Most wanted cards filling an inside straight.

au1929

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 01:53 pm
Slowly the people on the most wanted deck of cards are being captured or turning themselves in and are being turned over to the US military. What, I wonder, will the US do with them? I believe that when the Iraqi's establish a court and justice system they should be turned over to the Iraqi's to deal with them as they will. There crimes if any were against the Iraqi people not the US. What is your opinion regarding the disposition of these people?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 5
No top replies

steissd

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 02:49 pm
It does not matter who judges them. But first of all they should be interrogated by the CIA/Military Intelligence. They may know many interesting things.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 03:00 pm
steissd
The question is what is their crime and against whom. They have certainly not committed any crimes against the US. What justification does the US have for holding them? They cannot, I believe even be judged as prisoners of war. There is no evidence that they resisted the US advance or fought against it.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 04:14 pm
I do not say that they should be prosecuted, convicted, etc. IMO, let them be absolutely free. If they want, they may go to the hell. But only after they share with the U.S. intelligence everything they know.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 04:16 am
I prefer an ad hoc tribunal. The international criminal tribunals for former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and for Rwanda (ICTR),established by the Security Council, to punish violations of law during the Yugoslavia conflict and the Rwanda genocide of the 1990s have done a great job.

It is the only way people will get a fair trial.
0 Replies

owi

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 04:33 am
Quote:
"In the prospect of an international criminal court lies the promise of universal justice. That is the simple and soaring hope of this vision. We are close to its realization. We will do our part to see it through till the end. We ask you . . . to do yours in our struggle to ensure that no ruler, no State, no junta and no army anywhere can abuse human rights with impunity. Only then will the innocents of distant wars and conflicts know that they, too, may sleep under the cover of justice; that they, too, have rights, and that those who violate those rights will be punished."

-- Kofi Annan, United Nations Secretary-General
0 Replies