Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 04:34 am
@farmerman,
You'd a thought evolution would'a taken care of that hoof problem by now.

Wearing: pajama bottoms.
Lash

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 05:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Tsar, you should have fun watching the drunken office shenanigans! Take notes for blackmail—(unless your office is populated with normal people who know how to hold their liquor, but where’s the fun in that?)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 09:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Adaptations do take care of hooves. Remember wild asses and horses are on a constant move, covering many miles a day. Hooves are naturally worn down an their diet is not so " protein enriched" as much as our domesticated breeds.

Wild horsies are generally not bothered by hoof problems. Its the farmyard and show animals that need ferriers care and routine hoof and teeth trimming.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2019 09:55 am
This is probably not interesting to you guys, but a recent research project for the kids opened my eyes to the horrifying mistreatment of burro/donkeys, so farmer’s rescue went deep for me.

Other donkey rescuer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/29/us/cnnheroes-mark-meyers-peaceful-valley-donkey-rescue/index.html

Excerpt:
The couple started buying abused or neglected donkeys -- they had overgrown hooves, some were malnourished, and others were so badly beaten that if Meyers touched them, they'd start shaking and fall.

By 2005, Meyers and his wife had 250 donkeys on their land.

"We decided that either we have a problem or we're going to have to find a way to find homes for these donkeys," he said.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 06:49 am
@Lash,
Bonnie and Clyde hd hooves that made walking difficult(they must have been kept in a crowded dirty "run-in shed". They werent beaten , just terribly neglected. They are already showing signs of increased nutrition.
Their hooves needed a rel ferrier's care and we washed m so that theyve gotten ris of all that mmatted coat. They live in one of the horse stalls with a 24 hour light for a while. Mr F put a ceramic stall hater out there so they can focus on putting on weight and not b shivering like ww found them..

Looks like they are part of our"Thundering herd". Were starting to have a real petting zoo out here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 03:44 pm
Wearing: The most elegantly ruffle-y and maxi length boho kimono 👘 completely wrong for the wintry weather, but my personal thermostat runs my clothing choices much more so than fashion rules🤓, beige leggings and beige-y top under the glamour!! Nude patten flats which I’ve almost walked to pieces. Guessing new shoes in my Christmas stocking.
Hearing: Horrific fast talking men with squee-gee musical instruments making irritation. Elephants with harmonicas in a blender. They are called Blues Traveler, but I can think of more apt monikers.
Eating: Fries and a chick sammich.
Drinking: Blue Moon 🎉
Doing: Trying to stay awake.
Looking forward to: For this Groundhog Day of Thursdays to end..
Wanting: A better selection of movies?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 07:11 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Tsar, you should have fun watching the drunken office shenanigans! Take notes for blackmail—(unless your office is populated with normal people who know how to hold their liquor, but where’s the fun in that?)

Wasn't an office party thankfully. Just a rare bit of personal socialization with a group I go to event wise.

Wearing: Grey dress pants, black dress shirt, chocolate brown sweater, olive green dress sneakers, black dress socks.
Hearing: Brad Jones reviewing 1917 (2019)
Eating: Large mug of Whole Foods version of mini frosted shredded wheat and skim milk.
Drinking: Chai tea.
Doing: Trying to wake up slowly. Good morning. I'm at work.
Looking forward to: Kind of dreading seeing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) because of the Rotten Tomatoes score and several of reviews from critics I follow religiously. On the flip side, I am looking forward to seeing Cats (2019) which has a much much lower Rotten Tomatoes score (16% vs 58%). But Cats is supposed to be "a spectacular disaster" and be so terrible, it needs to be witnessed.
Wanting: Financial security.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 07:25 am
Watching: soundtrack
Never thought I'd do that with a musical
Wearing/etc: Anybody really care
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 07:35 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Watching: soundtrack
Never thought I'd do that with a musical

Are you watching a CD spin in the player through a clear window? Or the Spotify or Pandora app on your phone or computer? Or are you using Windows Media Player and at least watching the visualizations animated to the music?
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 09:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Its always good for a laugh when some guy comes and describes his accouterment . As long as yer legs aint showin dude. And yer not werin sandals.
Although I do take an interest in funky tee shirts.

I have one that states on the back'

"I AM AN EXPLOSIVES EXPERT. IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING TRY TO KEEP UP
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 12:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sorry. on Netflix.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 12:22 pm
@farmerman,
Run?
Im Leadfoot. I couldnt keep up with yer mum
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 12:24 pm
Wearing: a house frau heather grey dress because I’ve been running around accomplishing Christmas-y things, and badly, too. Adidas pants too—cause it was coldish when I jumped up like a fool to exercise at 6:30!!! On a holiday!!!
Hearing: Appealing couple on Season 1: Episode 5 of Modern Love (Amazon); soft whir of fan; some other favorable bass tone I can’t define.
Eating: Dreaming of vegetable soup.
Drinking: Liquid Collagen. It’s way too sweet. Adding Apple Cider Vinegar tomorrow.
Doing: Putting off last round of chores before I go to son’s for sleepover. I like to be on hand when the grandbairn starts ripping into wrapping paper.
Looking forward to: Rn and every moment for the next two weeks!
Wanting: that soup!
Lash

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 07:58 am
@Lash,
Wearing: purple super comfy boho tunic with assymetrical thigh-length hem, most excellent 10 year old yoga pants. Bright blue X3 old lady glasses perched on nose 'cause blind apparently.

Hearing: Just my fan. Considered this and decided to turn off fan and open window to chilly fresh air - so thanks, Mundane Thread!

Eating: Nothing and I feel great about it! (I think I hit upon something that may change my life, so I'm waaay too full of enthusiasm and exclamation marks. I suffer pretty severely from digestion issues - tummy hurts 90% of the time and Dr says eat 5% of all foods, and this has made me Confused , so life is more of a constant odyssey to find a way to eat and drink and feel better. And yay!! I think I have it. Last trick to repertoire: anti-inflammatory *smoothie before bedtime!!* I haven't woken up pain-free in a couple of years, so either the grim reaper is standing in the closet, planning a dramatic encounter, or eureka. So, I'm not sure how long I'll luxuriate in happy tummy before risking it with food. Razz

Drinking: water with lemon and ACV

Doing: Goofing off online before I go into school on holiday to disinfect, reorder classroom library, and improve filing system.

Looking forward to: Sister weekend!!!

Wanting: To feel like this more often!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2020 05:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: high black boots over really brightly patterned leggings, 2 grey ombre ts under grey/green Dickies flannel shirt jacket, black toque with pompom (where did this come from)
Hearing: world at 6 on radio. discussion of current status of plane downing in Iran. many passengers were Canadian or on way to Canada for academic stuff
Eating: toasted Serbian bun. too lazy to prepare a whole meal so eating as I cook each stage of what was supposed to be a meal
Drinking:nothing. had some chai spice when we got back from swimming
Doing: procrastinating on a knitting project
Looking forward to: going to giant Chinese supermarket with my pal K and my sweet baboo boyfriend
Wanting: staff and big $$

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2020 05:03 pm
@Lash,
Wearing: warm bear-y robe cause cold-y, my celery-green shift sans jewelry, unders, and brown/pale green tie-dyed kimono, throw-blankeys.

Hearing: Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti talking bout politics!

Eating: JFC. Just finished big dinner.

Drinking: water

Doing: trying not to think about politics.........OH!

Looking forward to: Next. Holiday.

Wanting: Bleh!
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2020 08:05 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Eating: JFC. Just finished big dinner.

Typo?, or did JC open a chain?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 07:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: herringbone leggings, boiled wool slippers, black/green tartan flannel shirt under grey/green Dickies flannel shirt
Hearing: Randy Bachman's radio show vinyl tap
Eating: Nothing right now maybe oatmeal with apple in a bit.
Drinking: considering more tea
Doing: considering plans for tomorrow. be the +one for a local radio guy at a show or go to a birthday karaoke or hide under comforter?
Looking forward to: another good swim
Wanting: life to even out
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 05:27 pm
Wearing: deep green light-weight 3/4 sleeve tunic!! Black yoga pants cause so lazy, blankey like a granny. I should have socks on, but too lazy to get them.
Hearing: John Oliver yelling about a Vietnamese song about washing your hands per coronavirus.
Eating: Had cereal with A2 milk! After years of being unable to eat cereal! It’s my go-to snack now.
Drinking: water
Doing: trying to relax and not give in to dipping into work today
Looking forward to: House sitting next week.
Wanting: better routine.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:56 pm
Wearing: mint green sheath, formerly a part of a nice Teacher Lady ensemble; now, sans kimono, shoes, and glory.
Hearing: Brad Pitt and Edward Norton, talking about fighting.
Eating: Nope
Drinking: Blue Moon and thank you.
Doing: Advancing
Looking forward to: coronavirus to leave my baby’s school
Wanting: Medicare For All