Have the Leaders of America Lost Their Minds?

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:26 am
http://argentina.indymedia.org/images/sfindy.gif

Quote:
Monday, Jan. 16, 2006 at 5:24 AM

Have the Leaders of America Lost Their Minds?

Imagine if Britain had reason to believe that one of the fugitive suspects in the subway bombings in the United Kingdom planned to secretly meet some relatives who would be at a crowded, public community Christian festival in Silver Spring Maryland.

Britain then used one of their attack Nuclear Subs in the Atlantic to target the Christian Festival at the time they thought the suspect would be there.

Imagine Britain then launched a missile with a powerful explosive warhead against a yearly Christian festival at the Silver Spring Maryland Community Center. Suppose that at least 18 Americans, including many women and children, died in the explosions and perhaps between 50 and 100 innocent Americans endured terrible injuries.

How would Americans react?

I would think that every American would certainly react with outrage and anger against Britain for the deed, and rightfully so.

Yet, America has just committed an almost identical act against our staunch ally in the War on Terror: Pakistan, an ally nation where its leadership is doing everything it can to help America in the anti-terror war and going against much popular opinion to do it.

On Friday the 13th America made an air strike on a religious festival in the village of Damadola in the Bajaur region of Pakistan. Our bombs indiscriminately killed many innocent men, women and children in a nation that we desperately need as an ally in the War on Terror. Our attack left at least 18 killed and scores of innocents maimed and burned. As an ugly punctuation mark, the man we were trying to kill wasn’t even there!

Have American leaders lost their minds?

Immediately Americans such as John McCain defended the attacks

“This war on terror has no boundaries,” McCain, a former Navy combat pilot who challenged George W. Bush for the Republican presidential nomination in 2000, told CBS. “We have to go where these people are, and we have to take them out.”

So Senator McCain, if a murderer comes into a church where your own family happens to be — would you support sending a missile into that church?

Senator McCain, you are a fool, a hypocritical evil fool who doesn’t even realize the depth of your hollow soul.

Senator, you take out the criminal — not innocent men, women and children in an unmitigated act of terror.

If Americans can’t understand the evil and stupidity of what occurred, and hey can’t honestly say how they would react if the situation were reversed, then God help us!

Not only was such an act an internationally illegal, cruel, and utterly evil act, but it would also shows stupidity to the point of insanity!

What is the difference in sending a missile to a public place to take out a criminal than say, Saddam Hussein rounding up a few dozen people who might know or have something to do with an assassination plot against him and killing them? In fact, that is essentially one of the charges constituting the U.S. orchestrated trial against Saddam Hussein. The big difference is that in this case Saddam didn’t bomb and burn and cripple and blind dozens of women and children.

If this brutal surprise attack on civilians in an allied nation was not a war crime, an act of murder and terrorism, then pray tell, what is?

How can any American wonder why people hate us, hate America? How can they wonder why they say we are a terrorist nation? How can we wonder why millions of people around the world are growing to hate Americans.

Fools like you and the war criminal President you support that will bring down terror and wrath upon the heads of innocent Americans.

You know, I am often accused by government leaders and by media hacks of being one of the most evil men in America for simply standing up to the Jewish extremist Neocons that have completely perverted our American government, yet I have never physically harmed another human being.

The fact that this evil terrorist attack in Pakistan could happen in the name of America, shocks me even though I have long realized how far removed America has become from our forefather’s vision.

The additional fact that there is not general outrage in our press about this incredible, murderous, terrorist act should also show almost any caring and thinking American how alien the American establishment has become from the once deep goodness of our once great land.

I love my country, the goodness of the people of America, and it does me no good to stand up and forcefully condemn these actions of criminals in the U.S. Government. But somebody has to raise their voice, and it might as well be a man that you in the media and government label as immoral and evil.

You are always seeking to condemn and immoralize* me as a former member of the Ku Klux Klan. Yet, by any comparison to your acts of evil and murder, I am white as the January snow outside my window.

God Save America!

David Duke

argentina.indymedia
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,231 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:36 am
oh boy... this one is going to be good.....
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:39 am
F4F,

If this had been done to the United States, it would be condemned as a horrible, morbid, terrorist attack on a civilian target. We would be whining and crying about the inhumanity of it all, and probably go decimate a couple of innocent countries that had nothing to do with the attack.

But since we did it, all is fine. After all, sh*t DOES happen!! We're so sorry, but don't think we won't do it again as soon as the opportunity presents itself. More CIA ineptitude and stupiity!!

If I were Pakistan, I'd send the U.S. a little message in return. Maybe a large incendiary device in a nice crowded church. Then I would apologize profusely and say "sh*t happens you know, we're sooo sorry!! We're fighting terrorism ya know, and ya just can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs"!!

I'm sure we would understand!!

Anon
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:40 am
i'm disappointed in Sen. McCain's comments. i thought he had more common sense; maybe he's trying to drum up support for another presidential bid.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:41 am
yitwail wrote:
i'm disappointed in Sen. McCain's comments. i thought he had more common sense; maybe he's trying to drum up support for another presidential bid.

I lost respect for McCain during the 2004 elections when he supported Bush!

Anon
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:46 am
The title presupposes that they had minds to begin with....
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
well, maybe W brings out the worst in people.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
whatever we need to do to keep people from getting their heads sawed off in our own country.....oops... just wanted to beat the inevitable rush....
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:56 am
Protests across Pakistan against the US for the air strike.

Bush is certainly a uniter.

And the US is a lot safer now too...........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:58 am
parados wrote:

I know . . . i sleep so much better at night . . .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 12:55 pm
Setanta wrote:
parados wrote:

I know . . . i sleep so much better at night . . .

You should -
With millions of Muslims protesting, who is building the bombs or planning the attacks? This is working out better than if it was planned.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 02:22 pm
protests are also an important part of the democratic process. Smile
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:48 pm
yitwail wrote:
protests are also an important part of the democratic process. Smile

So is looting. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 03:50 pm
Looting i think qualifies as a communist activity, at the lowest, most democratic level . . .

. . . redistribution of society's resources . . .
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:50 pm
I thought looting was trickle down economics...
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:14 pm
Bin Laden deputy skipped dinner, escaped death

January 16, 2006

Quote:

PESHAWAR, Pakistan-- Islamic groups vowed Monday to keep up their anti-American protests over a purported CIA airstrike that Pakistan says killed innocent civilians instead of the apparent target-- al-Qaida's No. 2 leader.

For the second straight day, thousands of Pakistanis poured into streets in cities across the country on Sunday chanting "Death to America" and demanding U.S. troops leave Afghanistan.

Protesters believe Friday's attack-- in which missiles struck a Pakistani village near the Afghan border-- was the work of U.S. forces in the neighboring country. The United States has 20,000 troops in Afghanistan searching for Taliban and al-Qaida, and Pakistan says it has not given the Americans permission to pursue their enemies across the border.

"There will be more ... bigger protests," said Shahid Shamsi, spokesman for an alliance of Islamic groups.

"Pakistani civilians, including children, were killed," he said. "Principles cannot be broken in the name of (fighting) terrorism."

Two Pakistani intelligence officials said Ayman al-Zawahri, Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant, had been invited to a dinner in the village to mark the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha but passed it up and sent some aides instead.

Investigators were trying to see if they were among at least 17 people killed the attack, which destroyed three houses in the Pashtun hamlet of Damadola, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

Pakistani officials have strongly condemned the strike, without directly blaming the United States. The United States hasn't confirmed the incident but Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said al-Qaida can't be treated "lightly."

Click on Link above to read entire article.

McCain defends Pakistan airstrike

Quote:
A leading Republican lawmaker has defended a purported US air strike on a Pakistani village that Islamabad says killed innocent civilians.

Senator John McCain said Americans regretted the loss of life in an attack that was apparently meant to kill Ayman al-Zawahri, al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant.

But "this war on terror has no boundaries", said McCain, who challenged US President George W Bush for the Republican nomination in 2000. "We have to go where these people are, and we have to take them out."

Anger has mounted in Pakistan over Friday's attack in the hamlet of Damadola, an ethnic Pashtun hamlet about 6 km from the border with Afghanistan. Islamic groups held nationwide protests today, with 10,000 people rallying in Karachi, Pakistan's biggest city, chanting "Death to America" and "Stop bombing against innocent people".

A senior Pakistani intelligence official said 12 bodies, including seven foreigners, had been taken from the village.

McCain said Americans "understand the anger people feel" in Pakistan, but the United States would continue to target al-Qaeda's top operatives in the region.

"The United States' priorities are to get rid of al-Qaeda, and this was an effort to do so," he said on the CBS TV program, Face the Nation. "I can't tell you that we wouldn't do the same thing again."

Counterterrorism officials in Washington have declined to comment on the air strike. A large number of al-Qaeda and Taliban combatants, including al-Zawahri and bin Laden, are believed to have taken refuge in the rugged mountains along on the Afghan-Pakistani border.

Many in Pakistan oppose Islamabad's participation in the US-led war against international terrorist groups, and there is increasing frustration over a recent series of suspected US attacks along the frontier aimed at militants.

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 05:19 pm
Our leaders have not lost their minds. Their actions and their consequences are well thought out and they proceed purposefully anf forcefully to pursue their agenda.

They have not lost their minds... they have lost their souls. Voluntarily and happily.
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 11:15 pm
Is it even remotely possible, REMOTELY, as in infinitesimal, that any apologist will show up on this thread?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 12:30 am
'It's a long and winding road...' Theme song for Sen. John McCain Presidential campaign..
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:03 am
http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/wmr1.jpg

Quote:
January 16, 2006 -- Why is John McCain so supportive of Bush and Cheney after being so viciously attacked by them in the 2000 campaign? The answer to this question may partially rest in Navy records detailing the events that took place on the USS Forrestal in "Yankee Station" in the Gulf of Tonkin at the end of July 1967. The neo-cons, who have had five years to examine every file within the Department of Defense, have likely accessed documents that could prove embarrassing to McCain, who was on board the USS Forrestal on July 29, 1967, and whose A-4 Skyhawk was struck by an air-to-ground Zuni missile that had misfired from an F-4 Phantom.

What have sealed Navy records given to the neo-cons to blackmail McCain? Plenty, according to eyewitness on the USS Forrestal.

According to an eyewitness to the Navy's worst fire disaster that killed 134 sailors and injured 62, McCain and the Forrestal's skipper, Capt. John K. Beling, were warned about the danger of using M-65 1000-lb. bombs manufactured in 1935, which were deemed too dangerous to use during World War II and, later, on B-52 bombers. The fire from the Zuni misfire resulted in the heavy 1000 pounders being knocked loose from the pylons of McCain's A-4, which were only designed to hold 500-pound bombs.

During the fighting of the fire and while VF-74 and VF-11 were still counting their dead, McCain was helicoptered off the Forrestal to the USS Oriskany, which suffered a major fire on October 27, 1966, that killed 44 sailors. In that event, thousand pound bombs were jettisoned away from the fire but the lessons of the Oriskany went unheeded by the Forrestal's officers, including McCain, who served with the VA-163 Saints on board the Oriskany when the fire on that vessel occurred. On October 26, 1967, McCain was shot down over North Vietnam during a bombing sortie from the Oriskany.

Continued...
0 Replies