repubs eat their own

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 12:22 pm
With the help of a little digital wizardry, the conservative Club for Growth is airing ads showing Republican Sens. Olympia J. Snowe (Maine) and George V. Voinovich (Ohio) in proximity to French flags in order to disparage their resistance to President Bush's tax-cut plans.
The TV ads, which will run for 10 days in Maine and Ohio, recall France's opposition to the U.S. invasion of Iraq. They go on to say "some so-called Republicans," naming Snowe in the Maine ads and Voinovich in the Ohio ads, "stand in the way" of Bush's tax-cutting plans at home. Digitally inserted French flags flutter beside the senators' images.
"It's hilarious," said Voinovich spokesman Scott Milburn. "It reminds me of the Iraqi information minister's daily briefing. It's so incredible that it barely deserves a response."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,091 • Replies: 13
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 12:39 pm
This is how elections are planned, how they are won. The hell with logic and principle.
0 Replies

dafdaf

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2003 06:49 am
anyone found this ad on the net anywhere?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2003 06:55 am
as far as i know its only running in the home states of Snowe and Voinovich which would be Maine and Ohio.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2003 06:59 am
I think it's hilarious.
Freedom of expression with a sense of humor.

And, the alternative to disagreement within your party is blindly agreeing with everything the party farts out. I would much rather them disagree on principle openly.
0 Replies

Verbal lee

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 10:01 am
Reading through this "politics forum" is troubling and confusing. Often, I feel the people who call themselves 'conservative' should be called the "Defensive" party.
Many times when someone, (in WHATEVER political party) has something critical to say about the present administration and it's people, they jump to defend, and make cracks about why they would not be a "democrat" "liberal" "ignoramus" and "etc. etc."
Such 'chip on the shoulder' 'snot in the air' snobbery, is- IMO, the worst thing this country has to endure. And that says a LOT, for we endure many things.

Remember the words Dyslexia....? '...a house divided against itself cannot stand!' Makes no difference how simple and trite the snobs think that platitude to be... it is true. Confused
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 10:38 am
The link to the videos (without french flags, as far as I could see) is here:

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/news.php?clubforgrowth=42314f7b77b0118cb3cde705029331b2

(Just a question in brackets: became Kennedy a post-mortem-honorary-Republican?)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 10:49 am
Yup, there were French flags in the April video, first behind Chirac, then not removed before Voinevich's image was superimposed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 10:54 am
Right, ehem - correct, I mean :wink: - I had't seen the April videos.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 11:39 am
Walter, I just noticed that you added 'old Europe' to your location. Nice addition. Very Happy
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:02 pm
One of these days a pollitician will own up and answer a real question with a real honest and truthfull reply. And we'll collapse in a state of disbelief and vote him out of office.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:48 pm
and if jesus reappeared he would have to wear a rolex on his t.v. show.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:25 pm
I read where it only made them more resolute. And most people in Maine appear to agree with Snowe - say that's why they voted for her. And something called the Rushmore group is making Del and Dale (or something) commercials against Daschle - the folksy tpe. Haven't seen any, just read about them. The Rushmore group has no address - they operate totally in the open.

"Snot in the air?" Boy, that's odious.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:26 pm
I like Snowe, always did. She is genuinely rock-ribbed and dependable, even when you don't agree with her.
0 Replies