Pray for the Iraqi People

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:07 am
We have a thread going for prayer for our troops. It was brought up that the Iraqi people also need prayer.

Please, let's keep the politics out of this thread. Let's dedicate it to the Iraqi people and the peace that we wish for all in this war.

I know everyone has very passionate feelings about this war. I understand that. This is something we should all be passionate about.

This thread is for praying for the Iraqi people in the midst of this war. There is a thread for our troops so let's keep this thread for the Iraqi people needing prayer and good wishes.

God, this war is so hard on everyone; children, families, friends, and loved ones. Please bring peace and comfort to the Iraqi people caught in this war. Whatever the reason they are in the midst of this Father, please guide them, comfort them and all those that love them. Keep them safe and their families together.

Lord, war is so hard for us to understand. No one wants killing and dying. Though we cannot understand the full impact this war has on any individual Lord, we ask that you give us all tolerance and understanding. We ask that you help us to keep everyone in mind that is in the middle of this war. We ask that you bring your grace and bring an end to this war Father. In Jesus' Holy Name we pray. Amen.

I would like to dedicate this thread to msolga for her compassion. Thank you msolga.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,565 • Replies: 67
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:41 am
Amen
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:35 pm
momma, you were asking on another thread why nobody that is all concerned about iraqi people there (on that thread) has posted here. well, i'll tell you why i haven't until you wrote that. i am tired of religion being stuffed anywhere i look. i have a feeling it will even be in my fridge when i open it.
you say, ignore the christian threads if you don't agree...and then you're miffed we're not posting in 'let's pray for iraqi people' thread.... ummm, why?

i feel mine, yours, nobody's prayer is going to do a whole lot for iraqi citizens. it's more useful to exert energy in direct efforts to help - write senators, donate to organizations working there, etc. it may feel good, but it don't do squat.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:45 pm
what did you do to bring peace to the world"
"I prayed for the victims"
"thank you my son, you are absolved of all responsiblity"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:45 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
momma, you were asking on another thread why nobody that is all concerned about iraqi people there (on that thread) has posted here. well, i'll tell you why i haven't until you wrote that. i am tired of religion being stuffed anywhere i look. i have a feeling it will even be in my fridge when i open it.
you say, ignore the christian threads if you don't agree...and then you're miffed we're not posting in 'let's pray for iraqi people' thread.... ummm, why?

i feel mine, yours, nobody's prayer is going to do a whole lot for iraqi citizens. it's more useful to exert energy in direct efforts to help - write senators, donate to organizations working there, etc. it may feel good, but it don't do squat.

dagmaraka,

I was actually speaking to the ones in the prayer for our troops thread that kept bringing up the fact that the Iraqi people were not being prayed for. I found it very curious that they would complain so much about it not being done in that other thread and even after I posted this link in that thread, they continued to post in that thread and not in this one.

I felt msolga (and others) made a very good point. I realize not all believe in prayer. But I do know that all can at least offer a word of encouragement for the Iraqi people.

I meant no disrespect dagmaraka. Quite the contrary, I wanted this thread to be non-political out of respect for the Iraqi people caught in the middle of this war.

I understand what you are saying about actually doing something in direct effort to help. I do. I just don't see anything wrong at all with offering words of encouragement from those that don't believe in prayer and prayer from those that do.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:51 pm
momma, please see my response on the troops thread. It applies here as well.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1780977#1780977
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:51 pm
Hey Lord, what's the deal for today? You know you keep wanting us to like you, well, actually you want us to love you and yet you keep letting innocents be killed and maimed in horrific ways. Why is that? I suppose there must be a lesson which we humans are supposed to be learning here but I have to tell you, all the bloodshed starts getting to be too much.

You know I've put this plea before you in the past Lord...how about just one solid day...you know an Earth length day of 24 hours with no death by guns or violence and no violence either. Maybe that's what us dimwitted people need. A day where we get to see how nice peace and calm are and then we'll want it all the time and will finally get our act together and put away our means of destruction...then maybe we can get going again on that world hunger mess.

Oh yeah, I know Lord...if we get to that point there won't be a purpose for us to live anymore in soul holders since we will have learned our lessons and learned them well. But come on, how about it? There are little children over in the area you used to be so nurturing of...down around the Tigris and Euphrates who could really use some help here before another one gets an arm blown off or sees their mom or dad or brother or sister or anyone else getting killed.
Sure it's a lot to ask for but something tells me you could do it so how about it?

Maybe just start with one of those war ravaged areas...a place like Iraq where the people have endured hellish tortures and deaths for decades now. Come on Lord, just a day where I can see the television news or open the paper and find out nobody got killed...at least for one day.

Please?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:10 pm
Sturgis wrote:
Hey Lord, what's the deal for today? You know you keep wanting us to like you, well, actually you want us to love you and yet you keep letting innocents be killed and maimed in horrific ways. Why is that? I suppose there must be a lesson which we humans are supposed to be learning here but I have to tell you, all the bloodshed starts getting to be too much.

You know I've put this plea before you in the past Lord...how about just one solid day...you know an Earth length day of 24 hours with no death by guns or violence and no violence either. Maybe that's what us dimwitted people need. A day where we get to see how nice peace and calm are and then we'll want it all the time and will finally get our act together and put away our means of destruction...then maybe we can get going again on that world hunger mess.

Oh yeah, I know Lord...if we get to that point there won't be a purpose for us to live anymore in soul holders since we will have learned our lessons and learned them well. But come on, how about it? There are little children over in the area you used to be so nurturing of...down around the Tigris and Euphrates who could really use some help here before another one gets an arm blown off or sees their mom or dad or brother or sister or anyone else getting killed.
Sure it's a lot to ask for but something tells me you could do it so how about it?

Maybe just start with one of those war ravaged areas...a place like Iraq where the people have endured hellish tortures and deaths for decades now. Come on Lord, just a day where I can see the television news or open the paper and find out nobody got killed...at least for one day.

Please?

sturgis,

Thank you. Those words actually brought tears to my eyes. How very honest and compassionate. I think you just spoke for many. Bless you.http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000060.gif
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:15 pm
Far as I can tell, the Lord doesn't intervene much in the havoc we humans wreak here on earth. That seems to be the historical pattern, anyhow...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
Lord, again today, we ask that you be with the Iraqi people. Guide them, comfort them, bring peace to them Father. In Jesus' Holy Name, amen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 06:48 pm
Lord, please comfort all the Iraqi people that are caught in the middle of this devastating war. Grant them peace and comfort. Help the children to be reunited with loved ones. For all those losing parents and family, please Lord, let them find new homes that will give them the love they need and deserve. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:10 pm
Lord, we ask again today that the Iraqi people will find peace and comfort in this time of war. Please be with the children that are frightened and not understanding what is going on around them. Please send your angels to be with these people in the middle of this war. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:45 am
Lord, we come to you today asking for grace and peace for the Iraqi people. Guide them, comfort them. Please bring peace upon them. Reunite the families separated by this war. Please heal the hearts of those which have been wounded by its devastation. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:25 pm
Oh lord, we ask you this day that you expel the hostile invaders from iraq, give its land back to its people and help them in overcoming the tyranny of your followers, Ramen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 11:55 am
Lord today we come before you asking for peace for the Iraqi people. We ask that whether they be civilian or troop, you guide them, comfort them, and grant them understanding. Love them Lord. Please let us all see what it is that You want us to see and not just what some or all of us want to see. Let the truth shine through. Let your love and mercy shine upon the land. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 02:38 pm
Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster,
It has occurred to me that I am completely useless at creating prayers, so instead I'm writing this post as a prayer for the Iraqi people.

As much as we'd all have liked it if the Western powers had paid attention to Lawrence of Arabia's suggestions of how to carve nations into the Middle East, instead of putting tribes who hate each other into the same country, we all know that going back into time to change things is impossible or at least won't affect us nor the current Iraqi people in any way.

As if Winston Churchill ordering the Kurds in Iraq to be gassed and bombing them because they wouldn't follow his will wasn't enough, somehow the US helped Saddam do exactly the same thing.

It is clear the Western powers really shouldn't be sticking their noses into this region, because clearly somebody isn't learning from history.

May your noodly appendages find some way to help the poor, suffering Iraqi people. Also, if you could find some way of helping out the Palestinian people, the Saudis, the innocent Israelis that are willing to work meet halfway, the Iranians, the Pakistanis who still don't have decent shelters after that horrific earthquake, the Egyptians, the Indonesians, the innocent people in Guantanamo Bay (i.e. not the guilty ones) and that berk down the road (so help me, if he cranks up the volume of his radio to antisocially loud volumes again I'll beat the bejesus out of him!), that would be nice.

Seriously, though, help the people of the Middle East and all those countries that are still suffering from the errors made in the first half of the Twentieth Century. I'm not kidding.

Ramen.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 02:41 pm
No, seriously. I'm not kidding. Help the Iraqi people and everyone else mentioned in my above post.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster,
It has occurred to me that I am completely useless at creating prayers, so instead I'm writing this post as a prayer for the Iraqi people.

As much as we'd all have liked it if the Western powers had paid attention to Lawrence of Arabia's suggestions of how to carve nations into the Middle East, instead of putting tribes who hate each other into the same country, we all know that going back into time to change things is impossible or at least won't affect us nor the current Iraqi people in any way.

As if Winston Churchill ordering the Kurds in Iraq to be gassed and bombing them because they wouldn't follow his will wasn't enough, somehow the US helped Saddam do exactly the same thing.

It is clear the Western powers really shouldn't be sticking their noses into this region, because clearly somebody isn't learning from history.

May your noodly appendages find some way to help the poor, suffering Iraqi people. Also, if you could find some way of helping out the Palestinian people, the Saudis, the innocent Israelis that are willing to work meet halfway, the Iranians, the Pakistanis who still don't have decent shelters after that horrific earthquake, the Egyptians, the Indonesians, the innocent people in Guantanamo Bay (i.e. not the guilty ones) and that berk down the road (so help me, if he cranks up the volume of his radio to antisocially loud volumes again I'll beat the bejesus out of him!), that would be nice.

Seriously, though, help the people of the Middle East and all those countries that are still suffering from the errors made in the first half of the Twentieth Century. I'm not kidding.

Ramen.

Ramen, brother -- and hallelujah!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 11:04 am
Lord, we come before you today asking for peace for the Iraqi people. Guide them and comfort them. Please be with the children and bring them comfort. As we go about our day, let us remember the children and pray for comfort for them. Bring peace across the nation. Grant understanding to all of us so that we can learn to treat each other the way your Son taught us we should do. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Good Morning, Setanta.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 10:49 am
Lord today we ask for your peace to fall upon the land. Reunite the children with their families. Comfort the hearts of those that are hurting. Grant understanding to us all. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Did you have a good weekend, Setanta?
0 Replies