lets pray for our troops

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:41 am
msolga wrote:
husker wrote:
lemme ask you guys is this a form of intimidation by the way you are posting?
sincerely

No, husker, & I speak solely for myself here: This influx of dubious religious zealots is decidely less than welcome here. A2K attempts to be an intelligent, rational discussion forum. This is not some convenient outlet for folk with interesting religious beliefs. Rolling Eyes I doubt they'll make too many converts here & for the rest of us, well ... it's tedious & sometimes offensive having the board jammed with this nonsense.

No offense, msolga, but wouldn't the thing to do be to ignore those you call zealots? Afterall, everyone has the same right to post on A2K, don't they? And in the Spirtuality & Religion Forum I think it would be rather logical and reasonable to assume that there will be religious folks posting here. I have been told by those not religious that I should expect them to post. :wink:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:41 am
msolga wrote:
husker wrote:
lemme ask you guys is this a form of intimidation by the way you are posting?
sincerely

No, husker, & I speak solely for myself here: This influx of dubious religious zealots is decidely less than welcome here. A2K attempts to be an intelligent, rational discussion forum. This is not some convenient outlet for folk with interesting religious beliefs. Rolling Eyes I doubt they'll make too many converts here & for the rest of us, well ... it's tedious & sometimes offensive having the board jammed with this nonsense.

so that give you the right to come in on someone's topic that they have sincere hopes and squash it as a gang of rebels

I would say that might be against TOS
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:49 am
Everyone has the opportunity to go into a thread or stay out of a thread. The choice is theirs.

Nobody can impose anything on somebody that is not there. If one chooses to go into a thread, they should be prepared for whatever is in that thread. The very fact that there is a Religious & Spirituality forum should tell people that there will be religious discussion.

To read that people of specific leanings are not welcome on an open forum is just another form of prejudice.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:53 am
Sorry, guys, I'm not too impressed by any sudden, big influx of folk from out of nowhere preaching any variety of extreme political or religious views. Is it a missionary thing, or something? If it is, I suspect that far more folk are being turned off than on.Confused
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:56 am
I'd say more people that don't pray have posted here that do - that's a form of intimidation
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:56 am
msolga wrote:
Sorry, guys, I'm not too impressed by any sudden, big influx of folk from out of nowhere preaching any variety of extreme political or religious views. Is it a missionary thing, or something? If it is, I suspect that far more folk are being turned off than on.Confused

msolga,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by extreme religious views. I really haven't seen anything too extreme in general. I am sorry if what we believe offends you and others.

I would imagine we post on A2K for the same reason that others do. We enjoy the exchange of information, ideas, etc.

It does sadden me though that you feel we are less than welcome here.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:57 am
You must be easily intimidated Wink
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:59 am
Husker,

The best thing for us to do is to put them in God's hands. We have made our feelings known. If they accept it, they accept it. If they don't, they don't. :wink:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:00 am
Doktor S wrote:
You must be easily intimidated Wink

you know it's not me
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:03 am
Seriously though, you guys must be used to it.
This isn't a fuzzy feelgood christian playground, after all.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:05 am
no but I disllike new members getting derailed even you
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:08 am
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga wrote:

msolga,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by extreme religious views. I really haven't seen anything too extreme in general. I am sorry if what we believe offends you and others.

Where I live (not in the US) MA, some of the views expressed in recent posts here would be considered decidely odd. It would be considered OK for a person to hold those views (we're pretty tolerant), but not quite the right thing to try to shove them down others' throats. People find that objectionable. They consider they have enough intelligence to make up their own minds on what they think.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:11 am
msolga no one shoved anything down anyone's throat on this topic to warrant the actions
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:11 am
husker wrote:
no but I disllike new members getting derailed even you

I dislike the forum being swamped with one particular "line".
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:12 am
msolga wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga wrote:

msolga,

Where I live (not in the US) MA, some of the views expressed in recent posts here would be considered decidely odd. It would be considered OK for a person to hold those views (we're pretty tolerant), but not quite the right thing to try to shove them down others' throats. People find that objectionable. They consider they have enough intelligence to make up their own minds on what they think.

msolga,

Ok, I am afraid you would have to be a bit more specific about how someone is trying to shove something down someone's throat on here.

How can just stating what you believe, feel, etc. be considered shoving it down someone's throat? If someone flat out says you are wrong, I can understand that. But, I really haven't seen that happen that often with the religious on A2K. I could be wrong.

Couldn't it be said of those with the opposite view?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:12 am
husker wrote:
msolga no one shoved anything down anyone's throat on this topic to warrant the actions

What "actions"?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:13 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Our Father in Heaven, please be with our beloved men and women in the military. Guide them with your wisdom Father, keep them strong. We may not understand the reason for everything but we do understand that our troops need us right now. They are far from home and doing what they think is right. We ask that you be with them Father. Comfort them, keep them safe. In Jesus Name We Pray. Amen.

Wups, there goes another chicken head!! Dance Mama, dance!!

Anon
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:13 am
oh 2 wrongs equal a right?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:14 am
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
msolga wrote:

msolga,

msolga,

Ok, I am afraid you would have to be a bit more specific about how someone is trying to shove something down someone's throat on here.

Oh come on now!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:15 am
msolga wrote:
husker wrote:

What "actions"?

flagrant disruption and taking a topic offtopic and intimidation
0 Replies