Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 07:20 am
@Lash,
Wearing: Blue jeans, a grey dress shirt, thin dark blue sweater, faux blue suede shoes.
Hearing: YouTubed Jean-Philippe Rameau on the office radio.
Eating: Nothing. Earlier, an everything bagel with cream cheese, tomato, and smoked salmon.
Drinking: Water.
Doing: Um...? Work?
Looking forward to: Coronavirus to visit the White House?
Wanting: Medicare For All
ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 09:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: boiled wool slippers over jumbo wool socks, raccoon onesie
Hearing: financial news program on radio
Eating: just finished feta croissant stuffed with mettwurst
Drinking: had tea. making tea
Doing: considering midnight shopping run
Looking forward to: Coronavirus to get sorted so my entertainment events can be rescheduled
Wanting: Medicare For All works. a healthy US helps Canada stay healthy

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 03:02 pm
Wearing: Black empire waist tunic, Capri jeans, nut brown disintegrating flats, disintegrating navy specs. I detect a theme.
Hearing: Contralto? Spanish. Conversations, Spanish.
Eating: Paisa bowl, patacone, cabbage salad.
Drinking: Ice cold Modelo Especial
Doing: Greeting the weekend—maybe the unscheduled week vacation as coronavirus has sent scouts into our area. Relishing possibility of being paid to teach remotely. I’m down!
Looking forward to: Money out of politics
Wanting: Better news organizations
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 03:34 pm
@Lash,
Wearing: grey shorts, gray t-shirt (w/pocket), black baseball cap, tubi-grip on left foot up to the knee

Hearing: nothing

Eating: raw carrots

Drinking: water

Doing: huh?

Looking forward to: the return of sanity among panicky people. Really people, +50 rolls of t.p.? 200 bottles of water? (Their tap water is still safe and running). And is it wise to purchase 20 gallons of perishable milk?

Feeling: kind of

Wanting: to live in a 1000 room library (large rooms with 12 foot high ceilings) With carpeted floors, climate control, a couple of large windows in each room and a comfy bed in half of the rooms.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 04:07 pm
I don’t even get the toilet paper thing. It’s not like coronavirus is the shits.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 04:18 pm
@Lash,
It's a side-effect of panic I suppose.

There was a news release of a woman who saw two cans of garbanzo beans left on the shelf and grabbed them. In the back of my mind, I am betting she has no idea what to do with them.
Lash

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 09:32 am
@Sturgis,
I think 'preppers' are swinging into action. One of my kids has a month's supply of everything--he always has since he graduated college. He advised me to come shopping in his pantry if people start to go ape-**** in this area.

So far, things are normal.

I was raised to have a Go Bag packed, and a week or two of non-perishable food ---and a can opener Smile and toiletries.

Lash

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 06:40 am
Wearing: navy tunic, dark grey capris with rows of black, white, charcoal geometric designs.
Hearing: whir of fan, CBS news team dumb conversation noises from a room away.
Eating: I.am.hungry. Visualizing warmed Thomas’ English muffins lightly buttered, slathered with apple jelly.
Drinking: visions include too-hot drip coffee
Doing: Waking up to seemingly never-ending weirdness of dystopian outbreak scenario, mentally acknowledging that today is a calendared holiday for my school district, worrying about my daughter. She was raised an additional $2. for hazard pay, but I want her to quit.
Looking forward to: Medicare For All
Wanting: My daughter, a yard for my future garden, a dog, a cage dropped over DC
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2020 04:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: super wildly patterned leggings,mismatched socks (but each matches something in the leggings), wonderful boiled wool slippers that now have holes above big toe from so much wear in past month, black tank under black/white striped t under white cable knit hoodie
Hearing: Patrick Stewart reading sonnets
Eating: Nothing. deciding which serbian pastry will go best with soup, once I make the soup
Drinking: tea
Doing: taking another break from gathering mask-making gear. some folks are going to have very festive masks as I just found some tubs of pink ribbon
Looking forward to: being able to hug people after this **** is over with and getting back to the pool
Wanting: good health for all
ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2020 04:38 pm
@ehBeth,
https://londonist.com/london/books-and-poetry/patrick-stewart-is-treating-twitter-to-one-shakespearan-sonnet-a-day-during-lockdown
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:04 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I was raised to have a Go Bag packed,

I tried to resist the urge, but in a moment of weakness I grabbed a twenty pound bag of rice on my last shopping trip. I saw VC who lived over a month on a fraction of that.

I didn’t even go down the toilet paper isle though.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 05:50 am
Wearing: pale denim jeans, royal blue Bernie t-shirt, zebra-pattern glasses
Hearing: Tara Reade’s memory about Joe Biden’s sexual assault, actually, on Rising, The Hill.
Eating: I am craving a fat bagel with apple jelly.
Drinking: Also trying to motivate myself to start my coffee
Doing: Deciding what to do with Saturday
Looking forward to: equality
Wanting: fairness and a bagel
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 06:03 am
Wearing: zebra glasses, filmy not there black t, navy Adidas loungers, fat navy comfort socks
Hearing: a bunny/chicken, selling Cadbury eggs.
Eating: Gonna make a brunch salad featuring eggs and avocado
Drinking: Second cuppa
Doing: Something, anything...
Looking forward to: Going outside
Wanting: Medicare For All
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 12:26 pm
This thread of snapshots is 15 years old. For the foreseeable future, I'd like to suggest that passers-by might want to choose one of two templates or offer their own.

Here's the regular one:

wearing:
hearing:
eating:
drinking:
doing:
looking forward to:
feeling:
wanting:

And, here's the dystopian one:

Last time left the house:
Protective array:
Destination:
Mood and experience:
Items not found:
One missed habit, dropped:
One habit acquired:
Temperature of relationship with co-habitator:
Most irritating news item:
Most hopeful news item:
Family and friends, sick:
Loss:
Quote or song of the day:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 01:13 pm
Last time left the house: Yesterday. Had been cooped in for four days. Personal best, but...
Protective array: Mask and gloves.
Destination: Restaurant.
Mood and experience: I was not happy to be going, but I'd been so bored with food for the last three weeks that I didn't feel like I was tasting it anymore. So, a bit defeated due to bad behavior, knowing I'm trusting everyone in the food chain at the restaurant with my life (not too smart), but did it anyway.
Items not found: N/A
One missed habit, dropped: Hiking. I saw people out in the world hiking and riding bikes. Assumed they were families that'd been quarantining together. The weekends with my extended family are sorely missed.
One habit acquired: Zoom family games. Another tonight--and they are...fun while they last. But, like a mirage that disappears immediately.
Temperature of relationship with co-habitator: LOL. I did spend some time thinking about this a few days ago. There are worse things than waking up to this interminable ground hog day alone. Being stuck in a bad relationship in quarantine. I've heard my first few arguments in this apartment building in the past week. Not many, thankfully. Very sad to hear about a spike in child abuse during this time. Very afraid for children and other people.
Most irritating news item: I have plenty to pick from... don't want to think about it rn.
Most hopeful news item: LOL. There's a groundhog on Instagram who runs out from under a house, finds whatever veg has been left for him by silly person, and is filmed eating it. He keeps coming out. Inspirational..../sarcasm
Family and friends, sick: This is my hopeful news. So far, none sick.
Loss: Freedom, unabashed feeling of safety, outside
Quote or song of the day: Film of the Day Highlights of Season 1: Chunk Family Eating Fellini-esque
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 09:01 pm
Last time left the house: Today. I'm backsliding. I didn't feel like shopping, so I picked up Take Out. Completely irrational and irritating to me.
Protective array: Nothing.
Destination: Restaurant. I think this will be a humiliating record of failings...
Mood and experience: Defeated.
Items not found: N/A
One missed habit, dropped: Getting to know my grandson. I'm sure he's forgotten who I am.
One habit acquired: Very (very) low brow movies / series
Temperature of relationship with co-habitator: N/A
Most hopeful news item: I was actually going to google "good news today," but that would be cheating. I just think my good news is sorta crappy. Some movie stars etc have gotten together to sponsor AllInChallenge wherein they're auctioning off their time or items or experiences to raise money for something around the virus. (bitter laugh) and I think of all the sweet poor children that look at that and dream and think of all the 'kids' like that actress's who's likely going to prison because she bought her kids SAT scores and entry into USC (and rowing crew? smh)--these are the brats that will get all these plush things and once in a lifetime experiences. So, what an uplifting story./sarcasm
Family and friends, sick: Still good here.
Loss: Freedom, unabashed feeling of safety, outside, decent mood
Quote or song of the day: awright awright awright
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:38 am

wearing: a dingy straitjacket, woolen socks, propeller beanie
hearing: hovering mosquitoes as loud as outboard motors
eating: cud
drinking: hemlock
doing: slowly rocking back and forth
looking forward to: an ominous knock on the door
feeling: kind of nauseous
wanting: the smell of diesel exhaust would really hit the spot
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: ancient Je MÁppele Raquel, Je Suis un Supermodel t over blue striped pj pants, red suede clogs
Hearing: someone on call-in program talking about Chincoteague. I want to go back there too.
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: nothing. getting ready to make tea
Doing:having a fun break from knitting nurse-mates
Looking forward to: being able to hug people after this **** is over with and getting back to the pool

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0110/1712/products/4631443_medium.jpg?v=1328307252
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:16 am
@ehBeth,
Wearing: ]red tank with random sequins under handkerchief weight black pleated shirt, charcoal wide leg capris, red suede clogs, a mountain of silver hair with flower petals in it
Hearing: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q ///interview with Jenny Zhang
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: nothing. considering a beverage
Doing: waiting for next batch of socially distanced garden visitors to arrive Smile the poppies are in crazy bloom and friends are uhhh popping by to see them

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/friday-june-5-2020-darryl-westly-brandy-and-more-1.5599743

Joeblow

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:59 pm
@hightor,
What?! No penis sheath?

0 Replies