Anthony Wiggle is freaking me out.

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:31 pm
I adore Spongebob.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:33 pm
Yaya's cousins are into Spongebob, but they haven't infected/recruited/converted her yet.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:38 pm
Yeah, I don't think sozlet got into it until she was 4 or so. (How old is Yaya now?)

I love the layers to it, and the characterization, and the major anti-fast-food component. (The guy behind Spongebob has been doing various healthy-food initiatives, and when the Spongebob movie came out refused to show his characters eating Burger King products [though he did allow a tie-in], etc.)

Just asked sozlet why she liked it: "Because it's funny."

Well, there's that, too.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:43 pm
Yes Spongeboob is hip, and so are the Rug Rats.
I could crack up with Angelica's parents, or little Tommy's
Hippie mother who called one of the other mothers always "Facelift Charlotte".
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:47 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yeah, I don't think sozlet got into it until she was 4 or so. (How old is Yaya now?)

27 months.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:51 pm
Spongebob is very clever...at times.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
For about 3 months I had a huge crush on Anthony. Then he started wiggling me out, too.....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:49 am
Wiggling you out of what?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:40 am
a-ha, he's trying to be Julio Iglesias!

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/MEDIA/usa/images/julioantonio.jpg

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/MEDIA/usa/julioantonio.html

I had a crush on young Greg for a while (I like tall guys), but old Greg is icky. I was awash in ageist guilt for a bit, but then realized that young Greg was actually having fun, and old Greg looks like he'd rather be far, far away...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:58 am
Yeeeaaahhhh.... that looks pretty current. His teeth are not just whiter -- they fill up his mouth more, or something..... it's weird.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:30 am
Is that even the same guy? The nose looks different. And the first one looks like he has blue eyes, though it's hard to tell.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:35 am
I thought it WAS a different guy when I saw him on TV the other day. I kept looking and looking - I thought they had found a look-alike.

"The role of Anthony Field is now being played by Joe Blow" or something... a disclaimer, a new Wiggle, something...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:15 pm
OK, I'm looking at him now -- bigger, whiter teeth (caps, maybe?), and also bigger, pointier sideburns that reshape his face a bit.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:11 am
sozobe wrote:
I had a crush on young Greg for a while (I like tall guys), but old Greg is icky. I was awash in ageist guilt for a bit, but then realized that young Greg was actually having fun, and old Greg looks like he'd rather be far, far away...

Poor guy, he's been sick:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/29/AR2006112900110.html

(And is a year younger than me!)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:03 pm
sozobe wrote:
Buster's dad?

DW IS sozlet, btw. Sozlet lacks an older brother to torment, but the rest of it is all there.

(Has Chai run screaming from the room yet?)

I have both (although they are both girls - DW (the four year old trouble maker - smart a$$) and Arthur (the 8 year old more seriousby line sort).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yeah, he's too human, not rabbity enough.

Where do we stand on Spongebob? I'm currently pro.

I like Spongebob - great humor and it Spongebob is so sweet and naivee.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:33 pm
Yellow wiggle Greg Page is set to retire due to illness. he's a pretty sick boy apparently
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:34 pm
Bean loves those guys

mama likes lookin at the yellow one.. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:53 pm
Once at work - these two guys came in wearing bright colored polo shirts - they looked remarkably like the wiggles and everyone let them know. I don't think they ever wore those shirts again.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
It's official according to the Herald Sun in Australia - just today it was announced (or tomorrow as Australia is currently Nov. 30th).
SERIOUSLY ill Wiggles member Greg Page will today officially leave the children's supergroup, shattering their millions of young fans around the world.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20844868-662,00.html

I was also reading some where - that another person thought Anthony had a nose job.
0 Replies