Interviewing experts........

Asherman

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:01 pm
Here we are in June. Have you followed through on your interviews and articles?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 08:34 am
Hi Ash

Thanks for coming back and reviving this thread. Its been two weeks since the despatch of the proposal of the article to the concerned magazine and no reply yet. The good thing is that I know the reason why they haven't replied. I just bought the latest issue for this publication and found a similar article. No way they would like to have another so soon after the first one.

It happens.....doesn't it? Newbies should be patient. Smile
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 09:38 am
Patience and perseverance! You can do it. Keep us in mind, I'm very interested in how you do.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 09:52 am
Oh yes, sir! Cool

I always keep these words in mind:Break a leg, and Tally-Ho! Go get'em tigeress!

I am bombarding editors with queries. Just one 'go-ahead' and I go flying!
Cheers
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 10:11 am
Because some time has passed, it may be a good idea to go back and review this thread at least. I'm watching.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:54 am
Success, Ash, success!

Two US national glossies are going to run my stories in the coming months. I had to conduct interviews for both of them (one of them is still underway), and I enjoyed the process.

If you are interested, I can PM you the names of the publications.

Thanks so much, again. You have been an ally.

Spider

P.S I have to take my exams in the coming month, and I might not be able to reply to any messages for a while.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:45 am
Congratulations! I've always believed in your ability to do journalistic work. Its very pleasing to know that you've been able to sell two (!) articles to magazines. That is an outstanding debut.

I look forward to reading those articles, and I'm sure other A2Kers will also want to read your work. We know the "What" and "Why", so give us the other "Ws" so we can look for the articles.

What are your plans after Acing your finals? More school? Look for a job within your discipline? Journalism job, or reelance writing? Visit Disneyland? Whatever your choice, you have a brilliant future ahead to look forward to.

Atta boy Tigress.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 12:35 pm
I am on a run here, so quick replies to your questions:

Yes, more school. My current course (Bachelors) isn't yet finished, and there's one more year left. After that, I wish to study further- for the Masters, of couse, but in a different discipline, which I think would be journalism most likely. Currently, it's science.

As for jobs, I would definitely like to have one after I have completed my schooling.

I will continue freelancing for the next three to five years as a part-time gig.

And, of course, I want to write the big stuff - novels, screenplays etc. Probably in my mid 20s. Who knows.

But, more than anything else, I will be looking at improving my writing skills this year and setting high standards in the use of language.

Oh, and when the articles are out, I'll definitely let you know the names of the publications.

Thanks!
0 Replies