left-wing wacko vs or the right wing lying liars

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:26 am
Yesterday as I was driving about I noticed how many cars are still wearing the political campaign bumper stickers as if the dust hasn't settled yet or will in the near future. I have also noticed that knee-jerk reactions seem to be worsening so that if someone says "I have concerns about the environment" he/she will be hit with "you're a whacked-out, left-wing, dope-smoking hippie." Likewise if someone says "perhaps trickle down economics has some potential afterall, he is likely to be hit with "you're a Reagan-worshipping, right-wing, greedy bastard." For meself, I am a liberal extremist who really doesn't give ashit about moderate/democrat/republican/neocon crappola but I do wonder just how polarized america can get, perhaps this is a good thing for america and will result in the populace taking a good hard look at itself and making some real decisions about what america should be. Probably not, but it's a idea whose time has come.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 572 • Replies: 13
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:27 am
Freakin' Libertarian.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:31 am
Personally, I'm just a selfish ass_hole who doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself and therefore I like whoever happens to agree with me. bush an dthem ain't it.

What does that make me politically?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:32 am
American?
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
Dys
I think you said it with "just how polarized can America get?" I don't think we've seen it yet. It's us vs. them, them vs. us., red vs. blue. A virtual cultural war. The red states vs. the blue states. I guess some people have to be hit in the forehead with a two by four to get their attention........................?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:45 pm
How polarized can America get? Civil war

Load'em if you got'em
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:51 pm
The cultural war goes on, from generation to generation. I don't see an end from where I stand.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:04 pm
lol, DrewDad should go into comedy... laughed at the first comment, then laughed more at the second Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:01 pm
I just watched the Andy Griffith Show.

Can I move to that America?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:05 pm
Picture a man, tired of his life in complex American Technocracy. He wises to return to the days of Aunt Bee and Mayberry. He will find his way.... with a deeetour through.... The Twilight Zone
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:13 pm
........and he's a mexican. Very Happy

In Mayberry!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:52 pm
farmerman wrote:
Picture a man, tired of his life in complex American Technocracy. He wises to return to the days of Aunt Bee and Mayberry. He will find his way.... with a deeetour through.... The Twilight Zone

Farmerman, I feel like we have been in the Twilight Zone for at least 4 yrs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:04 pm
They ain't nothin' new under the sun . . . Aaron Burr shot Alexander Hamilton over a political quarrel, and that was just for local politics in New York. David Crockett, arguably the worst Representative ever to sit in Congress, but among America's all-time greatest stump orators and campaigners, ran for Congress a third time, and told the voters that if they did not re-elect him, they could go to Hell, and he would go to Texas. They didn't, he did, some of them may or may not have (gone to Hell or Texas, a toss-up for destinations), and he may have gone to Hell himself, although no witnesses have testified.

Lincoln was described as "The Original Gorilla," a slur on him, on Blacks and on Charles Darwin, who seems to have p!ssed people off from the day one. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.--arguably the most popular President in our history, saving only Washington--campaigned for all he was worth for every Republican candidate for the Presidency, except in the case of James Blaine, for which he was branded a Mugwump (not true) and for which he was eternally embarrassed. He usually (but not always) managed to stop just short of criminal libel in describing his opponents, and he nearly foamed at the mouth when it came to William Jennings Bryan.

And that's just the first hundred years or so . . .

They ain't nothin' new under the sun.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:18 pm
What about when lincoln and the boys didn't want to lose a vote in congress so they climbed out the bathroom window so they would have to postpone the vote till they got more heads and they got caught.

hello?
0 Replies