Different realities

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:28 pm
ha! I probably have 11 years till i get married.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 04:09 pm
pseudokinetics wrote:
if you die do you experience everyones realities at once which would overload your brain and therefor cause your heart to stop.

I suspect that the dying experience is very similar for everyone... and the closer one gets to "death", the more similar the experiences becomes.
I don't think it is likely that each person will "experience everyone's realities", but I do think that everyone's reality is, ultimately, the same.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:33 pm
Well if everyones realities are ultimatly the same then we are living everyones reality. So if you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes are you also watching everyone elses reality or is it just focusing on yours?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:24 pm
Thanks. My post was totally unclear. I didn't realize before.
I was using "reality" in two different ways. There is the "ordinary reality" (our everyday experience) and "ultimate reality" (beyond experience), which is the same for everyone.
I don't believe that our ordinary reality can be experienced by others. But true (ultimate) reality must be the same for everyone, or it would not be true reality.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:40 pm
If your ultimate reality is the same as everyone elses, is your ordinary reality self create? Is the ultimate reality the same but everyone adds what they want to it or is it ultimately the same and unchangeable?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:08 pm
pseudokinetics wrote:
If your ultimate reality is the same as everyone elses, is your ordinary reality self create? Is the ultimate reality the same but everyone adds what they want to it or is it ultimately the same and unchangeable?

Okay. Obviously, I am far from being an expert, but...
Ordinary reality can be defined but not understood. As we define it more we understand it less.
True (ultimate) reality can be understood but not defined.
In response to your question, I do think that true reality is unchanging, eternal. Just my po' man's opinion, though.

(Dang, my brain is sweating out my ears.)
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
ha its funny that an eleven year olds theory on reality can make someones mind ache Smile
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:24 pm
echi wrote:
pseudokinetics wrote:

Okay. Obviously, I am far from being an expert, but...
Ordinary reality can be defined but not understood. As we define it more we understand it less.
True (ultimate) reality can be understood but not defined.
In response to your question, I do think that true reality is unchanging, eternal. Just my po' man's opinion, though.

(Dang, my brain is sweating out my ears.)

In ordinary reality can you only make minor changes or could you make new mountain ranges if you concentrate hard enough, or would that make a change in the ultimate reality therefore causing some extreme change in the universe? i dont think you could make major change (such as mountain ranges) i think you could only make minor changes like changing the structure of one atom on a bookshelf.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:33 am
Another question is do we constantly switch realities? If something bad or good happens does that mean we are switching between ultimate reality and our reality?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:29 pm
pseudokinetics wrote:
In ordinary reality can you only make minor changes or could you make new mountain ranges if you concentrate hard enough, or would that make a change in the ultimate reality therefore causing some extreme change in the universe? i dont think you could make major change (such as mountain ranges) i think you could only make minor changes like changing the structure of one atom on a bookshelf.

I don't think we can really change anything. "Change" seems to happen. Who knows why?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:32 pm
pseudokinetics wrote:
Another question is do we constantly switch realities? If something bad or good happens does that mean we are switching between ultimate reality and our reality?

I consider each moment a new, "ordinary" reality.

Dude, did you say you're eleven?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:16 pm
Echi, the context of 'ordinary reality' is one of perspectivism (Nietzsche). Each of us sees the world from a different point of view. That difference may be physical (in the sense that you and I will always stand in relation to an object from different places) and conceptual (our personalities and life conditioning will lead us to different interpretations of single events.

Obviously I'm agreeing here with Ray who said "Same reality, possible different mental interpretations of it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:20 pm
Echi, mystics do report that in the context of Ultimate Reality we are of one mind. It's just that most of us do not experience that mind.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:20 am
JLNobody wrote:
Echi, mystics do report that in the context of Ultimate Reality we are of one mind. It's just that most of us do not experience that mind.

Do you think that Ultimate Reality can be "experienced"? I consider it eternal, beyond experience. Although our experiences, our thoughts, are influenced by this Ultimate Reality.

My use of the term, "ordinary reality", is not the same as your's. I intended it to mean "everything that is not Ultimate Reality". From now on I will try to use a different term to avoid confusion. (Maybe just calling it "experience" would be good enough. Maybe "conceptual experience".)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
I think we are using "ordinary reality" similarly, IF by that you are referring to the culturally constituted worldview (the large set of deeply engrained conceptual biases or socially conditioned predispositions) of man in his non-mystical moments."Ultimate Reality" is "experienced" (if that is the term) only by mystics when enjoying certain statements of mind (e.g., samadhi). That is what we mean by mystic, one who experiences Ultimate Reality.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:18 am
Okay. Cool.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:34 am
So are you saying that once we attain Buddhahood we can experience the ultimate reality? If we can experience the ultimate reality would we altogether dissapear in all of the original realities?

(and yes i am 11, but dont act like i am lol)
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:37 am
You are NOT eleven.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
i am just dont tell anyone even though they will all find out from this post.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:54 am
Is the ultimate reality where the Awakened Ones wisdom comes from? Does the Ultimate Reality explain more in 10 minutes than the Original reality does in a lifetime?
0 Replies