SB XL: Seahawks or Steelers?

Sturgis

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:26 am
jespah wrote:
Note to self: touch nothing in kicky's sink. Ever. Even if the Steelers win.

Don't eat the salad either...he has been said to toss it together there.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:39 am
pitt'll be wearing there sissy whites -- they don't stand a chance...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:51 am
The Steelers will win and leave those pathetic birds flapping their wings in despair.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:07 am
anyone else sick and tired of watching joey porter flap his gums?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:35 am
As per the USATODAY article...Porter brings with him the needed macho element. He was likened to 'a guy with road rage driving down the road with noone else on it'.

Bottom line though is he is into his game and that's an added blessing for the Mighty Steelers.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 05:15 pm
farmerman wrote:
Id be willing to listen to an argument about why Seattle (hah) should win.

The argument isn't very good if you're not a Cowboys fan, of which I am not, but the Cowboys fans over here don't want the Steelers in the Five-Time Superbowl Club.

They're miffed as it is that the 49ers created the club.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 05:49 pm
the steelers are up 11-9 in the poll.

i figured they'd be up by a lot more...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 07:39 am
Quote:
NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowledged he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The veteran official began an annual training-camp rules interpretation session with the Seattle media after practice on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that," said the veteran of 15 NFL seasons and two Super Bowls.

"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly," Leavy said of the game in February 2006. "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

Several calls went against the Seahawks in their 21-10 loss to the Steelers. It was Seattle's only Super Bowl appearance.

This week is the first time since that game Leavy has been in Seattle with the Seahawks. He and a mini-crew arrived Thursday to help with the team's practices and give it a rules presentation.

Leavy didn't specify which plays he "kicked" that day in Detroit.

Early in the fourth quarter, tackle Sean Locklear was called for holding on a pass completion that would have put the Seahawks at the Pittsburgh 1, in position for the go-ahead touchdown. After the penalty, Matt Hasselbeck threw an interception, and then was called for a low block on a play that ended with him tackling Pittsburgh's Ike Taylor on the defensive back's return.

The penalty moved the Steelers from their 29 to the 44. Pittsburgh used its better field position to score the clinching touchdown four plays later.

The next day, then-Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren told fans at a civic gathering at Qwest Field, "I knew it was going to be tough going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts, as well."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048
0 Replies