movie reference in The Simpsons

dov1953

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 11:27 pm
Rolling Eyes Am I stupid or what? Practically every time I watch the Simpsons I find several twisted references to classic movies. Does anyone else notice this or have I just been watching too much of the Simpsons?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,362 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 11:29 pm
They reference Poe a lot too.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 12:03 am
The Simpsons even reference the Simpsons!! For a few years the references to classic films came thick and fast, but that seems to have dropped off now. I can think of four references to "2001: a space odessey" straight off the top of my head. I wouldn't recommend turning this into a topic, we'd never get it finished.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 07:59 am
Oh, definately...picking them out is part of the fun. 'Lisa's day' is based on 'Run Lola Run', and the others are just too numerous to remember...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:17 am
if they don't drop 5 allusions before the first commercial break, it's a slow week. even the credits are frequently a drag of something else...
0 Replies

dov1953

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:48 pm
Razz I am reminded of that scene when Mr. Burns and Homer were trapped in their underwear on the mountainside and they were staring at each other and thinking. It was a very clever take on, should I guess, "Treasure of the Sierra Madre". I know the reference but not the movie title for sure. I've never understood that dark music and Mr. Burns saying, "excellent". Is that a take off on something? I think the whole Mr. Burns character is taken from the movie with Jimmy Stewart about Christmas. I can't think of that title either, but I think that's the one.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:51 pm
How could you pass '22 short Films About Springfield', if that ain't homage....

http://www.geocities.com/simpsons_guide/pictures/dancing_simpsons.jpg
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:53 pm
"It's a Wonderful Life" is what you're thinking of.
0 Replies