Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 01:11 pm
@ehBeth,
This New Yorker article is best suited for the tragically melancholic and insomniac...tic?

https://imgur.com/sjoXzfE.gif
Why We Sleep, and Why We Often Can’t
chai2

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 10:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Do you have problems sleeping tsar?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 12:25 pm
@chai2,
Not medically serious problems but ... as I guess like many people, I have the occasional week where several days, sleep is fleeting and after waking up in the middle of the night, returning back to sleep isn't going to happen so I'm up until my work alarm clock goes off.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 07:17 pm
wearing: dread warm robe, navy with assorted bears and snowflakes. (Vowing to get grown-up robe before next season.)
hearing: Vito Corleone, singing at Ellis.
eating: so full from an ill-conceived dinner
drinking: water
doing: avoiding bedtime
looking forward to: Tomorrow at 3:45!!!!! One weekend before Christmas break!!! Woooohoooo. I’ve barely survived.
feeling: happy
wanting: to see my daughter
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:06 am
@Lash,
wearing: Jeans, brown casual dress-adjacent shoes, tan short sleeved shirt, thin red and black striped sweater (the stripes and the sweater are both on the thin ... rather than heavy side).
hearing: Gawd terrible hold music from my boss' speaker phone; crappy R+B music from the office radio; minor tinnitus in my left ear.
drinking: water.
eating: Just finished lunch. Thin whole wheat bagel with one side: smoked salmon salad; other side: white fish salad.
doing: waiting for 15:15 hours to clock out. Twiddling thumbs out of desperation.
looking forward to: Tonight? Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Tomorrow? Possible ice skating. Sunday? See Oscar winning director, Barry Jenkins in a Q and A for his movie, If Beale Street Could Talk (one of the worst movie titles of 2018. Dang that's a stupid title).
feeling: Mildly restless.
wanting: A studio apartment by my wee own.
chai2

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 02:50 pm
@tsarstepan,

wearing: Jeans, black top, keds
hearing: neighbor banging on something in his yard
drinking: nothing
eating: finished brocoli cheese soup
doing: getting ready to pee
looking forward to: taking nap
feeling: like I have to pee
wanting: to go for a ride in the car
[/quote]
ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 07:23 pm
@chai2,
wearing: knee high black boots, black/indigo leggings with skulls and roses, royal blue knit dress
hearing: jennifer warnes singing bird on a wire ... on to captain and tennille - muskrat love
drinking: nothing
eating: just had a bowl of chicken rice/tons of veggies soup
doing: thinking over the things I need to take to A's gay yoga christmas party
looking forward to: the party!
feeling: like today's walk and swim were perfection / laughing at muskrat love
wanting: staff
Daisy Ryder

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 06:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: Not much, the wood stove is going.
Hearing: Bob Dylan, The Tempest is playing on the radio.
Drinking: Whiskey. (Dewars)
Doing: Being tragically bored.
Looking forward to: Watching Star Trek re-runs later.
Feeling: Tragically bored.
Wanting: I dunno. For the stock market to straighten out and stop correcting itself.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 07:00 pm
@Daisy Ryder,
Wearing: burgundy fleece lined leggings, snowflake legwarmers, multi pink/grey striped long sleeve t under long grey knit tunic
Hearing: underneath my window by someone random
Drinking:nothing
Doing: feeling stuffed
looking forward to: time with K and baby J tomorrow. dim sum with Anna later this week. swing band at the legion on the weekend - holiday festivities!
Feeling: really really full but that turkey soup was / is good.
Wanting: D to do me a favour
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 07:09 pm
Wearing: navy Adidas pants, long oatmeal tunic I wore to work, previously mentioned (ad nauseum) comfy/ugly robe
Hearing: This incredibly sexy actor explaining to Jane Eyre how he acquired Adele.
Drinking: should be drinking water
Doing: Warding off sleep
Looking forward to: winter vacation
Feeling: Not much
Wanting: more self-discipline
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 04:33 pm
wearing: favorite black off-shoulder tunic, most favorite blue and white striped maxi skirt with thigh slit. Ponytail.
hearing: a meeting of the Danebury Metal Detectorist Club
eating: Full of a duck, a shrimp, and a fish part taco.
drinking: Blue Moon
doing: wallowing in intentional, defiant laziness
looking forward to: ****. I was supposed to be looking forward to this
feeling: entitled
wanting: more money to travel to me girl
Lash

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 05:00 pm
wearing: really loose grey sweatpants—flared leg, seemingly indescribable; gause-y beige sleeveless top.
hearing: a tense card game at the end of season one—This is Us.
eating: Jesus! An incredible sautéed conglomeration of veggies and cod. (Then,
Reese’s)
drinking: Blue Moon
doing: half-watching show, relaxing
looking forward to: hockey next weekend; seeing if kids are still into the curriculum tomorrow
feeling: quite satisfied on multiple fronts
wanting: to see my daughter more often
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 07:23 am
@Lash,
wearing: blue utilitarian casual office pants, gray dress up shirt, dark tan fleece sweater.
hearing: mostly silence. Will turn on the office radio as I get up and go to the restroom.
eating: A half bowl of Trader Joe's or was it Whole Foods... raisin bran cereal. It was a half bowl because that was all that was remaining in the box. I'll open my Frosted Maple & Brown Sugar shredded wheats tomorrow.
drinking: Just decaf vanilla coffee.
doing: Not much. Too early in the work day. Now watching the Oscar nominations being announced.
looking forward to: The Oscars.
feeling: mildly upbeat.
wanting: Residential and financial security ... please.
2PacksAday

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 06:21 pm
wearing: A very light beige cotton Ohh-so-soft Henley style shirt, Black suede vest, blue jeans (haven't made it to the chambre for night cloths yet) so I might appear reminiscent of a certain cavalier space rogue...Han Solo.
hearing: Lorde - Glory and Gore....from arguably one of the best debut albums ever.
eating: Chicken fingers, which sounded absolutely horrible until my wife explained that chickens don't have fingers.
drinking: Diet Dr. K, a knockoff of Dr. Pepper, who was Sgt Peppers older brother.
doing: Getting ready to watch the last episode of Parfum, a murder mystery/serial killer story....it has August Diehl in it, I totally dig that dude...he speaks German, Spanish, French, and English...perhaps someday I'll be able to speak the English.
looking forward to: Painting one of the upstairs bedrooms, colors Grey, with black trim, with white shelving...theme "The Death Star."
feeling: Full of chicken "fingers" and curly fries.
wanting: The ending to the mini series to be as good as the overall story has been.
roger

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 07:18 pm
@2PacksAday,
Well, look who drug hisself back. Good to see you around.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 08:34 am
wearing: Skinny jeans, faded up to the sky; a lovely-soft super casual thin mustard sweater hanging to thighs, asymmetrical hem, long droopy pockets, nut-colored ballet slip-ons.
hearing: totally naked man’s exertion noises during martial arts exhibition.
eating: just finished big blueberry muffin
drinking: coffee
doing: postponing Sunday chores
looking forward to: hockey today with grandbairn!!!
feeling: accomplished
wanting: A raise
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 05:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing:shearling lined slipper clogs, black/white polka dot polar fleece leggings, navy turtleneck, giant red/navy/white plaid flannel shirt, red/grey roll brim beanie
hearing: white coat/black art on the radio
eating:just finished pork in lunar new year curry sauce and taters
drinking:considering some hot cocoa
doing:nothing important
looking forward to: waiting to hear if a friend won a Grammyy today/tonight. he just posted pix from his seat. pretty freaky that someone who performed for us at a dance gig is up for a grammy
feeling: tired of winter. big storm on the schedule for Tuesday. F off eh.
wanting: it all

chai2

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 06:24 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: black leggings, blue tunic, gray hoodie. Barefoot.
hearing: husband binging on Criminal Minds
eating: nada
drinking: green tea
doing: Just finished stretches
looking forward to: husbands cardiac rehab to start in a week
feeling: kinda despressed
wanting: more balance
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2019 08:39 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

feeling: tired of winter. big storm on the schedule for Tuesday. F off eh.

looking forward to: waiting to hear if a friend won a Grammyy today/tonight. he just posted pix from his seat. pretty freaky that someone who performed for us at a dance gig is up for a grammy

We are having one of the dullest NYC winters in recent memory. I'm sincerely feeling down about it (amongst other reasons).

Wowzer on the Grammy nominated friend! Very Happy

wearing: charcoal grey dress pants, indescribable white and black or dark dark blue dress shirt, and red suede sneakers.
hearing: The end credit song to the Lego Movie: The Second Part.

eating: Nothing right now.
drinking: Going to fill up my extra large mug with hot water for a second large mug of hot cinnamon spice tea from Harney and Sons.
doing: Not much. Beginning of the work day is relatively slow.
looking forward to: I guess the Captain Marvel movie on March 8th. Don't get me wrong. I really really want to see it. Can't remember if there is anything else I'm supposed to remember that's coming up sooner (movie or otherwise).
feeling: Not bad, all things considered. The weekend was kind of a bummer.
wanting: To get motivated enough to finally get my tuchas to the gym (since restarting my gym membership on New Year's Eve). It's been a year since I've partaken in formal exercise at a gym.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 05:28 pm
wearing: skinny jeans, neon dotted soft blanket, charcoal shirt dress with deep pockets.
hearing: pattery rain, Rod Steiger overacting.
eating: imagining a range of dinner possibilities
drinking: really should be drinking water
doing: Killing time, trying to relax
looking forward to: tomorrow morning with S, DIL, GB and 🍩; also, ☀️
feeling: accomplished, capable
wanting: my daughter
0 Replies