Pray for the Iraqi People

Mahealani

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:37 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
You are making the assumption that I don't do anything other than pray. Crying or Very sad

No, Momma, I was making no such assumption. You wrote something about how prayer makes you feel, it struck a chord with me and I felt compelled to share my experience and my personal view on the usefulness of prayer. Nothing more and nothing less.

If you are actually doing something for the Iraqi people beside praying for them, I'm glad.

M
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:42 pm
Mahealani,

I am sorry if I took what you posted in the wrong way. Embarrassed It's been one of those days. I can't seem to get the right words out or the right meaning from what others are posting. Guess I just need some sleep.
0 Replies

Mahealani

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:57 pm
No problem, Momma...we all have days like that.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:25 am
Does anybody want to make a non-Christian prayer that isn't from a made-up religion?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 09:00 am
Wolf,

I certainly have no problem with that request. But, I am going to go ahead and post my daily one too.

Lord please bring peace upon the Iraqi people and their land. Guide them in wisdom, give them understanding. Comfort them in their time of sorrow. In Jesus' name. Amen
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:46 am
Lord, today we come to you asking for peace for the Iraqi people. Please bring peace upon their hearts and peace upon their land. Comfort them in their times of woe and ease their pain. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 09:55 am
Lord, we are asking today for peace for the Iraqi people. Please comfort them and guide them. Let love spread throughout their nation. Let no one be harmed in the war today, Lord. Let today be a day of peace in the middle of this devastating war. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 03:22 pm
Lord, we are coming before you today asking that you would bring peace upon the Iraqi people. Grant them your comfort Lord. Let your love surround them. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:54 am
Lord we come to you today asking for peace for the Iraqi people. Please comfort them in their time of sorrow, Lord. Be with the children and give them hope. Guide everyone to your understanding love. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen
0 Replies

Iraq11

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:07 am
I thank you Momma Angel for this thread. Indeed, the Iraqi people need prayers to have peace in their land after years of conflict and embargo.
Here is mine:

"
All praise be to Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon His Messenger Muhammad.

Allah, help the Iraqi people and bring peace to their land
Allah, no peace can be achieved in Iraq except with the departure of the american invading troops, so help us expel them
Allah, the invaders have wiped out the Martyr city of Fallujah, the evil occupiers used their weapons to kill innocent women and children
Allah, we have no doubt on the outcome of the glorious battles in Iraq, Islam will win over falsehood
AllahAllah, help your soldiers in Iraq against satan's soldiers
Allah, make firm the Mujahideen feet; Allah, guide their aim; Allah, join them on the word of clear truth.
Amen.

Glory to thy Lord, the Lord of Honour and Power! (He is free) from what they ascribe (to Him)!
And Peace on the apostles.
And Praise to Allah, the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds.
"
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:03 am
Looks like Allah and God are duking it out...sorta like Super Bowl XL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:39 am
Lord, we come to you today asking for peace to fall upon the hearts and land of the Iraqi people. We ask that their nation be restored, that their broken lives, hearts, and families are mended. Please keep them safe in your protection this day. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Iraqi11,

You are more than welcome. Peace to you and yours.

panzade,

Tsk! Tsk! There is no duking it out in a prayer thread! Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 01:06 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

panzade,

Tsk! Tsk! There is no duking it out in a prayer thread! Laughing [/b][/color]

That reminds me of the line from "Dr. Strangelove" re the War Room, but I'll leave it at that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 10:15 am
Lord, grant peace to the Iraqi people today. Comfort them and guide them. Keep them safe. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:27 am
Dear Father in Heaven, please bring peace to the Iraqi people. Please comfort them in this terrible time of their lives. Please shine your light on their lives and bring peace and understanding to all. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 12:29 am
Random Thought:

There is no shame in being who you are... as long as you are happy with it yourself...

see next thread for the continued conversation with myself...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 09:54 am
Lord, please keep every single person involved in this war safe today. Let no harm come to anyone. Let a smile fall across the faces of each and everyone. Let the sun shine on them and bring them peace. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:22 am
and yeah jesus while you're on the line could you do something nice for all the children in american that were sexually assaulted yesterday.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:42 am
dys- And what about the folks who have lost their jobs, the ones who have miserable spouses, kids, inlaws, and various and sundry other relatives? And what about the people who are addicted to gambling, drugs, alcohol, sex, online forums, video games, and overeating?

Let's not forget the people whose cars won't start, whose boss is an SOB, and whose cakes fall flat in the oven?

While he is at it, why doesn't he look out for everybody (but only the ones who believe in him, the others don't count!)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:43 am
You too, Phoenix? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies