100% of Blacks Oppose Alito and Think Iraq War Unjustified

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:34 pm
http://www.opednews.com/images/opednewslogo.jpg

Quote:

January 29, 2006

OpEdNews.Com/ Zogby People's Poll; 100% of Blacks Oppose Alito and Think Iraq War Unjustified

The poll produced a huge amount of information. It's startling to realize, when you look at the demographic data, how much more information is available in a poll than just the simple percentages in response to the question.

More on that later. The poll came up with some powerful findings which this article will discuss. For starters 85% of Democrats are more likely to support a candidate who supports impeachment.

100% of the African Americans in the poll-- 109-- now believe that the Iraq war was unjustified. Zero percent of the African Americans polled support the appointment of Alito to the Supreme Court. 80.3% oppose it and 19.7 percent are not sure. That helps explain the huge drop in support PA Senatorial candidate Bob Casey sees from African Americans when they learn his positions. How huge?...

Continued

They know who winds up on the front lines.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,111 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:44 pm
Re: 100% of Blacks Oppose Alito and Think Iraq War Unjustifi
freedom4free wrote:

Quote:

January 29, 2006

OpEdNews.Com/ Zogby People's Poll; 100% of Blacks Oppose Alito and Think Iraq War Unjustified......

Zero percent of the African Americans polled support the appointment of Alito to the Supreme Court. 80.3% oppose it and 19.7 percent are not sure. Continued

And if you could READ you would realize it's 80% opposed, 20% uncertain, not 100% opposed.

Since you can't read you also can't count so I skipped the decimals --- ummm.... that's the little numbers when the originals don't come up to a whole integer......
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:41 pm
You don't give someone a lifetime appointment to the SC unless you are sure. Therefore, one could say 100% oppose putting Alito on the High Court.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:59 am
Would not put much stock in statistics from a site that unabashedly professes to be "left biased and readers should expect to read the site as a left wing site with a left wing perspective."

It's also suspicious that Kall refuses to put up the actual demographic data because "they're too valuable to the opposition."

Can probably get a clue though from the questions on electronic voting machines, because he does offer demographics on those questions. What jumps out at me is the ideology of the folks queried. Shows a 2:1 (427:273) bias towards progressive/liberal/moderate pollees.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:08 am
I am immediately skeptical of anything that claim 100% of anything....

skepticism is the first step to wisdom
that's from a fortune cookie I really liked.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:11 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
You don't give someone a lifetime appointment to the SC unless you are sure. Therefore, one could say 100% oppose putting Alito on the High Court.

well, you could say that, but it wouldn't make any sense.

OHHHHH....I see......
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:19 am
100% eh? There is always a trace element of difference somewhere. Come to think on it, perhaps that can be found in those who are unsure.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:26 am
A large percentage I could buy. But i00% is a little overboard. As for Alito I predict the American people will live to regret that choice.
There is a large chasm between electing someone of questionable character and philosophy and appointing one as a justice to the supreme court . Elected officials can be voted out of office while the appointment to the supreme court is for a lifetime.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:03 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

OHHHHH....I see......

YOU would give someone a lifetime appointment to be one-ninth of a body that represents the Supreme Law of the Land without being sure?

And you think THAT makes sense?

OHHHHH...I see...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:05 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

OHHHHH....I see......

YOU would give someone a lifetime appointment to be one-ninth of a body that represents the Supreme Law of the Land without being sure?

OHHHHH...I see...

huh?
I was assuming you were kidding in your first post as what you said is not logical...

Perhaps I assumed wrong.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:05 am
slkshock7 wrote:
Would not put much stock in statistics from a site that unabashedly professes to be "left biased and readers should expect to read the site as a left wing site with a left wing perspective."

It's also suspicious that Kall refuses to put up the actual demographic data because "they're too valuable to the opposition."

Can probably get a clue though from the questions on electronic voting machines, because he does offer demographics on those questions. What jumps out at me is the ideology of the folks queried. Shows a 2:1 (427:273) bias towards progressive/liberal/moderate pollees.

You are confusing the poll data with the article. They are two separate things.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:13 am
ok, I think I was sorta confused by your response to me the first time, but now I'm really sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not even sure if this is address to me.

but nev' mind, it's not worth puzzling out.

onward and upward.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:27 am
It is logical to you to appoint someone to the Supreme Court for life that you are not sure of. That is logical to YOU? And you have difficulty understanding this point?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:28 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

OHHHHH....I see......

OHHHHH...I see...

This is my "first post."

What is difficult to understand?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:19 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

You are confusing the poll data with the article. They are two separate things.

hunh? so the article has nothing to do with the poll data? His whole premise, as clearly shown by his headline, is the poll data! He's urging that dems put more faith into and conduct more polls because he thinks they're completely underestimating the strength of their position.
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:31 pm
Justice Alito now has the support of --- presumably --- 99.999999% of blacks the exception being fellow justice Thomas.

And everyone Western who was killed in Iraq was really African and Mrs. Martin Luther King who died in Mexico at an alternative health clinic was medically well advised and pigs do fly and so on and so forth.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:49 pm
Re: 100% of Blacks Oppose Alito and Think Iraq War Unjustifi
freedom4free wrote:

Quote:

January 29, 2006

OpEdNews.Com/ Zogby People's Poll; 100% of Blacks Oppose Alito and Think Iraq War Unjustified

The poll produced a huge amount of information. It's startling to realize, when you look at the demographic data, how much more information is available in a poll than just the simple percentages in response to the question.

More on that later. The poll came up with some powerful findings which this article will discuss. For starters 85% of Democrats are more likely to support a candidate who supports impeachment.

100% of the African Americans in the poll-- 109-- now believe that the Iraq war was unjustified. Zero percent of the African Americans polled support the appointment of Alito to the Supreme Court. 80.3% oppose it and 19.7 percent are not sure. That helps explain the huge drop in support PA Senatorial candidate Bob Casey sees from African Americans when they learn his positions. How huge?...

Continued

They know who winds up on the front lines.

Well,we know this is Bs,and its easy to prove.
The guys I work with that are Black DO support the war.
So right there are 3 blacks.That automatically reduces that 100% number.

So,we know that the poll is worthless.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:28 am
Yazzir, massah mysteryman, we support the war. :)They are probably humoring you.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:48 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Yazzir, massah mysteryman, we support the war. :)They are probably humoring you.

So,do you automatically believe any poll that claims 100% suport or opposition to something?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:07 am
100% of blacks at the grocery store have a watermelon in their cart.

This was my observation yesterday. There was only one black person in the store.
0 Replies