In all honesty

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:51 am
sorry soz, that'snot what I meant, I was not an abuzzer but I have read where a few peeps began to dominate the forum ultimately resulting in its demise. Perhaps I misunderstand, I didn't mean to imply that the problem was with christians.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:53 am
As I remember (and that is saying a lot, considering my advanced age), it was not Christians who did in Abuzz, but those with delusions of being someone else. At least on A2K, the lines are strongly drawn, and everyone knows who is whom.

Believe it or not, I still say, "gesundheit" when someone sneezes. Must have something to do with genetic memory! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:59 am
Cough..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:03 am
I think the core problem was just plain the dotcom bubble going poof and the money drying up and the moderators (at Abuzz) going bye-bye. Huge site + no moderators = chaos.

(I thought you were an Abuzzer, dys! I'm definitely confused about that stuff now, though, so many old-timers* here who never set foot on Abuzz. That's cool.)

*Forum age, not real age, don't go taking umbrage. :-D
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:34 am
Dys
If an idiot tried to destroy A2K, there wouldn't be much left of their carcass when the membership got through with them for the A2K Moderators to pick on. We are a tough bunch when riled to defend our community.

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:53 am
hmmmm, thinking....

Without looking at particular threads, it seems that 99% of what goes on in the S&R Forum are 2 groups of people negating what the other has to say.

If only the christian faction were posting on that forum, it would seem they would almost immediatley run out of things to say to each other.

Now:

Yes there is....No there isn't
Yes there is....No there isn't

ad nauseum

If only Christians participated:

I'm a Chrisitan....so am I
I believe in the Bible....so do I
We believe the same things.....uh, yes we do
ummmm..........ahem......

I haven't really noticed any Christians actually discussing amongst themselves interpretations or anything.

My main complaint, which I've voiced often, is that I can't get a straight answer on there.

I would think if I had a question about voodoo, or snake handlers, I should be able to ask, get a straight answer, and be done with it.

I've asked questions re christianity, and just get the runaround.

Why not just create another forum specifically called Christianity?

That way, they can all go there and do whatever they do to their hearts content.
However, it can be dragged into other forums.

Make Sprirituality and Relegion a different forum called S&R Other Than Christian.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:59 am
Some of the usual suspects in S & R now complain that the majority of threads are created by the non-religious--as though it were their special playground, to which no one else ought to be admitted. And that's just what it is for them, a playground--a venue for their childish exegesis and their playground insults.

I don't think they endanger the existence of the site, but they do threaten to drag down the quality.

However, one can play their own game with them . . . ignoring anything which they "contribute" which they obviously consider substantive, and giving them the same mindless responses they enjoy exchanging with one another . . .

Dog bless you Chai . . . Dog bless your huge peccaries . . . May the Celestial Leg Humper never neglect your gams . . .

Dog bless you . . .

Ramen . . .
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:59 am
dyslexia wrote:
well, as I attempted to state in the opening post, my concern is not what or whom posts on ANY topic religious/political or PETA but that I am concerned that the current trend might acutally result in the demise of a viable forum that a2k has become (which I understand occured with abuzz) I have developed a fondness for many posters and have learned much on a variety of topics and I hate to think of losing this.

This forum will not go the way of Abuzz if I have anything to say about it (and I sure as hell do).
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:00 am
Chai, how many times have you heard Christians rail amongst themselves as to who gets to be a true Christian? Are Catholics allowed? JWs? Baptists only?

I was a member of a forum once that got so absurd with Christians bashing each other that individual denominational forums were established so that like-minded people could talk to themselves and bash the others. I don't think a Christianity only forum is the answer.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:15 am
Good Point J_B

but at the very least, they'd be railing amongst each other.

That'd be kinda interesting to watch actually.

Now, it such polarized bashing.

I'd be interested in seeing a Southern Baptist have it out with a evangelical tongue speaker.

I'd sit back with a moon pie and sweet tea and watch.
Or maybe a calzone and a coke, I'm not sure.

Maybe a knish with a nice glass tea?

Huge Peccaries?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:18 am
http://www.exzooberance.com/virtual%20zoo/they%20walk/peccary/Peccary%20471054.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:18 am
Big bazooms, Bitch Queen (meant only in the sense of the desired of His Heavenly Doggieness) . . .

Dog bless you . . .

Ho Hum . . .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Soz?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:24 am
god that is a great picture soz....

love the fully distended nostrils

CWAAAAA.
CWWAAAAAAAAAA.
CCCWAAAAA

KAFF KAFF, SNORT
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:26 am
Laughing and great peccaries

no, wait, it is a peccary
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:31 am
i wouldn't be so worried. all those new 'god bless you' posters look suspiciously alike. they are probably just one person who may already function on a2k under yet another name. this, too, shall pass, like noddy says.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:40 am
ok, just this comment, I have gained much from a2k and have established, what I hope to be, lasting friendships. I would regret losing that.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:40 pm
http://www.jbarstenbergranch.com/images/Butt.jpg
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:48 pm
I think if there was an only Christian forum, alot of the nonbelievers would still be there.
0 Replies

Prospero

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:50 pm
dyslexia wrote:
ok, just this comment, I have gained much from a2k and have established, what I hope to be, lasting friendships. I would regret losing that.

Surely it may be possible to ignore a great deal of this strange religious fervour which I observe to have gripped the site of late?
0 Replies