Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:21 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 609 • Replies: 10
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:29 pm
As the article demonstrates, there are a few liberals in Texas.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:32 pm
Is there a season on them?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
We keep mostly hid, eschewing bumper stickers and public displays.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
In '04, i saw a wonderful bumper sticker:

Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:54 pm
Yes, I see that bumper sticker occasionally. Yesterday I saw one that was a W with a slash thru it. Of course, I see plain W ones all the time.

I never saw the DeLay ad. Did you edgar?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:56 pm
So far, the channels I watch have not had the courage to air them. I wonder if they can be seen anywhere online?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:47 am
Jan. 22, 2006, 12:56AM
Text of new anti-DeLay ad

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

A 30-second ad by the the Campaign for America's Future and the Public Campaign Action Fund released a new television ad about Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Sugar Land.

The "Out of Sight" ad reads:

ANNOUNCER (in a voice over): Here's the ad Tom Delay does not want you to see. And what does Tom Delay not want you to know?

ONSCREEN: Received at least $57,000 in political contributions from Abramoff, his lobbying associates or his tribal clients between 2001 and 2004. - Associated Press, 01/05/06 floats out of black screen towards viewer.

ANNOUNCER: That he received tens of thousands in campaign contributions from indicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff and his associates.

ONSCREEN: He visited cliff-top Caribbean resorts, golf courses designed by PGA champions and four-star restaurants _ all courtesy of donors who bankrolled his political money empire.- Associated Press, 12/20/05 floats out of black screen towards viewer.

ANNOUNCER: That he took trips all over the world at his donors' expense.

ONSCREEN: Russians contributed $1 million to the group in 1998 specifically to influence Delay's vote on legislation. - Washington Post, 12/28/05 black screen.

ANNOUNCER: That a group related to Delay received $1 million dollars from Russian tycoons to allegedly influence his vote.

ONSCREEN: "TOM DELAY" fades into black screen. "TIME TO RESIGN FROM CONGRESS" fades in.

ANNOUNCER: That's what Tom Delay doesn't want you to know. Is there more?

ONSCREEN: TOM DELAY, TIME TO RESIGN, A MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC CAMPAIGN ACTION FUND AND CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE

ANNOUNCER: It's time for Delay to resign.

Source: The Campaign for America's Future and the Public Campaign Action Fund
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 10:43 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Jan. 22, 2006, 12:56AM
Text of new anti-DeLay ad

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

A 30-second ad by the the Campaign for America's Future and the Public Campaign Action Fund released a new television ad about Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Sugar Land.

The "Out of Sight" ad reads:

ANNOUNCER (in a voice over): Here's the ad Tom Delay does not want you to see. And what does Tom Delay not want you to know?

ONSCREEN: Received at least $57,000 in political contributions from Abramoff, his lobbying associates or his tribal clients notice they can't pin down who or how much. $57,000 is chump change. That's why Hillary has been spared my wrath in this matter. I believe she has accepted similar amounts of money from the same people. between 2001 and 2004. - Associated Press, 01/05/06 floats out of black screen towards viewer.

ANNOUNCER: That he received tens of thousands in campaign contributions from indicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff and his associates.

ONSCREEN: He visited cliff-top Caribbean resorts, golf courses designed by PGA champions and four-star restaurants _ all courtesy of donors who bankrolled his political money empire.- Associated Press, 12/20/05 floats out of black screen towards viewer. Who cares?

ANNOUNCER: That he took trips all over the world at his donors' expense.

ONSCREEN: Russians contributed $1 million to the group in 1998 specifically to influence Delay's vote on legislation. - Washington Post, 12/28/05 black screen.

ANNOUNCER: That a group related to Delay received $1 million dollars from Russian tycoons to allegedly influence his vote. I wonder if they were successful or if Delay just took their money and gave them the finger. it's neat how you can throw the word allegedly in and that makes everything ok. Al Gore allegedly molested his daughter until she was 17.

ONSCREEN: "TOM DELAY" fades into black screen. "TIME TO RESIGN FROM CONGRESS" fades in.

ANNOUNCER: That's what Tom Delay doesn't want you to know. Is there more?

ONSCREEN: TOM DELAY, TIME TO RESIGN, A MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC CAMPAIGN ACTION FUND AND CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE

ANNOUNCER: It's time for Delay to resign.

Source: The Campaign for America's Future and the Public Campaign Action Fund

Hate ads... How wonderfully American. I hope he answers these allegations.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 10:45 am
Over here, the tabloids would have made mincemeat of him years ago.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 11:11 am
Unfortunately, they made them water the ad down before they would accept it. The original was more specific in its details.
0 Replies