Looks Like I'll Be In DC Area For Next Few Months

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:08 pm
I thought I was going to be in Connecticut, but instead am taking a job in the DC area. (Actually Chantilly) I leave tomorrow and will, other than a few trips home, be there through April unless something changes.

Anyone in the area that would want to meet up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,858 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:15 pm
If you're leaving your husband behind, it would certainly be worth the air fare, methinks.

I shall now check flight availability from Heathrow.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:18 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
If you're leaving your husband behind, it would certainly be worth the air fare, methinks.

I shall now check flight availability from Heathrow.

you've never had much interaction with a bear in the wild have you?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:19 pm
OOPS!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:31 pm
Re: Looks Like I'll Be In DC Area For Next Few Months
squinney wrote:
I thought I was going to be in Connecticut, but instead am taking a job in the DC area. (Actually Chantilly) I leave tomorrow and will, other than a few trips home, be there through April unless something changes.

If the Bear thought it was hard recovering from last year's illness, wait until he finds out how hard it will be with you away from him, the Cubs, and the mutts.

Ever see a grown man cry 'cause he loves his woman?

BBB
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:49 pm
Wow! What's the story, if you don't mind sharing? Anything political? (That'd be great! Squinney for president!!!)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 01:04 pm
Oh, Boy! A Vote!

Uh, sorry, nothing that exciting. And, Bear already made me promise he wouldn't be getting any bail-me-out cause I went to a rally calls. I'll be too busy for that, anyway.

(Lookin' forward to seeing you, me Lord.)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 01:15 pm
There's a lot of money and prestige in lobbying these days and DC is the place to be to do it. :wink:

Congrats squinney.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 01:51 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
squinney wrote:

If the Bear thought it was hard recovering from last year's illness, wait until he finds out how hard it will be with you away from him, the Cubs, and the mutts.

BBB

If I cry it will be because I miss squinney but not because I'm incapable of taking care of the house kids and mutts. I've been a single parent before. hmmph!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 02:14 pm
Get a job in Albuquerque instead, and we'll do lunch.

You too, Bear.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 02:21 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
squinney wrote:

BBB

If I cry it will be because I miss squinney but not because I'm incapable of taking care of the house kids and mutts. I've been a single parent before. hmmph!

Bear, you misunderstood my comment. I was saying the missing would be by you, the Cubs and the Mutts, not that you couldn't handle everything in Squinney's absence.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 02:50 pm
BBB I ws just pulling your leg....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 03:05 pm
There is a lot to see in DC and many of the attractions are free. But if you get a yearning to get away from the city sometime, come on down to Charlottesville, about an hour and a half from Chantilly. Check out Monticello and THE University. Johnboy would be happy to take you to lunch.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 04:00 pm
Whoa. Wouldja lookit that? RJB & LordE are hittin' on Squinney, and Roger's tryin' to convert the Bears to Land'o'Enchantmentism.

<running for cover>
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 04:25 pm
well squinney headed out. The cubs are usually down by 10 so I have the strippers coming at 11.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:18 am
January to April is a long haul. Best wishes to both of you.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
Bear
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
BBB I ws just pulling your leg....

Well, stop it right now! I already have one leg a half inch longer due to a goofed up knee replacement surgery.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 05:35 pm
How are things going on the home front, bear?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 05:50 pm
J_B wrote:
How are things going on the home front, bear?

fine if by fine you mean the house hasn't fallen apart and meals, bedtimes, laundry etc. are ontime and the place is clean. But this **** sucks period. I hate it, and I don't want squinney to do it. F8ck the money. She's enjoying it though so that's that I suppose.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 05:53 pm
Bear
Bear, worth it if it helps the family to get back on its feet after your long illness?

How are the Speagle mutts doing?

BBB
0 Replies