In all honesty

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:51 pm
Re: In all honesty
dyslexia wrote:
In all honesty I do fear the christianization of a2k will lead to the crucification of a2k. I don't see resurrection as a potential.

It's gotten particularly bad since abuzz died.
0 Replies

Prospero

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:55 pm
sozobe wrote:
http://www.exzooberance.com/virtual%20zoo/they%20walk/peccary/Peccary%20471054.jpg

Oh my!

What may this strange beast portend?

Is it a peccary of peccadilloes?

A boar of boredom?

A poke at piggish behaviour?

A swine of the times?

I wonder if Sozobe may return and enlighten us as to her gnomic utterance?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:09 pm
J_B wrote:
Chai, how many times have you heard Christians rail amongst themselves as to who gets to be a true Christian? Are Catholics allowed? JWs? Baptists only?

I was a member of a forum once that got so absurd with Christians bashing each other that individual denominational forums were established so that like-minded people could talk to themselves and bash the others. I don't think a Christianity only forum is the answer.

I don't think you will find that it is Christians railing amongst themselves. regardless of their denomination or religious affiliations. The railings seem to come from the naysayers who do not, apparently, have any religious convictions. Just an observation.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:10 pm
Quote:

The railings seem to come from the naysayers who do not, apparently, have any religious convictions. Just an observation.

Would you not say that the conviction of religion itself is a sort of religious conviction?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 06:59 am
I do agree that if a2k were to become a church it would be hard to attract anyone else.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:20 am
Intrepid wrote:
I don't think you will find that it is Christians railing amongst themselves. regardless of their denomination or religious affiliations. The railings seem to come from the naysayers who do not, apparently, have any religious convictions. Just an observation.

I see . . . so that accounts for a thread which inquires into the difference between real christians and Jehovah's Witnesses, eh? Does that account for the frequent contention that Catholics are not christians? Does that account for the frequent contention that Islam is an evil doctrine, and not a true religion?

Whited sepulchres, full of rotting flesh and dead men's bones . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:21 am
I have reported the image posted by Husker, which i consider to have been a personal attack on the author of this thread. Husker seems to be demonstrating his sense of christian charity all over the place.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:33 am
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I see . . . so that accounts for a thread which inquires into the difference between real christians and Jehovah's Witnesses, eh? Does that account for the frequent contention that Catholics are not christians? Does that account for the frequent contention that Islam is an evil doctrine, and not a true religion?

Whited sepulchres, full of rotting flesh and dead men's bones . . .

You mean the thread asking the difference between pure Christians and Jehovah witness? The one that has most of the postings from the non-religious, including a post from you talking about hot sauce? I did not see any railings...discussion is what I saw from Christians and Jehovah witnesses. Sure were a lot of posts in there from the non-religious. I haven't seen the ones about Catholics not being christian... Was that by a Christian? It seems that those against Islam would have a different agenda than purely religious. My contention still holds.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:20 am
Why does it really matter who posts what? If you don't like it, ignore it..... If you have an opinion about it, reply....

It's that simple.....

"Don't sweat the small stuff" is what my mother always told me

If you don't want the "christians" to take over a2k, then don't let them know they are getting a rise out of you... Once they feel they can no longer get their point across then they too will get bored with the site

Retaliating at the with other threads isn't going to solve this problem, it will only make it worse, at least that is my opinion....

But if your threads went from one page to 3 in 20 seconds then you'd prolly stay here.... but if you no longer got the heated responses you were looking for, you'd prolly leave...

I don't know if I am making any sense... remember I am crazy...

and I am not a christian either if that helps in anyway lol... I am agnostic... So there is no religious view in any of my opinions
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:26 am
Intrepid wrote:
Did you know that a blessing is an increase? It is not beneficial to say bless you when someone sneezes.

In olden times it was thought that the devil could enter your soul during the moment you sneezed...thereby the "Bless You" :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:47 am
I always thought a sneeze was a mini orgasm.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:48 am
dyslexia wrote:
I always thought a sneeze was a mini orgasm.

I heard that before... is it true??
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:49 am
if it is true and bless you keeps things going or whatever you were saying, then wouldn't saying bless you keep your mini orgasm going??

:-D
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:50 am
Intrepid wrote:
My contention still holds.

Your contention is still horsie poop, too. Once again, the insidious suggestion that those who don't buy your imaginary friend superstition have no right to comment on the deplorable hypocricy of christians. Read your own text, you make a distinction between Catholics and Christians, yourself. You consider it plausible that Jehovah's Witnesses can be described as not being "pure" christians ? ! ? ! ?

The stench of hypcricy is really cloying in here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:56 am
The sneeze superstition actually derives from the belief common among ancient Greeks that a sneeze was a sign from Zeus.

This site is now a little more than three years old. From the beginning, Frank was down on the imaginary friend crowd with far more vigor and rancor than anyone posting here now. This site is also full of self-professed christians who have never, apparently, taken offense to that--at all events, they did not attack Frank for it.

However, since the arrival of one particular member--and it appears this member is bringing in other idiots of the same stripe--things have rapidly gone down hill. We even have the spectre of Husker, an original member, and another AFUZZ refugee as so many of us are, making nasty personal remarks about me and about Dys--and Husker has always been one of the most easy-going members at this site.

I blame one member in particular. I also continue to assert that no one here gets a free ride--if you post crap, you're going to be told it's crap. And if you have a bunch of mealy-mouthed, hypocritical holy rollers posting religious crap, and ignoring the scripture injunction to keep prayer and worship to themselves--they're gonna get called on that. Boo hoo for the imaginary friend crowd.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:01 am
Intrepid wrote:
J_B wrote:
Chai, how many times have you heard Christians rail amongst themselves as to who gets to be a true Christian? Are Catholics allowed? JWs? Baptists only?

I was a member of a forum once that got so absurd with Christians bashing each other that individual denominational forums were established so that like-minded people could talk to themselves and bash the others. I don't think a Christianity only forum is the answer.

Good morning, Intrepid. I clearly shared my experience on another forum and suggested the possibility of such a thing happening on any Christian only forum. I did not say that the self-proclaimed Christians on A2K have been railing amongst themselves, only that it is a typical scenario and could/would likely happen here as well.

What I HAVE seen on A2K is the over generalization of "what Christians believe" and who the "real Christians" are. I prefer not to post links because they tend to come from a single poster but it galls me when an individual claims to be the moral authority on who can and can't be a true Christian and yes, that is already occurring on A2K.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:04 am
Setanta wrote:
I have reported the image posted by Husker, which i consider to have been a personal attack on the author of this thread. Husker seems to be demonstrating his sense of christian charity all over the place.

your wrong - nothing to do with my friend Dys
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:12 am
The only way to kell 'em is with kindness... don't feed the Christian trolls.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:22 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
As I remember (and that is saying a lot, considering my advanced age), it was not Christians who did in Abuzz, but those with delusions of being someone else. At least on A2K, the lines are strongly drawn, and everyone knows who is whom.

Believe it or not, I still say, "gesundheit" when someone sneezes. Must have something to do with genetic memory! Laughing

I prefer to say "you're soooo good looking," instead of a "God bless you."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:14 pm
I usually say: "Jesus H. Christ ! ! ! Cover yer mouth ! ! !"
0 Replies