In all honesty

Lash

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:02 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Lash wrote:
In a clear departure from the posts when I DO mean to be an ass, I'm trying not to when I say, "Wouldn't it solve your problem to simply avoid the Christian threads?"

Really.

I don't feel that I should have to avoid anything on A2K, and I certainly don't like the idea of having to hold back on my comments while I'm perusing the place.
IMO, some threads are informative, some are silly, some are annoying. I like to read them all, otherwise I may be missing out on something.

The "bless you" threads fit two of the above categories, IMO. That's if I am allowed an opinion, of course.

I do hope you'll do me the courtesy of allowing me to remind you et al, that I didn't suggest you "should have to avoid" them--but there have been some threads I've found uninteresting, and I just choose to avoid them, rather than tell everyone how much I don't like the subject matter.

It is a valid option.

Don't they have the same right to bore some people as non-Christians have to bore other people?

I'm just sayin....
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:45 pm
Lash wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Lash wrote:
In a clear departure from the posts when I DO mean to be an ass, I'm trying not to when I say, "Wouldn't it solve your problem to simply avoid the Christian threads?"

Really.

I don't feel that I should have to avoid anything on A2K, and I certainly don't like the idea of having to hold back on my comments while I'm perusing the place.
IMO, some threads are informative, some are silly, some are annoying. I like to read them all, otherwise I may be missing out on something.

The "bless you" threads fit two of the above categories, IMO. That's if I am allowed an opinion, of course.

I do hope you'll do me the courtesy of allowing me to remind you et al, that I didn't suggest you "should have to avoid" them--but there have been some threads I've found uninteresting, and I just choose to avoid them, rather than tell everyone how much I don't like the subject matter.

It is a valid option.

Don't they have the same right to bore some people as non-Christians have to bore other people?

I'm just sayin....

God bless you, Lash.

You so often say what I'm thinking.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:49 pm
Here we go.....the sneezing has started.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:52 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Here we go.....the sneezing has started.

I pray that God can soften your heart and Bless that darn Lash for wording that reply very well.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:53 pm
In all honesty, I agree with Husker
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:05 am
Ahhh-tissue. sniff sniff.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:48 am
Lash has got it together.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:03 am
Oh dear.

GEZUNDHEIT!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 05:49 am
Second verse, same as the first . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 05:54 am
Verse or worse?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 06:05 am
Dog Bless You my godless chilren . . .

May Dog lift His Mighty Leg and pee on all the mealy-mouthed christian hypocrits who blight this site . . .

Ramen
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 06:23 am
Holy f**k there's christians everywere. Were are they all coming from.

Can we get an exercism or call some sort of piper?

It's like a zombie movie. I'm out of here. Good luck with A2C.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 06:56 am
We CAN eschew their threads, and let them revel amidst each other.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 07:58 am
But what fun would that be dlowan?

With all the talking going on and nothing new happenin' in the streets....it's obvious a lot of lip service is goin' on. Pisses me right off. The whole "I'm a Christian, you're a Christian, la-la-la-la-la" crap" that has been going on lately is a little bizarre.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:01 am
The intermittantly invisible kitty is right . . . more than a little bizarre . . .

Dog bless you, vile kitty . . .

Ramen . . .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:06 am
Thank you...thank you...

RAMEN!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:23 am
heeheeheee

you said lip service
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:31 am
Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:41 am
well, as I attempted to state in the opening post, my concern is not what or whom posts on ANY topic religious/political or PETA but that I am concerned that the current trend might acutally result in the demise of a viable forum that a2k has become (which I understand occured with abuzz) I have developed a fondness for many posters and have learned much on a variety of topics and I hate to think of losing this.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:43 am
Christians did in Abuzz?

This is a veritable Rashomon, I tell ya...
0 Replies