Different realities

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:35 am
does a person live his/her own reality, what he/she chooses to see, what he/she chooses to hear, what he/she chooses to touch, and that everyone else actually exists but are living there own realities seperatly.

discuss
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,888 • Replies: 209
No top replies

xylene2301

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:58 am
I'm sure you've heard that people apparently only use a small number of their brain's synapses. The neuroscience folks don't seem to know what a great percentage of the brain does.

Most of my brain is doing all of this! That's right! Everthing you see; birds, clouds, even the computer on which you're reading this post!
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:55 am
xylene2301 wrote:
Most of my brain is doing all of this! That's right! Everthing you see; birds, clouds, even the computer on which you're reading this post!

So, what is "doing" your brain, then?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:21 am
This forum is an example of how our brains interact for the benefit of all.
[we're all in 'this' together!]
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:27 am
Someone once said that they thought "God was up there" with a controller playing us like an xbox.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 02:06 pm
perhaps we were created with a subatomic something controlling our brains. in the center of our brains is a semi-intelligent molecule. but note this is just a theory.
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 02:32 pm
Your reality, both physical and mental, are the direct result of the compilation of your observations made through senses. If you take enough time to allow your brain to process all the senses properly, sleep, your reality will grow.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 02:37 pm
another theory that was given to me by a friend when we were discussing this, was what if you only allowed things into your reality by wanting them there. So if you lose something like your keys or your jacket, you dont care about them enough to have them in your reality. They might be there in someone elses reality because they might care about them. So if you lose something it would be better if you had someone help you find them.
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 02:57 pm
But that would not hold up in the sense of love and friends. Indi movie called Nothing. Wished things away that they hated. Weird flick.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
My opinion: Same reality, possible different mental interpretations of it.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:42 pm
Ray wrote:
My opinion: Same reality, possible different mental interpretations of it.

you pretty much stated my theory at the begining except with different words.
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:32 pm
Well, there is something called selective hearing. And I believe that there is also selective talking, listening, seeing, viewing, etc. The selective is in the sense that, if I only want to hear good, good is what gets to me and the bad won't register for that moment of listening. Also, if I'm in a bad mood because I think that someone stole let's say my gold necklace. Then because my brain is thinking that I lost this necklace, then for the time I'm angry, even when I try to look for it or try finding it, it's there, but my brain doesn't let me see it. So, there are different realities we go through and live them. Also, people who say they saw visions and get revelations from God, these people live not only their reality but God's too. But then, since we live it, it becomes our reality. Furthermore, since in all circumstances above, the choice to live that reality is always ours, it has to be our reality.

RoyalesThaRula, your answer is really nice.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:12 pm
BRAVO!!!
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:26 pm
Beena wrote:
Also, people who say they saw visions and get revelations from God, these people live not only their reality but God's too..

Maybe have the ability to exist in other peoples reality as well. Would explain how the psychic knew where to find my ring.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:35 pm
Re: Different realities
pseudokinetics wrote:
does a person live his own reality
The more subjective the more idiosyncratic. The less subjective the more common.
pseudokinetics wrote:
does a person live his/her own reality
See above
pseudokinetics wrote:
what he/she chooses to see
See above
pseudokinetics wrote:
what he/she chooses to hear
See above
pseudokinetics wrote:
what he/she chooses to touch
See above
pseudokinetics wrote:
and that everyone else actually exists but are living there own realities
Alas, there are no absolutes to your questions only relatives.
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:52 pm
shari6905 wrote:
Beena wrote:
Also, people who say they saw visions and get revelations from God, these people live not only their reality but God's too..

Maybe have the ability to exist in other peoples reality as well. Would explain how the psychic knew where to find my ring.

True! Very true! I never thought of it.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:17 am
If people could get inside other peoples realities would that not mean that you could take it over and change it at the expense of the person you are in, or would you just see their reality unable to change things.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
Why would anyone believe that it is possible to experience someone else's reality? There is an ultimate reality that we all experience at some point, but the details of our individual life experiences are our's alone. How could it be any other way? Wouldn't it have to be supernatural?
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:10 pm
if you die do you experience everyones realities at once which would overload your brain and therefor cause your heart to stop.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
pseudokinetics wrote:
If people could get inside other peoples realities would that not mean that you could take it over and change it at the expense of the person you are in, or would you just see their reality unable to change things.
Get married and you'll have your answers Smile
0 Replies