Can anybody draw?!

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 09:18 am
Second time I've had to write this out...

Hi, I'm a member of a role play website and I would like to have some pictures of my characters on there, I've tried drawing them but I can't get them right. I was wondering if anybody had the time if they could try and draw my characters from their perception of them from my descriptions....

SPIRIT-

Spirit has long, waist length, mid-brown hair, which she wears down with either a single flower in or a whole garland of tiny flowers on her head. She has gentle, blue eyes and warm skin. She is quite small and young looking for her age. Her black robes are about two or three sizes too big for her so she has to wear a belt. The belt features very life like dragons and when observed out of the corner of your eye, seem to move.
(Pastel colours, blue, green, pink, lilac etc)

Sarah-

Sarah is of a medium height, she has a petite build. She has very pale, smooth skin, bright piercing blue eyes, long waist length dark brown hair which she generally wears down or with a single hairclip on the left. She wears long black sweeping robes and a deep green sash around her small waist. She also always wears a pendant with a peculiar stone, which on closer inspection, bears a spell written in tiny old fashioned lettering.
Greens, silver etc

TARION-

Tall and slender, Tarion takes after his father in many ways. He is taller than his little sister, Sarah, and has a mop of dark brown hair. He has a thin face, pale complexion and blue eyes. (Colours- dark greens, silver etc)
Looks like Sarah, but taller etc, also wearing black robes.

The girls also need like prom dresses if that's easier to draw... please try if you have time! Thanks very much..

Honey_rose_cr
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,925 • Replies: 23
No top replies

EndersGame

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:38 pm
Sorry no one has posted you back on the drawings. I would help you but you have never seen me draw and do not want to.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:43 pm
I'm trying to visualize "mid-brown hair".
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:53 pm
Uh, honeyrose, if your car broke down would you ask your mechanic to fix it for nothing? If you got a divorce would you expect your lawyer to do it for free? The same thing applies to artists, they're work is worth their time and their money, it's not just some whimsical lovely impulse that guides them from moment to moment.
0 Replies

lil gangsta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:58 pm
Cliff Hanger wrote:
Uh, honeyrose, if your car broke down would you ask your mechanic to fix it for nothing? If you got a divorce would you expect your lawyer to do it for free? The same thing applies to artists, they're work is worth their time and their money, it's not just some whimsical lovely impulse that guides them from moment to moment.

pretty low saying that she jus wants pplz tryin to draw her ideas and see how they turn out
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 04:54 pm
No, it's not pretty low - it's realistic... drawing takes time and energy - who'd do that for a stranger fo free? I'm an artist and I certainly wouldn't.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 05:05 pm
I do art as well and it does take up a bit of time and a lot of effort does go into it...and even if I had the spare time I wouldnt do it for nothing either :wink:
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 02:19 pm
Actually when I get around to getting a divorce I think I'll ask my mechanic although the rates are probobly about the same. I wonder if he knows what mid-brown hair is...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:08 pm
If you role play the character of Spirit, it might come to you... if it does, let us know, eh?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Could you draw my mechanic with mid-brown hair? I will roll play paying a fee.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:17 pm
Mid-brown hair.....seriously?....it's brown and it's mid....not dark, and not light....mid....

Also, I just like drawing piccys generally, I would favour the challenge and see if the drawing comes out well....just thought there might be some inspirational, young people out there just wanting the challenge if they had a bit of spare time and fancied a draw.....I prefer to have an incentive and goal when I'm sketching......
And it's interesting to see that I got the description spot on...and other people see the charries as I do from the description....

I don't have any idea what your mechanic looks like...if you would be kind enough to attach a description I would be happy to draw you a picture!! Very Happy

And yes, if my car broke down I would ask my mechanic to fix it for free...it's worth a try!!

Also, I'm not actually old enough to be married and therefore will not require a lawyer, thankyou. Very Happy
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:42 pm
Sorry honey_rose, the "mid" is probably a British thing and I'm a Yank. My request to draw my mechanic was actually directed at Mame. I think some mis took you for a professional playwright seeking free professional services from your contemporaries. Being "not actually old enough to marry" and seeking some "inspirational young people out there just wanting the challenge" changes the picture (oops) considerably. I bet your mechanic would fix your car for free and you may well have a fine future in Drama ahead of you.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:26 pm
Well, honey_rose, it's reassuring to know you at least have a good sense of humor.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 02:41 pm
Oh, riiiiigghht!

....there is also the problem that I don't actually own a car either.....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:34 pm
what's spare time?

:wink:
0 Replies

koiryu

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:50 am
Actually, though I'm new to this site.. I was actually tempted to sketch out her characters...
Art doesn't come free.. but..
I've been on that side, and I've been the role player wishing someone would draw my characters... before I found my own talent and, in fact, after. Because it is always a thrill to see how someone else gives your character life...

Honey rose, I'll draw for you. I don't' promise anything elaborate.. I don't promise anything good.. but you have to do something for me, first:

I want you to paint for me Smile not with colors or brushes or even fingerpaint... but with words. Pull out the stops and flourish the descriptions of the characters. use words that thrill and excite the mind's eye, not a list of statistics. Tell me about the emerald eyes that glimmer with hidden mirth from behind a curtain of golden hair glinted red as though by the light of the setting sun. Tell me of the cold unfeeling gray eyes set in a pale skull, framed by hair that seems to absorb the light. Or of the spotting of freckles across the bridge of the nose. The charming lopsided smile. the aloof glare. Give the characters a soul and a personality through the text you paint with.

It will help artists gain a mental image and--potentially--inspiration (though I"m NOT saying that you will have people falling over themselves to draw for you!).. and more so.. it'll help you improve as a writer.

The most important part of writing is to SHOW your reader events... don't tell them about it. Smile

So... Paint Spirit, paint Sarah, and Paint Tarion for me. Tell me about them and the world they live in. and if you inspire me.. I will draw for you. Smile

BTW.... if you felt like pointing towards the RP board in question (in PM or otherwise) I'd not object. I'm always curious to see what other people do.
0 Replies

koiryu

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:52 am
...and I swear, I WILL eventually consistantly notice that sme of these threads have multiple pages BEFORE I post. yeesh.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 05:55 am
Gee, thanks... Right... so you want me to post all about their soul and personality etc here?

(BTW I'll do it as soon as poss, thankyou!)
0 Replies

benjamino

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 08:01 pm
ok this is a bit old but i'll give it a go, i'm currently not as busy as i could be and i'll be happy to do some sketches for you. i usually work for free anyway, well, i get paid in free drinks and supplies and nights out etc (ok not very professional but i'm workin on it, and it saves me money in the end so i guess i do get paid Very Happy) if you're still interested let me know
0 Replies

charlesh145

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 04:42 am
you can lead a horse to water or he could find it himself, i am not sure about her so saddle up a male horse and ride, kick that dust up in your face and breath in nature at its rawest and than ask that question again cowboy!? Arrow
0 Replies