Pssst, Boston... ready for another gathering?

dyslexia

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:38 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Thanks for food reportage. Mmm, Boston, I probably would have gone for seafood and olives. But ms. picky is picky about those too. On beer, I somehow got over it, back in the early marriage theater group days. A half a bottle - no matter how wonderful, and I've tried and like some of those - is enough already. The idea of a pitcher for a few of us now, nooooooooo. I'm not, alas, similarly temperate with other items.
osso is a liar, I have seen her on my patio downing a beer like it was lemonade on a hot summer day. (not often but it has happened)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:41 pm
@dyslexia,
I am not. I rarely actually finish a bottle. It's your coca cola you're thinking of.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:42 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
Thomas, sorry there was confusion. The bar was indeed loud and crowded - our group was spread out in two to three bunches for most of the night. Hard to have conversations with more than a couple people at once.

Oh, don't worry about it. I was still glad to see everyone. I was also glad that one of the things I did hear was your paean of praise for the Buddhist Cultural Center. I went there the next day, and enjoyed their lunch special very much. Plus, they are so considerate. On noticing my cough, they immediately offered warm water, which went a long way to soothing the tickle in my throat. They're a gem.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:48 pm
Hello Bostonians!

We're missing George over at the exercise thread. In fact his last post was
on the 13th. and we're a bit worried. Does anyone have means to check up
on him to make sure he's okay?
Letty

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
C.J. Do you mean Soccer George?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:09 pm
@Letty,
Yes Miss Letty - although I call him Latin George Wink
Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
Have just looked on facebook and he hasn't been there for a while either......................mmmmmmmmm
Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:34 pm
@Izzie,
He last posted there on March 18. Six days is enough of a "while" to be concerned?
Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:43 pm
@Thomas,
ahhhhhhhh... I thought it was the 11th but he was on a note

<note to myself - learn how to use facebook - doh Razz>

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:34 pm
@Thomas,
George (not georgeob1) posted the last time on the 13th here on a2k.
Since he always posts in the exercise thread, I am concerned, yes.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:44 pm
@CalamityJane,

e-mail sent...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:48 pm
@Izzie,
I call him the Astounding Giorgio, or something like that, as a result of the sports fantasy threads. He posted recently on fantasy baseball, will have to check when. George is a somewhat consistent poster, but not always. For example, he runs on up to (Montreal?) for some days sometimes.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
George posted on the Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Message Board 3/20 and his son posted a day or so later. I recall him saying a few weeks ago that he been "on vacation" from A2K by choice.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
Looked to me like he posted there the 22nd, but maybe that was his son. Close enough for government work...
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
Hi!
Thanks for your kind concern. It means a lot to me.
I'm fine, just a bit busy and wanting a break
from some of the less pleasant aspects of A2K.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:04 pm
Oh okay then. I guess, he just abandoned us in the exercise thread. Wink
sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 04:43 pm
@George,
Great, glad you're OK!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:30 pm
@George,
Glad you're alright mate. Take care of you and yours. Hugs. x
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:41 am
@CalamityJane,
I'll be back as soon as I can straighten my life out a bit.
mac11

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 09:18 am
George, I'm glad you're ok.

Hey, I know you Bahstonians don't like to plan ahead, but I'm probably going to attend a wedding in Medford 7/25.

I would love to meet all of y'all or as many as we can pull together. I'll post more details when I have them.