Truth or dare, America

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:18 pm
http://www.unknownnews.org/logo.gif

Quote:
Truth or dare, America

by Helen & Harry Highwater, Unknown News

Dec. 30, 2005

In optimistic moments, it's fun to wonder what the world would be like, if the people who followed Christianity and the world's other assorted religions actually lived their lives by the teachings of the religions they claim to follow. Why, I think we'd have peace on earth.

I wonder about the people who surround themselves with American flags, who yell about "supporting the troops," or put yellow ribbons on their cars (magnets, not stickers, so the symbol can be removed as easily as the troops will be forgotten). What if these people sincerely gave half a damn about America, or about the troops? They'd be calling for the troops to be brought home, of course.

What if news reporters reported news? What if newspapers from the Washington Post to the Hicksville Gazette simply told the truth, with headlines that “Bush lied yesterday, when he said ...” and “Cheney is a pathological liar”? What if the nightly news was designed to make current events understood, instead of obfuscated?

What if, instead of simply repeating what federal spokesandroids said, their statements were reported alongside the facts -- allowing anyone with a brain to see what the Scott McClellans of the world are made of, or full of.

Such questions are moot, of course. Downright silly. We might as well ask, What if Dick Cheney had a conscience? What if Donald Rumsfeld was an honest man? What if Condoleezza Rice was black? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? One could grow delirious, asking so many nonsensical questions.

What if Rush Limbaugh was wired to a 220v electrical connection, and given a hair-raising shock every time he lied on his national radio show? Do you think he could make it from one commercial break to the next without half a dozen juicy jolts?

What if the Drug Czar told the truth about marijuana, instead of exaggerating its dangers?

Think of it as an episode of The Twilight Zone. See the signpost up ahead?

Imagine, if you will, that the American military’s recruiting officers told the truth to high school children. What if recruits were told, straight out and in plain English, that they wouldn’t be defending America -- they’d just be occupying foreign countries, risking death or disfigurement for causes that American leaders couldn’t explain without lies?

And as long as we're daydreaming, let's daydream big. Imagine if, instead of whispers and conspiracy theories, all of the government’s secret files were simply opened for public perusal. No more filing "Freedom of Information Act" forms, because our government had no more secrets from its people. No more wondering who killed JFK, RFK, MLK, or Biggie Smalls. No more stonewalling about what happened on September 11, 2001.

What if our leaders took charbroiled horseshit off the menu, and gave us the truth instead? What if we had an open, honest government, with White House press releases full of facts instead of fiction? Wouldn't that be something? Imagine, the truth would be out there -- the plain facts of the matter, about everything from "morning after" birth control to toppled governments and assassinated leaders all around the world.

How furious would your average American be, to discover that everything we the people had been told, everything we'd thought we'd known all our lives, was a mountain of lies, half-lies, three-quarter-lies, "national security" lies, lies we knew were lies, lies we suspected, lies we'd swallowed, lies we'd told ourselves, and lies we'd told each other?

What would Americans do, if we finally knew the truth? Would Americans be angry, furious? Would we take to the streets, ready to tar and feather the liars? Would we demand truth and justice as the American way?

The tragedy is, we already know the truth, because the liars aren't very good at lying. They've left the truth pretty obvious, and all of us know the answers, really, to most of the questions asked above. We already know with absolute certainty we've been lied to, about virtually everything.

There's only one pertinent question that really remains unanswered, and it's the only question that matters: What are we going to do about it?

unknownnews
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 462 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:57 pm
Re: Truth or dare, America
freedom4free wrote:

I wonder about the people who surround themselves with American flags, who yell about "supporting the troops," or put yellow ribbons on their cars (magnets, not stickers, so the symbol can be removed as easily as the troops will be forgotten). What if these people sincerely gave half a damn about America, or about the troops? They'd be calling for the troops to be brought home, of course.

You are asserting that anyone who cares about the troops will automatically ask for them to be brought home. That is the same thing as asserting that no war is worth fighting. I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:05 pm
HOGWASH!!!
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:11 pm
Quote:
Truth or dare, America

by Helen & Harry Highwater, Unknown News

Dec. 30, 2005

In optimistic moments, it's fun to wonder what the world would be like, if the people who followed Christianity and the world's other assorted religions actually lived their lives by the teachings of the religions they claim to follow. Why, I think we'd have peace on earth.

Maybe these people are following their religious beliefs. Everyone interprets their beliefs ina different way and some people take their religion to an extreme.

I guess it never occured to him/her that these people do support the troops. I guess the family members of the deployed troops don't care, according to what these two people are implying.

What if news reporters reported news? What if newspapers from the Washington Post to the Hicksville Gazette simply told the truth, with headlines that "Bush lied yesterday, when he said ..." and "Cheney is a pathological liar"? What if the nightly news was designed to make current events understood, instead of obfuscated?

What if these people reported the news objectively, instead of their slanted view. Would they be capable of that?

What if, instead of simply repeating what federal spokesandroids said, their statements were reported alongside the facts -- allowing anyone with a brain to see what the Scott McClellans of the world are made of, or full of.

I agree. Why dont you do the same. Report ALL the facts, not just what you think is relevent.

Such questions are moot, of course. Downright silly. We might as well ask, What if Dick Cheney had a conscience? What if Donald Rumsfeld was an honest man? What if Condoleezza Rice was black? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? One could grow delirious, asking so many nonsensical questions.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Condoleeza Rice is as black as Tiger Woods andColin Powell. She doesn't act as Black as P Diddy, Snoop Dog, and the rest of the Gheto asswipes.

Donald Rumsfeld is as honest as everyother person that has stepped foot in Washington.

What if Rush Limbaugh was wired to a 220v electrical connection, and given a hair-raising shock every time he lied on his national radio show? Do you think he could make it from one commercial break to the next without half a dozen juicy jolts?

What if you were zapped everythime you distorted the truth in your articles and everythime you lied to your spouse and your children?

What if the Drug Czar told the truth about marijuana, instead of exaggerating its dangers?

For once we agree!

Think of it as an episode of The Twilight Zone. See the signpost up ahead?

Imagine, if you will, that the American military's recruiting officers told the truth to high school children. What if recruits were told, straight out and in plain English, that they wouldn't be defending America -- they'd just be occupying foreign countries, risking death or disfigurement for causes that American leaders couldn't explain without lies?

So you are implying that high school students are not capable of making decisions? Why then should we allow those same 18 year olds the right to vote? The lasrgest majority of highschool students have their parents with them at some point during the recruiting process. I guess that means you feel that the parents are stupid too.

And as long as we're daydreaming, let's daydream big. Imagine if, instead of whispers and conspiracy theories, all of the government's secret files were simply opened for public perusal. No more filing "Freedom of Information Act" forms, because our government had no more secrets from its people. No more wondering who killed JFK, RFK, MLK, or Biggie Smalls. No more stonewalling about what happened on September 11, 2001.

As far as Biggie Smalls is concerned, who realy cares. As far as 9/11 uh duh Two planes flew into the World Trade Centers, one into the Pentegon and on crashed in Pa. Weren't you paying attention the last 4 years?
And, I do agree, we should know who killed JFK, Because I don't believe in that one bullet bullshit story.

What if our leaders took charbroiled horseshit off the menu, and gave us the truth instead? What if we had an open, honest government, with White House press releases full of facts instead of fiction? Wouldn't that be something? Imagine, the truth would be out there -- the plain facts of the matter, about everything from "morning after" birth control to toppled governments and assassinated leaders all around the world.

It's the religious groups that are fighting the morning after pill.
Could you and the rest of America, the rest of the WORLD, handle 100% of the truth? Most likely? NO. Do you tell your family members 100% of the truth? How many secrets do you hide? And then you want world Governments to tell their populations everything? Yea right!

How furious would your average American be, to discover that everything we the people had been told, everything we'd thought we'd known all our lives, was a mountain of lies, half-lies, three-quarter-lies, "national security" lies, lies we knew were lies, lies we suspected, lies we'd swallowed, lies we'd told ourselves, and lies we'd told each other?

LIES! ALL LIES! - I fell like I'm reading a script for another Austin Powers movie

What would Americans do, if we finally knew the truth? Would Americans be angry, furious? Would we take to the streets, ready to tar and feather the liars? Would we demand truth and justice as the American way?

American's and everybody else has already formulated their version of the truth. As the saying goes "don't confuse me with the facts, I got my mind made up." You spout off like you know the facts. If you did, you would print them without narration. You don't, so you make up the story that you think will sell the best.

The tragedy is, we already know the truth, because the liars aren't very good at lying. They've left the truth pretty obvious, and all of us know the answers, really, to most of the questions asked above. We already know with absolute certainty we've been lied to, about virtually everything.

Ok, make up your mind, have they lied to us or have they told us the truth? First you say they lie, then you say you know the truth. Again, If you think you have the truth, print it with out your drivel narration.

There's only one pertinent question that really remains unanswered, and it's the only question that matters: What are we going to do about it?

Apparently, all your going to do is whine and think that you are some fantastic journalist. I bet your hero is Randolph Hearst. Give me the picture and I will make my own story.

unknownnews
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:15 pm
Hey, Ralph was some of that your writing and some by the Hightowers? It's kinda hard to tell...
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:32 pm
I'm new at the quoting and color aspects. I apologize. I put a couple of spaces in between their comments and mine. I'm sure the sarcasm should come out clearly. You may want to ger ready, I know we don't agree on much.
0 Replies