Don't drink that tap water on an airplane

Anonymous

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 10:36 am
Hi Everyone:

Whatever you do, don't drink the water Smile Frankly, on an airplane, I stick to the scotch!

Anon
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 12:53 pm
A new thought occured to me: What if the water on cruise ships are tainted with the Norwalk virus? Trying to sanitaize the ship by cleaning the exteriors will do nothing to solve the problem, unless they sanitaize the water tanks and pipes. c.i.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 12:57 pm
ANON!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 03:08 pm
I live right by Cicerone. The tap water is quite good, in fact, they only recently floridated it, to the horror of the enviro types that tend to live in this area. Personally, my kids seem incapable of proper brushing so I'll take all the help I can get.

Most new refridgerators with water and ice through the door are equipped with high quality filters. If you live(d) in an area with bad tap water, what do you do for ice? Personally, as a cocktail kind of guy, I can't live without it.

Off the topic a bit, what is up with Europeans and refridgeration? I was watching Jamie Oliver (Naked Chef) and he goes to the butcher and they have all these chickens just laying there on the counter. Gross! They may be just killed fresh, but still...gross!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 03:28 pm
cjhsa, Not only do they have chickens on the counter, but I have also seen other meat products hanging on hooks in front of the shop. Many third world countries without refrigeration does the same. You kind of get used to it after seeing it so often. Many third world countries also have peanuts and other food stuff cooking with cow dung. I'll never get used to that! c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 03:44 pm
Hanging meats are one thing. Unrefridgerated poultry is another!Embarrassed
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 05:40 pm
Hi Little_K!

I love your suit :wink:

Still learning this interface, but it seems to have some fun stuff!

Anon
0 Replies