lets pray for our troops

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:15 am
Anon-Vote,

The topic of this thread is Let's Pray for Our Troops.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:18 am
msolga,

I wasn't trying to be funny or anything. I wold honestly like to hear your specifics. There are some things some might find extreme that others don't. I was just looking for some clarification.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:22 am
husker wrote:
msolga wrote:
husker wrote:
msolga no one shoved anything down anyone's throat on this topic to warrant the actions

What "actions"?

flagrant disruption and taking a topic offtopic and intimidation

But did you sincerely expect anyone here to be involved in a prayer gathering? What on earth did the poster expect? This is not a fundamentalist church, or forum. Of course people thought the thread was silly! Why should they treat it with reverence?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:26 am
msolga,

Isn't the point of the title of a thread to draw people to the thread? Isn't it up to the reader to decide if they want to be part of what the original poster posts?

May I ask you, why did you come to this thread if you didn't like (not sure of the right word here) the premise of the thread? I am sincerely asking because I just don't understand why you would if you don't want to be engaged in religious discussions and prayer is obviously religious.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:27 am
Have you never started a silly thread? Have none of the posters that came into this one to make light of a new member never post a silly thread? There are threads that I find offensive. Know what? I don't go in or read all the posts if I don't want to. That way, I don't feel anything is being shoved down me throat. Common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:29 am
intimidation is a new matra
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:35 am
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga,

I wasn't trying to be funny or anything. I wold honestly like to hear your specifics. There are some things some might find extreme that others don't. I was just looking for some clarification.

<sigh>

MA, in a nutshell (& I speak for myself, not other A2K members) I find this shoving of the most simplistic versions of "religion" a downright turn-off. And I like A2K! I've been here almost since the start. I simply don't appreciate this bombardment of simplistic Christianity down the throats of users of this forum. (For the record, I have no problem at all with common, everyday, compassionate Christians who want to make the world a better, fairer & more compassionate place. In fact I like them! Smile )
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:36 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Vote,

Here's somereading for you Momma!

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/seshen/68415.html

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:40 am
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga,Isn't the point of the title of a thread to draw people to the thread?

It's not just this thread! It's all the endless, sanctimonious, boring, tedious, silly religious threads I'm reacting to!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:43 am
One man's silly is another man's comfort
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:45 am
Intrepid wrote:
Have you never started a silly thread?

Yeah, but I knew it was a silly thread!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:48 am
Respectfully... then why did you start it? Didn't you consider that some may find it silly and obnoxious? Was the intent to shock, mystify, confuse, challenge, amuse etc.? I have seen many of the religious threads that are silly... some started by Christians and many by others.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:49 am
msolga wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga,Isn't the point of the title of a thread to draw people to the thread?

It's not just this thread! It's all the endless, sanctimonious, boring, tedious, silly religious threads I'm reacting to!

msolga,

Again, no offense intended, but this is the Spirituality & Religion Forum. What would you expect to read?

msolga, I am often told if I don't like what posters post then I don't need to read them. I am very sorry that this is bothering you in any way.[/b]
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:51 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Vote,

And while you pray for the troops Momma, the Pentagon makes it easier to main and kill them !! Instead of "praying for the troops", maybe you should cough up the $260 it costs for a suit of body armor that will work much better!!

Marines Without Armor

Quote:
A secret Defense Department study reveals that more extensive armor, of a kind available since 2003, could have saved the lives of some 80 percent of the marines killed by upper body wounds in Iraq between 2003 and 2005. That amounts to scores of needlessly lost lives - hundreds if Army deaths attributable to inadequate armor are counted as well. The ceramic armor plates in question cost about $260 a set.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/08/opinion/08sun2.html

Anon
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:53 am
husker wrote:
lemme ask you guys is this a form of intimidation by the way you are posting?
sincerely

No.

It is much kinder than garlic, stakes in the heart, and silver bullets.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:54 am
Just another thought on this being a silly thread. I am not an American and this thread seems to be a plea to pray for the American troops.

I do not agree with the war that they are in, but those folks are doing a job that they are required do because it is their job.

What is wrong with praying for them? Just because I do not like their war, I pray for them as I do for all who are in conflict.

Is praying for those in conflict and harm's way shoving religion down anybody's throat?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:55 am
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga wrote:
husker wrote:
sincerely

No, husker, & I speak solely for myself here: This influx of dubious religious zealots is decidely less than welcome here. A2K attempts to be an intelligent, rational discussion forum. This is not some convenient outlet for folk with interesting religious beliefs. Rolling Eyes I doubt they'll make too many converts here & for the rest of us, well ... it's tedious & sometimes offensive having the board jammed with this nonsense.

No offense, msolga, but wouldn't the thing to do be to ignore those you call zealots? Afterall, everyone has the same right to post on A2K, don't they? And in the Spirtuality & Religion Forum I think it would be rather logical and reasonable to assume that there will be religious folks posting here. I have been told by those not religious that I should expect them to post. :wink:

Yes.

We all have the same right to post.

And, if you don't want your idiocies challenged then go post somewhere where everyone believes as you do.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:56 am
msolga wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga,

<sigh>

MA, in a nutshell (& I speak for myself, not other A2K members) I find this shoving of the most simplistic versions of "religion" a downright turn-off. And I like A2K! I've been here almost since the start. I simply don't appreciate this bombardment of simplistic Christianity down the throats of users of this forum. (For the record, I have no problem at all with common, everyday, compassionate Christians who want to make the world a better, fairer & more compassionate place. In fact I like them! Smile )

Ms. Olga,

You're not the only one tired of the daily tripe. I've told Momma about "anti-Christian backlash". I am looking forward to it becoming a nationwide backlash. It's time to put religion back in the church where it belongs.

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:57 am
dlowan wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga wrote:
husker wrote:
sincerely

No, husker, & I speak solely for myself here: This influx of dubious religious zealots is decidely less than welcome here. A2K attempts to be an intelligent, rational discussion forum. This is not some convenient outlet for folk with interesting religious beliefs. Rolling Eyes I doubt they'll make too many converts here & for the rest of us, well ... it's tedious & sometimes offensive having the board jammed with this nonsense.

No offense, msolga, but wouldn't the thing to do be to ignore those you call zealots? Afterall, everyone has the same right to post on A2K, don't they? And in the Spirtuality & Religion Forum I think it would be rather logical and reasonable to assume that there will be religious folks posting here. I have been told by those not religious that I should expect them to post. :wink:

Yes.

We all have the same right to post.

And, if you don't want your idiocies challenged then go post somewhere where everyone believes as you do.

dlowan,

I am not complaining about these posts being challenged. I am merely asking msolga for clarification on why she seems to be upset about this.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:58 am
and perhaps it is time to take bigotry off the streets
0 Replies