Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 06:55 pm
http://www.oishigroup.com/images/hothit/chocolates.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 06:57 pm
<Thank you!!>
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 05:38 am
wearing: brown linen trousers, orange swirly top
hearing: buzz of computer
eating: chewing gum
drinking: now there's an idea
doing: pausing between writing myths for publication
looking forward to: more beautiful days in and around Vienna
feeling: good, physically and mentally
wanting: nothing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 04:57 pm
wearing: lime green skirt, pleated from the hip down - with a pattern of pink, fuchsia, lavender, purple, white, black tweed, and green shoes. fuchsia square neck tank top with tiny gold sequins, pink single-button 3/4 sleeve cardi with tiny ruffles at the sleeve bottoms and around the front and neck edges. pink tweed backless high heels. wore a denim blazer, black black sunglasses and giant black knapsack with the ensemble while in transit
hearing: Setanta banging some dishes around
eating: nothing, but thinking about lamb and mozzarella burgers
drinking: nothing, but thinking about some cold tea
doing: clicking for the rainforest - waiting to hear about a friend who's in labour right right right now
looking forward to: tomorrow's party opening Doors Open Toronto
feeling: mellowish
wanting: the dogs to decide what they will eat tonight
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:36 pm
wow, ehbeth - you sound delicious... love those colours...

wearing: dark turquoise blouse, black pants, turquoise sandals, silver earrings and watch, sapphire ring
hearing: cars on the road below, wind through the trees, birds, kids playing, squirrels chattering
eating: sunflower seeds in the shell
drinking: nothing, but thinking about some cold Chardonnay
doing: thinking about my daughter, thinking of a painting I'm going to do, wondering if I'm ever going to make that shoulder bag
looking forward to: tomorrow's lunch with the crazy women at work, and drinks with a sorority sister after work
feeling: pretty good
wanting: nothing in particular
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:48 pm
Thanks, Mame. I'm working on cutting back on the all-black, all-the-time approach to dressing. The reaction at work was amazing Very Happy

If bellydancing classes make me move like I look today, I'm gonna be hap-hap-happy!
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 06:03 pm
wearing: white, scoop, 'peaseanty' blouse, jeans with emboridered flowers along the calves, pink stone necklace on a silver chain, and a green stone stud in my cartilage. No makeup.
hearing: the drone of my computer, the occasional door opening, papers shuffling, and the rare telephone.
eating: nothing
drinking: alternating between lukewarm coffee and OJ
doing: 'working' (answering that rare telephone), reading, writing
looking forward to: Seeing my friend Nic. She flies in this evening.
feeling: Tired. A little moody.
wanting: To go sit at a cafe and write.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 08:28 pm
wondering how Shazzer's visit with her friend went
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 12:31 am
Had too much fun, actually. We're both a bit hungover today, but had a lovely weekend. Sydney put on some nice weather. We went down to the Quay and took in the sights, and meandered around the Glebe markets, and went to the Writers' Festival for a bit. Then hit the pubs last night. She's back to Melbourne this evening.

wearing: green top, brown knit pants. Debuting a new chunky necklace. It's a bit of a fashion risk for me, but I think it's turning out well.
hearing: same office sounds
drinking: nothing, but I should get some water.
doing: counting the minutes till I can go home and get some sleep.
looking forward to: Listening to some music.
feeling: scattered
wanting: to have a day off to recover from my weekend.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:43 pm
Wearing: Hunter Green button up shirt...very soft, Ralph Lauren I believe, and my usual kaki cargo shorts.
Hearing: Edwyn Collins - Never Had A Girl Like You Before...it's got a cool fuzz guitar in it.
Eating: Very sour green grapes, they are kind of tiny and hard, so I get an explosion of sourness no matter how slow I try to eat them.
Drinking: Mt. Dew
Doing: Laundry, waiting for the last load to dry. Spent most of the evening folding cloths with the wife, telling her of my adventures during my week away at work.
Looking forward to: This coming weekend, my uncle is turning 50, huge party, and I get to see my mom.
Feeling: Hesitant, I leave in the morning for work, won't get home til Thursday night or Friday, and my mom will be here tomorrow afternoon.
Wanting: Nothing in particular at the moment.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:38 pm
Wearing: black low-waist yoga pants, black and red sports bra, white pique sleeveless jacket, pink platform flip flops
Hearing: some odd radio interview. i like the voices, but i have no idea what they're talking about
Eating: the end of a sorta grilled ham and cheese on graham bread done on my beloved grill pan
Drinking: the end of yesterday's diet pepsi
Doing: clicking for the rainforest, wondering if my arms or abs or butt hurts most
Looking forward to: feeling less pain this time next week
Feeling: glad that I talked my pals into starting belly dance classes with me
Wanting: I could really stand a cold adult beverage right now. Maybe there's a mudslide in the fridge
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:50 pm
Oooh, how was belly dancing?

Wearing: Orchid tank, orchid short-sleeved cotton shirt, multi-color with orchid and green and blue and dark brown and stuff below-knee swingy skirt, brand-new hot-librarian glasses (sorta horn-rimmed, sorta cat-eye, but smallish) that I just love. Sozlet helped me pick 'em, girl has taste.
Hearing: ...
Eating: ...
Drinking: ...
Doing: A2K and email
Looking forward to: bed
Feeling: sore from workout today
Wanting: to sign up for a belly dancing class...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:02 pm
wearing: I'm NEVER wearing good clothes when I'm on the puter!! I've changed out of my khaki ankle length skirt, black tank and denim shirt--into an oversized black T jammy top and my red and black UGA logo jammy pants.
hearing: Jack panting, random cars passing outside.
eating: nope
drinking: cold Bud
doing: myspace, googling info on Erikson for Human Growth and Development papers, checking accounts on school website.
looking forward to: being situated in Athens
feeling: accomplished
wanting more Very Happy .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 04:33 pm
wearing: black tank top with silver sequined neckline. skivvies
hearing: Madly Off in All Directions
eating: nope
drinking: nope
doing: freaking out about what to wear tonight. good looking men. latino drag queens. me. what is wrong with that visual? what the he!! am I going to wear?
looking forward to: brunch at Zelda's tomorrow
feeling: sun/windburnt, tired
wanting to be a bit more comfortable about tonight[/quote]
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 05:29 pm
wearing: Dublab.com t-shirt with a Hulk-like figure breaking through a wall; 3/4-length shorts (from a brand called "Stanley B lounge gear")
hearing: The odd car passing by outside, occasionally some people hollering (it's 1:30 AM)
eating: Nothing
drinking: I had some Coke but its gone, alas. Doubting whether to skip out to the 24/7 for another one
doing: Filtering news items from the past week or two into (work) email, our website, and a2k
looking forward to: Going to sleep in a bit
feeling: "Tired but contented" (i think it was Esterhazy who did a whole skit about that phrase in one of his books)
wanting To enjoy the day out with my sis + kid and my father tomorrow, but also be able to intersperse some private downtime into it somehow
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 06:02 pm
wearing: powder blue tank top with lighter powder blue cotton pants. skivvies
hearing: Nick Drake on the gramaphone
eating: just finished salmon, sweet corn, sald and pineapple for dessert
drinking: bottled water
doing: nuttin much...sweating..tis hot
looking forward to: not sweating
feeling: full
wanting to go out
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 07:40 pm
wearing: New PJ's (turquoise w/ dark blue Indian-type floral) even though I won't be going to bed for a while -- came home from workout at about an hour ago, didn't want to leave on workout clothes, didn't want to change into regular clothes then change out again in a couple of hours, so showered and straight to PJ's. Comfy.
hearing: ...
eating: ...
drinking: Nothing, but thirsty, will probably get some orange juice + tonic water soon (my version of Orangina -- not nearly as good).
doing: Checking A2K, catching up on some email
looking forward to: Cabin!!
feeling: Post-workout bliss
wanting My "Orangina".

(Hugs to the fellas, Beth!)
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 02:49 am
wearing: many times washed Sri Lankan batik nightdress/housedress
hearing: wood pigeons and small birds
drinking: cup of coffee, first of day
doing: Checking A2K, catching up on some email
looking forward to: aquaerobics a bit later and then meeting friend for lunch
feeling: pleasantly in control
wanting: the Italian student to wake up (it's nearly 10 o'clock) so I can give him breakfast and go to the health club
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:01 am
Always neat to hear Clary's.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:03 am
Why thanks Lash, how about yours?
0 Replies