Mature relationships. Can you think of another one?

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:17 am
I try to stay away from the realationship forum.

Many, many of the posters there need a bit of harshness/bluntness with all their "just because he hits me doesn't mean he doesn't love me...." stuff.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:19 am
Hmmm ... I can see that, but more often my reaction is the opposite: that I find many of the responses too judgemental, and too quick to jump to conclusions about people. One of my major peeves, actually.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:41 pm
Mature. When two women lose their man, meet, become friends and spend time together in the South of France, the seem mature to me.

I saw them in a French documentary, in the village where Malle married Bergen. She is known there as Mme Malle and speaks French.

The man was a genius , too bad his French films are not well-known here. As so many geniuses, he behaved a bit outside the norm. (Einstein was a monster at home).

btw, 99% of Candice Bergen's pictures show her smiling. She won so many Emmys, she started to refuse them. All for comedies.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800014665/bio
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
detano inipo wrote:
Mature. When two women lose their man, meet, become friends and spend time together in the South of France, the seem mature to me.

Again, using the above, WHY does that seem mature to you.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but you are really not giving any reason as to why that seems mature.

I pick up though, that you seem to be hung up on anything French, especially the south of france.

People are people whether they live in little haiti in miami, or in milano or hobokan.

Perhaps it's your verbage. Are you really saying that the situation seems more sophisticated, continental, edgy?

To me that conjures up people sitting around in art deco poses, looking with disdain at the prolitariat.

Maybe you're just enchanted with the image these 2 women present.

Like my new signature line?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:01 pm
I suppose, in a way, I know what you mean now. My mother and my father's first wife were very friendly toward one another, both before and after my parents separated. The two women always got along well and I'll never forget how amusing and strangely satisfying it was to see my father so many years ago sitting comfortably between his two ex-wives at the head table of my brothers' wedding anniversary party. Altho' the family was comprised of step and half-siblings, I think it was because the parents all got along that we, the children, did too and yes, I guess that was a pretty mature way to go about it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:02 pm
I would gladly spend time in the south of France with any of my ex-boyfriend's girlfriends.

I mean.... I liked him... they liked him.... he liked both of us..... how different could we be?

I do think there is a certain "maturity" here though. I think Mr. B's parents were very mature in that despite their nasty divorce they always put their differences aside during the holidays so that the family can all be together without the "visit to mom, visit to dad" baloney that so many kids have to deal with.

I'm raising my ex-neighbor's grand-daughter's child and get along fine as mOthers.

The world is full of complicated, "mature" realationships. If any of us knocked on our neighbor's door and asked them the right questions we'd probably learn just how common such things are.

Here, there and everywhere.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:05 pm
....speaking of knocking on the neighbor's door. I hit submit and find that eoe is my cyber-neighbor!

LOVE the new avatar, eoe!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:06 pm
Thanks doll!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:36 pm
eoe wrote:
I suppose, in a way, I know what you mean now. My mother and my father's first wife were very friendly toward one another, both before and after my parents separated. The two women always got along well and I'll never forget how amusing and strangely satisfying it was to see my father so many years ago sitting comfortably between his two ex-wives at the head table of my brothers' wedding anniversary party. Altho' the family was comprised of step and half-siblings, I think it was because the parents all got along that we, the children, did too and yes, I guess that was a pretty mature way to go about it.

Yes, in that way, I'm right with you eoe.

I get along great with my husbands ex-wife. As a matter of fact, I wish she would move closer. She, he, her now husband and I have spent quite a bit of time together. We all split the cost of his daughters wedding equally, and I've never been uncomfortable around her or given it a moments thought.

There is one big difference though from the original situation posted. My husband and the ex were divorced years before I ever laid eyes on him. Neither I or her current husband had anything to do with their breakup. Why shouldn't we get along. If those 2 can have a good relationship, it's no skin off mine or the new husbands nose, they aren't having sex together.

Now, if I had been the mistress for years while he was still married to the ex, that's a different story. That's adultery, and I'd be stepping in her territory, so to speak.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:04 pm
Very good point.

Now, my mother was out for blood when she caught wind that my father had taken me, as a toddler, to visit his girlfriend. So much for 'mature' relationships, right?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:10 pm
lord.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:15 pm
I know...
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:16 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
You know what?

I think Candace Bergen is a b*itch.

She's always walkin' around with that puss on her face, like she's better than everyone because she's so mature and lives with her dead husbands mistress.

mistress my ass, she was the putana her husband was bangin'

If that woman ever smiled her face would crack.

Her father was creepy too, sitting around with that ventriloquist dummy.

This was your first reaction, quite vulgar and wrong, I must say. Since then you have toned it down a bit and talked about 'mature' in a nicer way.

Malle and Alexandra Stewart had daughter Justine in 1974. Long before he met CB.
Malle married Candice Bergen in 1980.
She had daughter Chloe in 1985.

In a country where everyone has a gun there might have been a murder or two. That would have been immature, but very Hollywood.

I have lived a few years in France. They have their problems but their lifestyle is not bad at all.

Sorry if my name does not indicate that I am a man.

As for your little blurb on the bottom, you are welcome. Just don't forget what else I wrote in that post.

Your last avatar looked realistic enough. The one before that looked like that country singer who was more known for her industrial strength breasts than for her singing.

My avatar is a pic I took of a flower.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:27 pm
That doesn't sound like a mistress, then. I'd define mistress as someone whom the man had a relationship with WHILE he was married to someone else (not before).
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
detano inipo wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
You know what?

I think Candace Bergen is a b*itch.

She's always walkin' around with that puss on her face, like she's better than everyone because she's so mature and lives with her dead husbands mistress.

mistress my ass, she was the putana her husband was bangin'

If that woman ever smiled her face would crack.

Her father was creepy too, sitting around with that ventriloquist dummy.

This was your first reaction, quite vulgar and wrong, I must say. Since then you have toned it down a bit and talked about 'mature' in a nicer way.

Malle and Alexandra Stewart had daughter Justine in 1974. Long before he met CB.
Malle married Candice Bergen in 1980.
She had daughter Chloe in 1985.

In a country where everyone has a gun there might have been a murder or two. That would have been immature, but very Hollywood.

I have lived a few years in France. They have their problems but their lifestyle is not bad at all.

Sorry if my name does not indicate that I am a man.

As for your little blurb on the bottom, you are welcome. Just don't forget what else I wrote in that post.

Your last avatar looked realistic enough. The one before that looked like that country singer who was more known for her industrial strength breasts than for her singing.

My avatar is a pic I took of a flower.

you're not very good at goading people. if you're practicing on getting a rise out of someone, go play with setanta.

sorry, not going to take the bait dear.

So anyway, if he had a child with Stewart in 74, and then later married Bergen in 80, was he still having sex with Stewart after he married Bergen?

If he didn't, Stewart wasn't his mistress, she was a girlfriend. that's all. Like Soz sez, a mistriss is a woman having sex with a man while he's married to someone else.

Same as eoe and I were saying, there's no issue if the 2 women weren't both sleeping with the man at the same time.

So.....?

<loping the ball over the net>
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:36 pm
It is possible that she was not a mistress. In that case all your cussing went for naught.
Who is that flat chested bimbo I see now?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 05:46 pm
You'd think they were women with quite a bit in common, loving the same man. Makes sense, to me, that they'd get along - as long as neither of them has issues with jealousy. Lotsa folks do. Not all. Thank goodness.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:05 pm
sozobe wrote:
That doesn't sound like a mistress, then. I'd define mistress as someone whom the man had a relationship with WHILE he was married to someone else (not before).

The before partner is usually called an "old flame" over here.

I think I am mature enough to realise that it would not usually be a good idea to set up house with my wife and an old flame and expect any expensive ornaments to remain intact after a couple of weeks.

...and the French "Provence" thing? It's a myth.

The rich people who move to Provence for the weather are not stereotypical of the local farmers who have their roots there.
Rich, sundrenched dropout people anywhere in the world are just as relaxed and comfortable as the interlopers that have invaded the Provence.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

however, to be sure, I will discuss this tonight when I am in bed with my husband and 2 male lovers.

Don't expect me to be discussing too much, as I will have my miners lamp switched on and will be busy rummaging.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:11 pm
I could imagine that, living with the old flame, especially if he's dead. I met one boyfriend's old flame and we immediately hit it off, which he found a bit disconcerting...
0 Replies