Pupils Given 'Patriotism' Tests in Washington State Schools

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 10:21 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Finn, that is my opinion and not surprising since I see Bushie World as being nothing more than a Corporate Fascist State. Thank goodness for what dissent there is against the Bushie/Cheney power grab.

No, blueflame it's not surprising at all.

If a pigeon craps on your head do you assume it was a personal attack ordered by Donald Rumsfeld? It's Bushie World after all and you are the proud enemy of The Man. Who knows to what lengths they will go to silence courageous dissenters such as yourself?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:55 am
Finn, yup who knows. Nonetheless I'll continue to bash Bushie with the truth of what he's done. Lie the world into war. The highest crime known to mankind.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 02:42 pm
I'm just waiting for someone to make the connection for me on how this "patriotism" test is linked to bush.
I have applied to school districts as a teacher and have been required to take "loyalty oaths." This was during the Clinton years. I guess Clinton was responsible for those. ...... Just following the logic.
Does anybody here know with absolute certainty the details of how and why this "partiotism test" was given? There seems to be a lot of missing information here. But, it seems that certain people jump all over the US and Bush without having all the facts.
I also notice that there is a constant comparison between the war on terrorism and the Vietnam war. But I notice the people who constantly put down Bush NEVER mention that the longest war in American history was started, maintained and elvated by the Democrats. Hmmmmmmmm Selective amnesia?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 03:03 pm
ralpheb, Politics happens to be one of those strange topics that shows inconsistencies from both sides. Posters will show bias one way or another by emphasizing the worst and providing very little credit where credit is due.

Some of us already know by now the the Vietnam war was started on false information - as was the Iraq war. I guess it's all a matter of subjective perspectives, but the current war by its very nature has more importance than past ones. We can't change the past.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 03:12 pm
Here's a thought - we can't change the present
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:19 pm
Yeah, right; the way things are going, I must agree with you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:44 pm
ralpheb wrote:
I'm just waiting for someone to make the connection for me on how this "patriotism" test is linked to bush.

Does anybody here know with absolute certainty the details of how and why this "partiotism test" was given? There seems to be a lot of missing information here. But, it seems that certain people jump all over the US and Bush without having all the facts.

ralpheb

Although a reasonable question, you are simply not going to get a reasonable answer.

You will get tirades and wild accusations but no one, based on this article alone, is going to be able to explain how they know this test to be a bad thing. If it is a bad thing, the link to Bush is easy: everything bad flows from Bush.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:20 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
Finn, that is my opinion and not surprising since I see Bushie World as being nothing more than a Corporate Fascist State. Thank goodness for what dissent there is against the Bushie/Cheney power grab.

If a pigeon craps on your head do you assume it was a personal attack ordered by Donald Rumsfeld? It's Bushie World after all and you are the proud enemy of The Man. Who knows to what lengths they will go to silence courageous dissenters such as yourself?

hmm... the term "protest zone" comes to mind.

hi finn! d'ya have a nice christmas ?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 12:06 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

hmm... the term "protest zone" comes to mind.

The use of "protest zones" pre-dates this administration, and is not limited (among the Western World) to use in America.

The right to free speech doesn't encompass the right to disrupt the public peace or the free speech of others.

I'm sure you are aware that for years now (and, again pre-dating this administration) abortion clinic protesters have been required by law to remain a certain distance from the clinic. Relegated, if you will, to a "protest zone." This is not done to silence dissent, it is done to prevent the dissenters from intimidating the works and patients of the clinic.

Similarly, protesters are not allowed to march in the street along side, any, president during an inaugural procession. This is not an attempt to silence dissent.

The opportunities for Americans with dissenting opinions to be heard are so varied and multitudinous that charges of a concerted effort to deprive the citizenry of the right to free speech just don't hold water.

Recently Kanye West said in an a magazine article something to the effect of "The opportunity to express an opinion in this country isn't there."

That's foolish.

I had a great Christmas, by the way, and hope you did too. All the best for a Happy New Year.
hi finn! d'ya have a nice christmas ?
0 Replies