you must choose...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,245 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:39 am
Steelers all the way...but then again you already know that is to be the final outcome.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:07 am
I put Steelers, but am not real confident.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:28 am
Its winter, Its the Steel town, its the sport of Iron cliches, no pussy latte drivencommunity of clinically depressed "healie feelies" should win the Superbowl, otherwise well be having fooball teams in Key West or Providence. Fooball is a gritty spoprt played by men of grit and ready to give 110% so they can bring the tin pot home and make the town a little brighter.

Pittsburgh probably has more landslides per year than any place in the nation, but do they make a big deal out of it and whine about the terrible losses of property, hell no. These people are tough and contain grit as one of their major food groups. They make the lousiest beer on the planet, the kind of beer that, on a good day, will only leave you with a stroke inducing headache.
These people have a city wrapped in moree fog than London and they thrive in it. "Foggy enough for ya"? is a typical Pittsburgh greeting.
They cant even get supplies in the town on a regular basis what with the damn Rivers always doin something you dont like or the tunnels are all blocked with crashed beer trucks trying to make some money by dumping the **** and then claiming on the insurance.
Home of the worlds grittiest kielbasi sammiches . All the stuff that they were noted for like steel, and pickles, and plate glass, isnt even done there anymore, so without football , Pittsburgh has nothing. They deserve to win, they must win. If they dont win , Im afraid there will be mass suicides at the turnpike bridge tunnel.
They must win for pitys sake. These people have nothing .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:40 am
Id be willing to listen to an argument about why Seattle (hah) should win.Out there, Everyones gonna be watching the "big game" from their verandas on their houseboats overlooking the sound, on their 1200 inch TVs eating sushi and drinking Red Bull and Vodka wearing their Orvis suntans and Hawaian shirts. Boy you people make me sick. Even having a fooball team in a city that has more bookstores than bars just aint right. Its a town with no soul and totally lacking in grit. You people should have a Cricket team or some other alleged sport that nobody can understand or give a **** about.

Pittsburgh NEEEDS this win, they have nothing to go back to, Oh sure the penguins are doin ok but the Flyers are gonna be the team to watch in PA and, anyway, hocky is kinda "Canadian" ya know? Seattle still ahs some viable industries and the people are employed, Pittsburgh is a mere shadow of its former greatness and deeply needs this win before the entire town crumbles into a pile of iron oxide.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:24 am
Will "one for the thumb" apply after a 26 year interval?
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:15 am
Lets see the AFC has won the last three out of four Super Bowls........

Pittsburgh.....AFC
Seattle..........NFC

nuff said?

Steelers (with the "Bus" going home to Detroit and probably his last professional game) will romp.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:32 am
bless you, the "Towel brigade" will be there
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:32 am
Well, the east coast mafia already has the Steelers favored by 4, so I'll take the Seahawks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:46 am
I vote for Pitt, land of, uh, industry.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:52 am
I have to pick the Seahawks because every team I pick inevitably loses.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 11:12 am
jespah wrote:
I vote for Pitt, land of, uh, industry.

a house divided: i'm taking the Ocean Birds Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:40 pm
We will call a truce over dinner.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:42 pm
I'll be sitting in front of a 19inch TV rooting for the Steelers while slurping Iron City beer, cabbage and cheese pierogies and beer brats lamenting the fate of the Bengals.

Oh well! At least Pittsburg is an Ohio River City and there's always next year and the Reds.

Rap
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:58 pm
I'm pulling for the Steelers. That Bradshaw guy seems to have a future in the NFL, and Franco Harris is god.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:54 am
The thing that determines Super Bowl winners is skill of the teams. When comparing the two, it is a wash at all but two positions, and these two positions will be the keys to victory:

1.) Wide Receiver Play-Does Randall El catch a couple 40 yarders? Does Hines Ward end up with more than a handfull of catches? Also, Keep an eye on Joe Jurivicious and Darrell Jackson.

2.) Linebacker Play-Lofa Totupa. If you haven't heard his name 100 times this playoff then you've not been listening. Will he make impact plays? Also, watch for the Blitzburg D. Do Farrior and Porter get pressure on Hasselbeck and force a few bad throws?

Watch for these things, and the winner will then emerge.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:07 am
Bikini clad football analysis. What a concept!
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:57 pm
After watching Alexander and Strong pick up the Carolina blitzers, I must conclude that the Steelers will not be able to stop the Seattle offense. However, I think the reverse is also true. Next-to-last mistake wins. I'll take Seattle, 35-31.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 10:24 pm
STEELERS!!! STEELERS!!! STEELERS!!!

Oh Lord, I promise you, if you can somehow arrange for a Steelers win, I promise, I won't ever pee in a sink again.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:38 am
Note to self: touch nothing in kicky's sink. Ever. Even if the Steelers win.
0 Replies