Case #503 against blind faith--Stem Cell Research

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:00 pm
Maybe we should move to the abortion thread?

Anon--
Please clarify what you believe. Does human life begin at birth, or does it begin when a child starts breathing? I don't want to have to argue against both at the same time.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:00 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
echi wrote:
Anon-Voter--

So, then there's the old question that if life begins at birth, do you think it's fine to abort a nine month old fetus? Is it the same as aborting one at nine weeks, or do you draw a line somewhere?

I do draw a line ... when it starts breathing on it's own. I suggest you direct your efforts to those that are here and quit worrying about blobs of cells.

Anon

So, two seconds before a child is born, it's not a child but just a blob of cells? Are you serious?

Deadly serious! How many African babies have you adopted to keep them from dying excrutiating painful deaths?

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:04 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
echi wrote:
Anon-Voter--

So, then there's the old question that if life begins at birth, do you think it's fine to abort a nine month old fetus? Is it the same as aborting one at nine weeks, or do you draw a line somewhere?

I do draw a line ... when it starts breathing on it's own. I suggest you direct your efforts to those that are here and quit worrying about blobs of cells.

Anon

So, two seconds before a child is born, it's not a child but just a blob of cells? Are you serious?

Deadly serious! How many African babies have you adopted to keep them from dying excrutiating painful deaths?

Anon

Shocked How many have you? So, you would advocate aborting a child two seconds befoe it is born in order to save the life of one already born?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:05 pm
Thomas wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
I think I can answer most of your "questions" in with my post that you quoted. Yep, I went back and basically used my post to answer your questions!

No you didn't -- a neutral reader of your post will notice that your "answers" do not answer anything. Anyway, I see no point in continuing this conversation. I will stop addressing you, and would be grateful if you returned the favor.

Works for me! I'll leave you to your spritual moanings while I try to help the suffering of those that are here and sick, dying, and wasting away.

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:10 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
echi wrote:
Anon-Voter--

Anon

Anon

Shocked How many have you? So, you would advocate aborting a child two seconds befoe it is born in order to save the life of one already born?

I haven't adopted any, but then, I'm not the one trying to make the problems worse with more cells that aren't fully developed and breathing!

Would I abort one to save one that's here? In a heartbeat if it were the choice of the woman bearing it. I'm not the one carrying it, therefore, unlike some, I don't presume to make their decisions for them.

Anon
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:12 pm
Abortion is murder, by some definitions of the word. Yes, a living thing is dying.
My question is, so what?
'Rights' and 'justice' aren't inherant, they are arbitrarily given and taken away by those in power. Human life has no inherant value but what we give it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
echi wrote:
Maybe we should move to the abortion thread?

Anon--
Please clarify what you believe. Does human life begin at birth, or does it begin when a child starts breathing? I don't want to have to argue against both at the same time.

You and Momma need to move to the abortion thread. I'm talking about stem cells.

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:24 pm
Doktor S wrote:
Abortion is murder, by some definitions of the word. Yes, a living thing is dying.
My question is, so what?
'Rights' and 'justice' aren't inherant, they are arbitrarily given and taken away by those in power. Human life has no inherant value but what we give it.

As per in Africa where thousands die without a thought. Momma has got to get ahold of some lovely Christian organization who will be happy to give her all the babies she would like to save.

Anon
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:25 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
real life wrote:
For those who doubt that an embryo with 150 cells is a living human being, I ask, how many cells does it require to be a living human being?
For me, it requires birth. I don't do unborn cells.

Anon-Voter wrote:
I do draw a line ... when it starts breathing on it's own.

Which is it?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:32 pm
They aren't one and the same? I agree that some children that are born need help breathing, and even surgical help. I'm all for helping them. Matter of fact, MOAN asked me about aborting one to save one, which I said I would do if it were the choice of the woman that was carrying it. I know you're trying to split some kind of physical hair with me so you can call unborn cells a human that is born. I'm not playing. Born is delivered, completely delivered through the birth canal, or by C-Section. Breathing, crying, having a fit!

Anon
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:35 pm
Thanks for that. But don't assume you know my mind. I asked so that I would not have to assume your's.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:39 pm
Are you clear on the concept now??

Anon
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:43 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
You and Momma need to move to the abortion thread. I'm talking about stem cells.

We are discussing embryonic stem cells, but we've gone off on a long, necessary tangent... necessary, because these embryos may or may not be living human beings. I only want to know how you have arrived at your conclusions on this. I am interested in the subject.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:47 pm
echi, Momma.
If you are looking for a discussion of abortion you are on the wrong thread. Equating a fertilized embryo to a full cycle fetus is pure subterfuge and shows how empty your arguments are.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:50 pm
au1929 wrote:
echi, Momma.
If you are looking for a discussion of abortion you are on the wrong thread. Equating a fertilized embryo to a full cycle fetus is pure subterfuge and shows how empty your arguments are.

That's an empty statement.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:21 pm
echi
Come on, you can do better than that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:23 pm
Anon-Vote Wrote:

Quote:
I haven't adopted any, but then, I'm not the one trying to make the problems worse with more cells that aren't fully developed and breathing!

Would I abort one to save one that's here? In a heartbeat if it were the choice of the woman bearing it. I'm not the one carrying it, therefore, unlike some, I don't presume to make their decisions for them.

Anon

Hmmmm. Well, just who is doing that? I'm just having a discussion here.

I asked you that because if you ask someone a question like that I would assume you, yourself are doing something along those lines?

You don't know what I do to try to make this a better world and I don't know what you do to try to make this a better world.

It's just a discussion. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:23 pm
au1929 wrote:
echi

Don't be sure about that old friend! Happy New Gold One! Yea, I know, I know, it really doesn't mean gold Smile

Anon
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:45 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
au1929 wrote:
echi

Don't be sure about that old friend! Happy New Gold One! Yea, I know, I know, it really doesn't mean gold Smile

Anon

Do better than what? au1929's statement was empty.

BTW, I can see that you are emotionally involved in this subject, but I am not here to trade punches.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
au1929 wrote:
echi, Momma.
If you are looking for a discussion of abortion you are on the wrong thread.

I already suggested that we move to that thread, but it seems that no one else agreed.
0 Replies