Mature relationships. Can you think of another one?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:39 pm
Quote:
VO: And of course we all remember when Murphy became a single mom and so Dan Quayle's example of declining family values. The irony is no one values family more than Bergen, although her family is not what you'd call conventional.
MW: A couple of your children are Louis' kids right? The daughter of his mistress, who lives with you?
(Candice laughs)
MW: If you don't want to talk about it...
CB: I'm very happy to talk about it. Louis was very unconventional. He had his son with the German actress and he had Justine with this wonderful woman, Alexander Stuart, who is here with us now. This is not to say that in the beginning, when I had first married, for the first time in my life, I was not so thrilled to have all of these other past women in my life, so there was a considerably bumpy period in there where these things were smoothed out.
VO: Today they all gather in France for holidays and enjoy lazy days together.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Picture/5957/60minutes.html

Quote:
They spend a great deal of time at Bergen's home in rural France, where Chloe is close to her half-brother and -sister, children Malle had with his mistress before meeting Bergen. In fact, Alexandra Stewart, the mother of Malle's other daughter, is one of Bergen's close friends, though they're not as close as a recent 60 Minutes profile of Bergen suggested: Viewers might have been left with the idea that Bergen lived with Stewart, and that Stewart was Malle's mistress during his marriage to Bergen. "ah, I certainly would not have been okay with that!" Bergen says with a laugh. "I believe a lot in monogamy, let me tell you."

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Picture/5957/lhj300.html

seems like people learned to get along in this case - much like couples and their ex-partners need to do everywhere, particularly where children are involved
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:17 pm
Thanks for digging that out ehBeth.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:21 pm
All's well that ends well.
I'm glad that I started this thread. It turned out to be interesting and well received, or almost.
Candice Bergen is a good woman and mother.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:08 am
detano inipo wrote:
All's well that ends well.
I'm glad that I started this thread. It turned out to be interesting and well received, or almost.
Candice Bergen is a good woman and mother.

Yes, it is an interesting thread, although you didn't have your facts straight from the beginning.

My new avatar?

Look closely at the face, then, remember the face of the dark hair woman before that. Notice any resemblance?

The brunette is Mariska Haggartay. She's an actress and has a lovely face and fantastic figure, she looks very much like her mother, a blonde actress that was married to a Mr. Universe, Mickey Haggartay.

Jayne Mansfield played the roll of the bimbo sexpot to her advantage. From what I understand, she was an incredibly hard working woman. As a matter of fact, on the night she died in that infamous car accident (with Mariska and her other children sleeping in the back seat) she was traveling to cover an an appearance in a nightclub for Mamie Van Doren (another sexpot), who couldn't make her commitment.

Mansfield had no illusions to being some great dramatic actress. She knew that sex sells, and exploited what she had to earn money for her family. She was not a stupid woman, she knew she could earn a living by being so over the top and unbelievable.

I hadn't given it much thought prior to this, but actually, my last few avatars are noteworthy for the same reason. Dolly Parton, Rachel Welch, I'm sure there's others I've used.....

These woman ALL took advantage of what God gave them (and silicone :wink: ) to be successful. Parton and Welch are both shrewd businesswomen. Both very savy.

Both very mature.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:20 am
It is possible that sexpots and bimbos are admired by some people, we all have our priorities.
No matter how statuesque, these empty beauties are not interesting to me.
Nevertheless, they seem to attract even great intellectuals like Arthur Miller, who married a total zero named Marilyn Monroe.
I prefer talented women like Simone Signoret, who was born in Germany, became one of the top French actresses and played in one of the greatest British films: 'Room at the top'.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:40 am
Why do you assume that they were "empty beauties"? Because a woman is beautiful and uses her beauty to her advantage, she must be empty headed?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:51 am
Oh now this is getting fun!

The absolute pretension behind "I'm attracted to a better class of actress than you so I'm classier than Arthur Miller blah blah blah" is one of the funniest things I've read in ages.

I'll take Jodi Foster for $1,000, Alex!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:30 am
Ah, give detano a break.

He's just trying to stir us up.

He's just all into the French and France and Europe in general, and wants to have those who don't agree with him to know that he considers them all "declasse" and everything. Rolling Eyes

That's why I'm not rising to the occassion.

see, if I had put Bridget Bardot up there wearin' her towel and bendin' over, that would have been all sophisticated.

Anyway, it's good for a laugh, I'm suspecting that what's he's here for also.

It's like that guy Fabio. He's such a caricature, that's why people pay attention to him, and how he puts money in the bank. I'm sure he doesn't take himself seriously.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:48 am
The thread was coming to an end. You restarted it with your praise of sexpots who make B-movies.
I'm having great fun here. Keep going.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:57 am
Signoret, Bardot, Munroe, Lollobrigida, Loren....whatever floats your boat, really. All different looking, and vastly different in their persona that is created by the Studios and presented to the public for purely marketing reasons.
I wouldn't dare to say that I knew what these women were like in real life. I think that detano places too much importance on false image, hype and "style" and not enough on how things are in the real world.

Personally, I am VISUALLY attracted to petite brunettes with a small chest and a perfect bottom, but I can't see how this would make me more or less classy or "mature" than anyone else.
Visual attraction is only a minor part though. I tend to go for character and intelligence, more than looks. I think most people do.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:12 pm
hey, I never realized that someone was in charge of ending a thread.

A thread ends when people stop posting. Sometimes they are picked up again months later.

You having great fun here? Good. That's why the thread continues.

As a matter of fact, it may morph into a totally different subject.

Like, when is Lord Ellpus going to tell us another one of his FABULOUS stories about his adventures at the manor, and that petite Polish upstairs maid Lady E. just hired. The one that has no chest to speak of.

How is Zosia working out Lord?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:12 pm
detano inipo wrote:
The thread was coming to an end. You restarted it with your praise of sexpots who make B-movies.
I'm having great fun here. Keep going.

If you want it to keep going, be a man and answer my question.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:24 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

How is Zosia working out Lord?

Quite well, actually. She has had a session on the rowing thingy, and is now about to start on the thigh clench machine.

I have one of those big portraits hanging directly opposite, and am just about to remove one of the eye holes like they do in the films.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
Lord Ellpus:
Visual attraction is only a minor part though. I tend to go for character and intelligence, more than looks. I think most people do.

My thoughts exactly, good lord.
Bella Dea:
Why do you assume that they were "empty beauties"?

They were unable to make a good movie, even after numerous tries. A plain actress who has achieved stardom is more deserving than a beauty who only makes skin-flicks.

Tai Chi:
hey, I never realized that someone was in charge of ending a thread.

Look closer, my dear, I have never declared a thread to be ended.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:28 pm
detano inipo wrote:

No matter how statuesque, these empty beauties are not interesting to me.

Why does Bella assume they are empty beauties?

well, because you said so.

Gosh, even I knew that Gilbert.
0 Replies