Does one need to watch Fox News to know it's crap?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 10:49 am
I forgot about my Sunday morning viewing. I do watch CBS' Sunday Morning, with Charles Ozgood. The coverage of Bush and the Iraq situation makes me sick to my stomach, but the rest of the program is entertaining and often informative. After that, I sometimes watch the Meet the Press type of shows, but not always.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:05 am
One doesn't have to see Fox News to understand what it's all about.

You can smell it when you're within five channels of it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 11:58 am
Yeah, I think you'd have to see it to come to a valid opinion of it.

But it'd only take once.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 03:20 pm
So far I'm only dubbed an idiot once. I'm totally surprised.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 04:01 pm
Although I pretty much always agree with Edgar Blythe who also agrees with Edgar Blythe, and I certainly agree that Fox is slimy pond scum, I know that for sure because I have watched Fox. Not willingly. The Precors at the gym are aimed at it and most muscle builders there seem also to bristle with that poor, misused, should-be-given-a-rest American flag. In principle I agree of course with those who say you can't judge something without at least having an acquaintance with it. I am very much against what Fox advocates (no matter who says it): "Take our word for it." Yeah, right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 04:58 pm
The medium is the message - a thought that comes to mind reading your byline, tartarin. I forgot for certain who said that - wasn't mcCluhan or something the name?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 05:07 pm
EB -- I got blasted several times on Abuzz for needling people who depend on TV for their take on world events. Not going to start THAT again!

What does it mean when you go to a steak house in Austin and your steak comes back with a little plastic flag reading "The message is medium." University towns, well... What would McCluhan have thought...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 05:36 pm
Marshal McCluhan what'r ya doin'? if the medium is the massage try a little lower and in the near furture Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:12 pm
Speaking of ****, Fox News continues to indulge its fascination with U.S. military excrement. A considerable amount of the Fox gang's boisterous coverage of a raid on one of Saddam's palaces consisted of snickering references to U.S. troops planting their asses on the palace's gold-plated toilets.

I'm thinking that if we are serious about succeeding in our goal of becoming the most hated nation on the planet, broadcasting Fox News' unique brand of war coverage to the world should pretty much cinch the deal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:39 pm
I'm sold. Where do ya sign up to watch this Fox stuff?
0 Replies