Mature relationships. Can you think of another one?

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
One of my favourite film makers is Louis Malle. A very
sophisticated and intellectual man, he has enchanted the public with his very diversified work.

Ascenseur pour l'echafaud (57)-Les Amants (58)-Zazie dans le Metro (61)-Le Feu Follet(63)-Viva Maria(65)-Le Voleur(67)-Souffle au Coeur(71)-Lacombe Lucien(75)-La Petite---etc etc.

Au Revoir mes Enfants was based on a childhood memory of this sensitive man.

Louis Malle was the husband of Candice Bergen, one of the most beautiful women on earth. She was the daughter of Edgar Bergen, a ventriloquist and very popular with the American public.

Louis Malle died a few years ago. Candice Bergen spends several months of the year in their house in Provence. She shares the house with Alexandra Stewart and the children.

Alexandra Stewart is a Montreal actress who has made a career in the French cinema and was the mistress of Louis Malle.

In a very French and mature way, the two women are good friends and continue the family.

I find it remarkable that an American and a Canadian woman can be so French. It must be the Provence atmosphere that has converted them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,219 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:08 pm
so that makes them mature?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:43 pm
oh wait, I've just got to go out on a limb with this......

Let me guess.....you're a man.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:53 pm
When I was a kid a friend of my dad's lived with us, with his mistress, while his wife and kids lived down the street.

Does this make all of us mature?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:55 pm
yes boomerang, it does.

however, to be sure, I will discuss this tonight when I am in bed with my husband and 2 male lovers.

But not the cat....people should not sleep with cats. That's not right.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:09 pm
You are so sophisticated!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:16 pm
You know what?

I think Candace Bergen is a b*itch.

She's always walkin' around with that puss on her face, like she's better than everyone because she's so mature and lives with her dead husbands mistress.

mistress my ass, she was the putana her husband was bangin'

If that woman ever smiled her face would crack.

Her father was creepy too, sitting around with that ventriloquist dummy.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:17 pm
There's maturity--and there's resignation to accepting a situation that you don't like, but decide to live with...
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:17 pm
You must be certain that only men can say something good about this story.
Those vicious tirades sound kind of sad; or they are tongue-in-cheek.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:34 am
Re: Mature relationships. Can you think of another one?
detano inipo wrote:

I find it remarkable that an American and a Canadian woman can be so French. It must be the Provence atmosphere that has converted them.

What an odd statement. My grandmother would have a heartattack if she heard you say that! I've never known anyone so viciously French as the Canadians with french heritage.

Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:48 am
detano inipo wrote:
You must be certain that only men can say something good about this story.
Those vicious tirades sound kind of sad; or they are tongue-in-cheek.

you don't know me very well yet, do you? :wink:

boom? flushd? would you call me sad? or vicious?
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:17 am
Re: Mature relationships. Can you think of another one?
flushd wrote:
detano inipo wrote:

What an odd statement. My grandmother would have a heartattack if she heard you say that! I've never known anyone so viciously French as the Canadians with french heritage.

Laughing

Quebecers are far more than 50% French in their spirit and behaviour. These two women who are now raising their children together are of English heritage. That is what I find so astonishing.
After the war I once met an American intellectual who had sworn never to return to the States. He had become a true Frenchman. It happens to people who are fluent in French and love the spirit of that country.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:29 am
you don't know me very well yet, do you? Wink

So far I have found you quite interesting and clever. Too bad you have something against men. They seem to bring out the not so gentle side of you.

I love women, no ifs or buts about it. (btw, I met a few rotten females too)
Trust me, there are some good men around. No need to lose one's cool over the rotten ones.
Louis Malle was an incredible genius. So he had a mistress, so what. He has given the world much more than millions of boring, faithful and praying men.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:30 am
Chai Tea wrote:
you don't know me very well yet, do you? :wink:

vicious, no, but you can be pretty harsh ...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:26 am
detano inipo wrote:
Too bad you have something against men. They seem to bring out the not so gentle side of you.

oooo wee! you really don't know me!

I love men! I'm married to the best man in this galaxy. My best friend of oh, 30 years is a man.

When it comes to adultery, I believe in equal opportunity sarcasism.

I just don't sugar coat it. A widow and your dead husbands whore living together doesn't make you mature. Like D'art said, it's more likely you're resigned.

Nimh, harsh? Sure if that's how you see it.

I've been a lot harsher and less gentle with women who come here with relationship stuff, when they know what the answer is, but just don't want to hear it.

my husbands having an affair and wants his girlfriend to come live with us....what should I do? Rolling Eyes

harsh? naw, I'm just really comfortable in my own skin, and I'm not gonna say something differently based on whether you're a man or a woman. I've been around way too long for that.

I guess one of the positive things I can say about myself is that.....although I can dish it out pretty thick, I can take it as well.

I don't take offense at much. I'm here more for fun than anything else.
Life's too short.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:30 am
The only thing Chai has against men are her tits..

( you should'a seen her other avatars for that. ;-) )
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:32 am
Vicious? Sad? Harsh?

I would never use any of those words to describe you.

Sacastic? Yes.
Hilarious? Yes.
Blunt? Yes

Those are three qualities I admire in any person!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:46 am
Where did this story about Candice Bergen (who's never IMO appeared bitchy outside of a character) and Malle's mistress sharing a house together come from anyway? And why is this considered 'mature'?

Detano, can you provide us with a link?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
boomerang wrote:
Vicious? Sad? Harsh?

I would never use any of those words to describe you.

Sacastic? Yes.
Hilarious? Yes.
Blunt? Yes

Those are three qualities I admire in any person!

Well, call me blunt when I say that I think Chai can be pretty harsh on these (relationship) forums ... ;-)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
detano

back to my question.....

What is it about this situation that makes you believe they are so mature?

Seriously.
0 Replies