I knew that very instant,
she meant to do me harm.

Ever get your arm back?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:56 am
hephzibah wrote:
Lash, you know I've been thinking...

If you had spent any time here before assuming to know anything about members, you would know that I've been on both sides of a multitude of exchanges like this.

The result of disagreement with someone you have a low opinion of--isn't a negative.

I thought the influx of "Christians" would produce an interesting shift in the demographics here, and was having fun with quippy PMs behind the scenes, teasing about Crusades and such. ...Until I started getting what I consider to be rather sick e-mails from your little group, taking the whole "conversion thing" much more seriously. Some mentioned you. "Heph is with us!"

When people actively proselytize, the first thing they're saying is "I am superior to you--you're life is worthless, here, watch me. I'm right."

I resent it. You and the other two are cautionary tales, not something to be intentionally replicated.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:06 am
Lash,

Well, I'm glad you finally put it out there, Lash. So? I said Help is with us. She's a Christian. So? I emailed some friends and asked them to pray for Hephzibah on something. So? I am not trying to induce anyone to convert to Christianity. I have not one time tried to get anyone to convert. I have said no such thing. Funny, you seemed to be enjoying our little quips, well, that is until you decided I wasn't worthy of your notice anymore because I differed with you.

I have nothing to hide Lash. You can tell anyone you want that you and I sent those emails. Heck, you can post them for all I care. Haven't you figured it out yet? If I say it in private, I'm gonna say it in public, unless expressly stated otherwise?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:16 am
I'm an eternal optimist, I guess. This thread isn't giving me much fodder for my optimism.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:29 am
No worries there sozobe. Lash and I just had a disagreement on an issue. We will either work it out or we won't.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:30 am
That's not what it's about; the convolutions here are what it's about. Msolga has said it well.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:44 am
I understand, sozobe. I had a nice chat with msolga. She helped me to see that I was only hurting myself with some of the things I have said or done.

I like Lash. We disagree on some stuff but hey, that's life.

0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:15 am
Quote:
If you had spent any time here before assuming to know anything about members, you would know that I've been on both sides of a multitude of exchanges like this.

The result of disagreement with someone you have a low opinion of--isn't a negative.

You know Lash once again I tell you what I said was purely to make a point, not to assume that I knew anything about you. Things that people say can be taken in such a variety of ways. Especially when it's in a forum where you can't see the person, or hear the tone of their voice. I was, in a very crude way, pointing out exactally how you sounded. But I'll aplogize again because that was really rude. It was wrong, I know.

Quote:
I thought the influx of "Christians" would produce an interesting shift in the demographics here, and was having fun with quippy PMs behind the scenes, teasing about Crusades and such. ...Until I started getting what I consider to be rather sick e-mails from your little group, taking the whole "conversion thing" much more seriously. Some mentioned you. "Heph is with us!"

If you had spent any time at all talking to me or reading any of my other posts before making assumptions about where I stand you would see that I don't function within any particular "group". I have friends on both sides and I have issues with both sides. None of which I choose to make personal in any manner in an open forum. Well, except for a couple of instances where my words preceeded my thoughts. I'd be happy to link you to those if you would like to see just how inconsiderate I can be sometimes. I don't deny the fact. I just apologize and go on. Which is exactally what I'm going to do with this.

Quote:
When people actively proselytize, the first thing they're saying is "I am superior to you--you're life is worthless, here, watch me. I'm right.".

It is interesting to me that you say this, because this kind of behavior isn't just limited to "christians". I would encourage you to take a look at yourself in the mirror before you go throwing things like this around at others. If you can find anywhere that I have said such things except in my conversation with real life a few days ago and last night with you, I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to it, cause I'm sure I owe someone an apology! It has never been my goal to assert anything like that about myself or others. Though I realize I'm not beyond doing it. What's done is done, I'm letting it go now. I've done all that I can do. I don't hold any hard feelings towards you, but I won't blame you if you still hold hard feelings towards me. Take care. I'm sure I'll see you around.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:24 am
No, it's not "out there" by any means.

I think you made up the brown recluse story. I think you zeroed in on that member, searched his past posts for a handle, found the story, and used it for your own purposes. But, kudos. You sucked in everybody, save two or three.

I think you intentionally manipulate as much as you can for sympathy. Again, you're doing a brilliant job in the endeavor.

You have PMed me to say that I ruined your plot to get posters to say what you wanted them to say-- but, you "forgive me". I can't describe the levels of disgust that vaults.

I think if you need sympathy, you should ask for it in the appropriate venue. You're sure to get loads of it, as we have seen.

I think you have a serious agenda here, and are quite dishonest, and horribly warped about "what God says", based on what sits in my PM box. I find your views harrowing, but don't be concerned--everyone else here, save two or three, seems to think they're not that bad.

This could not be characterized as a disagreement.

No, the email in question has nothing to do with praying for anybody. You must have had me on your bulk mailing list accidentally. We'd already parted ways, when I recieved it.

I don't intend to make things difficult for you, unless you press issues with me. When you try to duck the truth about what you have said to me, casting doubt on what I've said, this will be the result. I'm not getting a bit of enjoyment from this, and hope to never feel compelled to do it again. I harbor no ill will against anyone, but I'd prefer that you enjoy your sojourn here without contacting me personally on the thread, as well as not by PM.

Now, it's out there.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:38 am
hephzibah wrote:
Quote:

You know Lash once again I tell you what I said was purely to make a point, not to assume that I knew anything about you. Things that people say can be taken in such a variety of ways. Especially when it's in a forum where you can't see the person, or hear the tone of their voice. I was, in a very crude way, pointing out exactally how you sounded. But I'll aplogize again because that was really rude. It was wrong, I know.

Quote:

If you had spent any time at all talking to me or reading any of my other posts before making assumptions about where I stand you would see that I don't function within any particular "group". I have friends on both sides and I have issues with both sides. None of which I choose to make personal in any manner in an open forum. Well, except for a couple of instances where my words preceeded my thoughts. I'd be happy to link you to those if you would like to see just how inconsiderate I can be sometimes. I don't deny the fact. I just apologize and go on. Which is exactally what I'm going to do with this.
If you had taken anytime to look at the bulk names MoAn mailed her battle directions to--you would have seen that mine was up there---and the content named you as an active participant in her machinations.

Was she lying?

Quote:
When people actively proselytize, the first thing they're saying is "I am superior to you--you're life is worthless, here, watch me. I'm right.".

It is interesting to me that you say this, because this kind of behavior isn't just limited to "christians". I would encourage you to take a look at yourself in the mirror before you go throwing things like this around at others. If you can find anywhere that I have said such things except in my conversation with real life a few days ago and last night with you, I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to it, cause I'm sure I owe someone an apology! It has never been my goal to assert anything like that about myself or others. Though I realize I'm not beyond doing it. What's done is done, I'm letting it go now. I've done all that I can do. I don't hold any hard feelings towards you, but I won't blame you if you still hold hard feelings towards me. Take care. I'm sure I'll see you around.

Except....? LOL.

Hey everybody, Lash knows Jesus....? Did you, from your most special Christian vantage point, feel that Lash shouldn't/couldn't/may not know Jesus...? Gays don't, either, do they? They're all going to hell, right? And, the atheists, and the agnostics, and the <add Heph's choices here>

There is a difference in defending an opinion, and feeling superior to people.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:56 am
Quote:
If you had taken anytime to look at the bulk names MoAn mailed her battle directions to--you would have seen that mine was up there---and the content named you as an active participant in her machinations.

Was she lying?

I have no clue what you are talking about to be honest. Sorry. I never received such mailing... but regardless I've never had any secret plans or battle directions tucked away. It seems to me that you are doing nothing more here than trying really hard to discredit MA and I. Which again is fine. I can't change your actions. I don't do "he said, she said". It's all just a game of gossip. So do what you feel is right Lash.

Quote:
Except....? LOL.

Hey everybody, Lash knows Jesus....? Did you, from your most special Christian vantage point, feel that Lash shouldn't/couldn't/may not know Jesus...? Gays don't, either, do they? They're all going to hell, right? And, the atheists, and the agnostics, and the <add Heph's choices here>

There is a difference in defending an opinion, and feeling superior to people.

Once again... I've already explained my intent behind the things I said last night, as well as already apologizing for that. What more do you want me to do? I am gagging here from the words you are putting in my mouth. Lash it's time to let it go. If you are unwilling to accept my apology that's fine. I can't change how you choose to view things. Nor will I attempt justify myself or anything I believe to you. I hope that some day you will be able to let this go and show that you are as forgiving as you say you are.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:14 pm
What weird people.

Forgiveness doesn't require believing lies or interacting with someone you don't trust. It does require coming clean about your offense before being clear to ask forgiveness.

But, save it. Just run along.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:27 pm
Lash Wrote:

Quote:
No, it's not "out there" by any means.

I think you made up the brown recluse story. I think you zeroed in on that member, searched his past posts for a handle, found the story, and used it for your own purposes. But, kudos. You sucked in everybody, save two or three.

Well, send me your address and I will send you my bill from the emergency room. Man, you give me credit for being a whole heck of a lot smarter than I actually am. Thanx for that, at least.

I think you intentionally manipulate as much as you can for sympathy. Again, you're doing a brilliant job in the endeavor.

If I was doing a brilliant job, I don't think I'd be complaining about people being nasty, would I? So again, I think you give me too much credit.

You have PMed me to say that I ruined your plot to get posters to say what you wanted them to say-- but, you "forgive me". I can't describe the levels of disgust that vaults.

Lash, that was meant as a joke and I think you know that. But, yes, I said it. I won't deny it. I've said things to you like it's us vs. them becaue that is how I felt at the time. I have come to see things a bit differently and I am trying very hard not to project that us vs. them mentality. I admitted that I did have that mentality. I probably still do in some respects. I made that statement to you about God said it is that way. Yes, God did say you are either for Him or against Him. But, I am trying to resolve that within myself. So many people are telling me that is not the way it is. So, I am trying to discern that for myself.

I think if you need sympathy, you should ask for it in the appropriate venue. You're sure to get loads of it, as we have seen.

Well, if you think being told your thread makes someone want to puke is sympathy, we differ greatly. Or if you think being told I am a homophobe, etc., is garnering sympathy then I need to revise my plan cause this one ain't working right.

I think you have a serious agenda here, and are quite dishonest, and horribly warped about "what God says", based on what sits in my PM box. I find your views harrowing, but don't be concerned--everyone else here, save two or three, seems to think they're not that bad.

I have no agenda. You seem to think I do, but I don't. Hey, Lash, post the friggin PM, ok? Let everyone see it. Just make sure you post the one that tells you exactly what I meant by that, ok? I told you, I have nothing to hide, Lash. If I said it, then I said it. If I was wrong then I'd admit I'm wrong.

This could not be characterized as a disagreement.

Well, see the thing here is you never told me there was a problem in the first place. You just let me go on pmming you and joking with you and so on but never one time said a thing about something I said offended you. Why is that? I trusted you enough to let my guard down some and say some things to you I might not say to someone else and you never said a word. Gee, when I sent you a pm the other night about we need to talk you pm'd me back with "are you breaking up with me?" I took that as a joke because you thought I was miffed at you or something. So, does that mean you had some agenda because you didn't tell me you had a problem with me?

No, the email in question has nothing to do with praying for anybody. You must have had me on your bulk mailing list accidentally. We'd already parted ways, when I recieved it.

Not sure what you are referring to. Perhaps the email I sent out about helping me come up with some characters and stuff for a satirical atheist skit? Hey, I told everyone I was going to do it. I thought maybe they should get it right back at them. So? I was angry. I never carried through on it. If that's not what you're talking about, then I'm not sure what it is. Wait a minute. Battle plan? The only email I remember sending out with Heph's name in it is the one that I asked for prayers for her about her challenging someone in a thread about the contradictions (I think that's what it was) in the Bible. As a matter of fact, let me just put that email right out there, Lash. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm not embarrassed by it and if someone has a problem that I did it then that's their problem.

My bulk email:

Some of you know that I post on the Spirituality & Religion forum on Able2know.com as do some of you.

Recently, a new poster, Hephzibah has joined us. She is a very strong Christian in the Lord. She is issuing a challenge right now to another poster (a non-believer) who says there are many contradictions in the Bible. She is ready to do battle for the Lord in this. I am asking that everyone please say a prayer for her. Pray that God gives her the wisdom and understanding she will need in this endeavor.

I know that everyone will understand my asking for this prayer, as you all know I am a Christian and God is the biggest part of my life. I thank all of you for your support!

Momma Angel

I don't intend to make things difficult for you, unless you press issues with me. When you try to duck the truth about what you have said to me, casting doubt on what I've said, this will be the result. I'm not getting a bit of enjoyment from this, and hope to never feel compelled to do it again. I harbor no ill will against anyone, but I'd prefer that you enjoy your sojourn here without contacting me personally on the thread, as well as not by PM.

You can't make anything difficult for me. I can only do that for myself. If you think airing anything I have said to you in private is going to cause me difficulty, it's not. I either said it or I didn't. You either took it in the vein it was meant to be in or not. Lash, life's too short. As I have been reminded quite a bit lately, this is an internet forum. Say what you will. I don't really care. It's not going to change my life one iota nor do I suspect what I think or say or do is going to change yours.

I am sorry I offended you. I still don't know for sure how I did it.

Now, it's out there.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:27 pm
You are right Lash.

forgive:
1 a : to give up resentment of or claim to requital for <forgive an insult> b : to grant relief from payment of <forgive a debt>
2 : to cease to feel resentment against (an offender) : PARDON <forgive one's enemies>

I don't remember asking you to do either of those things.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:03 pm
For innocent bystanders: That wasn't the email.

MoAn said this: Say what you will. I don't really care.

To which I say, we have reams of whining and tantrums that prove otherwise. However, I would gladly concede that you are right, and I was wrong if you prove that statement, by never responding to me again. Otherwise, your dishonesty is proven to everyone here.

For Heph, who has become quite forgetful of late, having said:

I don't remember asking you to do either of those things.

Maybe you remember this:

I hope that some day you will be able to let this go and show that you are as forgiving as you say you are.

To which I responded:

Forgiveness doesn't require believing lies or interacting with someone you don't trust. It does require coming clean about your offense before being clear to ask forgiveness

The inference, and your error, should be apparent.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:08 pm
Hephzibah,

I am so glad that I keep all the emails I send out. I would imagine this is the one that she may be talking about. Yep, it was a plan. I sent it. And you bet I'd send it again. I was pretty ticked that people wouldn't respect one little prayer thread. I'm telling you people, I have nothing to hide. If I say it, I'll admit to it. If I do it, I'll admit to it. If I feel it, I'll admit to it. I do stupid things in anger and when I'm emotional. It's not an excuse. If you are offended by this email I sent, I do apologize, but I don't see that I did anything so wrong. If you do, then you do. If you're an atheist then you're an atheist. If you're not, you're not.

bulk email I sent:

[quote]Hi y'all,

Ok, here's the plan. DO NOT POST IN THESE new threads started by these atheists such as Bugs Bunny and Homosexuality and Questions for God.

Let them have them. If we ignore them, they will not have ammunition.

Are ya with me? (Name taken out to protect the innocent) is in too. I am not PMming anyone about it for fear the PMs are not private.

Anyone have name taken out to protect the innocent) email? If so, please send the message to (name taken out to protect the innocent.)

Thanx,

Yours in the faith,

Momma Angel[/quote]

I would like to make it clear to everyone that NO ONE responded to this email I sent out. If you have a problem with it, then it's me you have the problem with, not anyone else.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:43 pm
Hephzibah,

Why would MoAn say this to you:

"If you have a problem with it, then it's me you have the problem with, not anyone else."

MoAn said this: Say what you will. I don't really care.

To which I say, we have reams of whining and tantrums that prove otherwise. However, I would gladly concede that you are right, and I was wrong if you prove that statement, by never responding to me again. Otherwise, your dishonesty is proven to everyone here.

your dishonesty is proven to everyone here.

I hope Hephzibah got all that. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:52 pm
Lash,

Look, I wasn't talking to you. I put that out there for everyone to see. I am not intimidated by you, Lash. I don't want to fight with you, either. But, do not drag anyone else into this. Your problem is with me, not Hephzibah or anyone else.

You know you manipulated it so I wouldn't answer you directly and I didn't. Well, now I am.

If YOU have a problem with me then YOU should have had enough integrity to at least tell me about it when it first happened. YOU are the one that did not tell me you had a problem and even joked about it when you asked "if I was breaking up with you." I didn't know you had a problem with me until this thread was started! Why?! Why is that Lash? Huh? Why did you let me go on thinking I could trust you and confide in you?

So, you want to fight? Fine. I'm feeling a bit mad at the world today anyway, Lash. Get it out! Finish it. I'm just not going to let you drag other people into this. You won't take it private so fine, do it in the open. I have nothing to hide. Just remember that I KEEP COPIES OF EVERYTHING, Lash. Are you so sure of everything you've said to me that you wouldn't care if it was put out there for all to see?

Yeah, I know. Very unChristian like behavior going on with me right now. I'll deal with it when I have to deal with it.

Now, drop it!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 02:02 pm
Pretty silly run of back-and-forth here over the past few pages. Tell ya what; I feel up for a challenge. The hell with you kids trying to fight one another - try me on. I s'pose that'll do 'til a real challenge comes along.
0 Replies