Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 11
No top replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:29 am
....for much success in your endeavor
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:02 am
This is just a beginning of a series of USSC tests that will try to overturn Roe.If it passes, itll automatically be in violation of US law. Hes no dummy. Hunt cant lose either way.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:32 am
He will do well and go far...or is that go far and do well?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:45 am
Not just Hunt in South Dakota, I'm encouraged that we've got Woodruff in Indiana and similar legislation pending in Ohio, Georgia, and Tennessee.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13688557.htm

Miami Herald wrote:
Taking direct aim at Roe vs. Wade, lawmakers from several states are proposing broad restrictions on abortion, with the goal of forcing the U.S. Supreme Court -- soon to include a second new justice -- to revisit the landmark ruling.

A bill under consideration in Indiana would ban all abortions, except when continuing the pregnancy would put the woman's life or physical health in danger of ''substantial permanent impairment.'' Similar legislation is pending in Ohio, Georgia and Tennessee. The bills are in direct conflict with the Supreme Court's 1973 rulings establishing abortion as a constitutional right.

Surely one of these bills will soon be elevated to the Supreme Court as a direct challenge to Roe.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:50 am
I look for a lot of this now that bush has shat a supreme court judge directly from his ass on to the bench.

I don't think the female vote will treat these guys kindly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:50 am
Youve got me wrong, Im saying this as a warning. The goddam Conservatives, they want less government unless its controlling your personal life.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:51 am
farmerman wrote:
Youve got me wrong, Im saying this as a warning. The goddam Conservatives, they want less government unless its controlling your personal life.

gotcha and I couldn't agree more.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:08 pm
If I were a conservative politician, I would wait until AFTER Alito is confirmed before starting pushing on these bills.

The Filibuster rumble is starting (and I think and hope it will happen). That these bills are starting now makes the Filibuster that much more likely.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:16 am
Go ahead and overturn it already and quit yammering about it. The Republicans don't want it overturned. They just want to "talk" about overturning it and keep it in the news and tug on heartstrings and rally the conservatives and so forth. I say go ahead and overturn it and then their daughters can end up in some back alley abortion clinic getting a coat hanger shoved up their hoo-hee.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:14 pm
Myabe its time for a privacy amendment to the constitution.

Congress and the states shall make no law infringing on the privacy of US citizens.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 01:50 pm
Maybe past time, parados, since the 4th is evidently not clear enough.
0 Replies