Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 06:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: Blue jeans and a sort of red shirt.
Hearing: I think one of those cooking competition shows, and the kids are wrapping presents.
Eating: Cajun Turkey with Pepper Jack Cheese sammich x 2, and an assload of cheese puffs.
Drinking: Sprite
Doing: Was helping young Miss with a homework project....the great depression, due tomorrow....crash course in US history, WW I and II, and all points in between....she's not sure if John Steinbeck was president or that guy named Bonnie Clyde....Roosevelts Dam caused the Dust Bowl.
Looking Forward To: Getting my X-Wing fighter fixed, I crashed it last night screwing around on Naboo, showing off for the hot Naboobian chicks, the chicks were not as hot as their name led to believe.
Wanting: My sister to stop telling everyone how fat I am....as soon as I finish this huge bag of cheese puffs, I'm gonna waddle right over to the phone and let her know what's what.
mismi

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 09:13 pm
@2PacksAday,
Wearing: low riders, white racer back tank, hubs blue oxford cloth button down and bare feets. I have my hair down. I turned upside down and cut three inches off the other day. Seriously. I am as cheap as they come. It looks quite nice actually....dang my feet are hot.
Hearing: the ceiling fan...because it is hot as the dickens down here...though it is cooling a bit. THANK GOODNESS.
Eating: <burp>n Really - am quite done with eating for the day.
Drinking: ummm - well - just finished my second whiskey sour Embarrassed
Doing: eh - nothin much
Looking Forward To: The next moment. I am just taking them one at a time for now.
Wanting: To hear that Dad's cancer is either not there or at the very least the kind that will be taken care of by chemo. Please don't let him have this surgery. Please don't let him have this surgery. Please don't let him have this surgery. UNLESS...it will make him all better again. I am good with that.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 09:48 pm
@2PacksAday,
2PacksAday wrote:
an assload of cheese puffs.

just had a flashback to the early days of Abuzz when I asked what a cheese doodle was ... I could not imagine what people were eating ... cheesies I knew/know but doodles!?
2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 09:57 pm
@ehBeth,
These are actually called cheese balls, and I started to write doodles....doodles being a funny word and all, but went with puffs....eh semantics.

Little suckers are rough on the tongue.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:13 pm
@ehBeth,
One mans doodle, is another mans puffy balls.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 10:16 pm
@2PacksAday,
<snort>

excuse me while I get the screen cleaner
2PacksAday

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 09:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: Shorts, and one of my favorite shirts....long sleeve, thick cotton burgundy.
Hearing: Baby chicks chirping, wife has about two dozen babies in the laundry room.
Eating: Had Bar-B-Q pulled pork, was awesome...trying to leave it alone.
Drinking: Water.
Doing: Was doing some reading over at an all Republican site....my ears are still ringing from all the gunfire, but by next Friday I'll have my 2013 pin up calendar of Sarah Palin....hubba hubba.
Looking forward to: Crawling into my warm bed very soon.
Feeling: A tad odd....we have had the same city clerk for a little over 12 years, today was the first time she has ever seen me lose my temper....it's very rare for me to do so, very....it lasted about 5 seconds, but that's all I needed to get my point across, the room was full, everyone scattered, and I was back to normal in a few seconds....I never even raised my voice. The clerk is always on me for being too calm, she said she would never say that again.
Wanting: A little less talk, and a lot more action.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 09:53 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: knee support, black yoga pants, interesting brown/beige striped/gathered top, beige/black brick patterned jacket, black shearling lined clogs
Hearing: Jian Ghomeshi flirting with Miriam Margolies on the radio. It's making me giggle.
Eating: osteo-biflex, baby aspirin, naproxen
Drinking: sprite
Doing: feeling every muscle working as my body comes down from 3 hours of dance class ... I feel ping ping ping ping ping
Looking Forward To: Toronto Consort's German baroque Christmas concert on Friday night
Wanting: Mismi's father to get news that works for him
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 07:20 am
@ehBeth,
Doing: thinking of Miss Mismi's family
George

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 07:52 am
Wearing: Blue button-down, jeans with black web belt, Avia cross-trainers and sweat socks.
Hearing: Muted discussion down the hall.
Eating: Nothing at the moment. Had a raisin bran muffin for breakfast.
Drinking: Too much coffee.
Feeling: Bewitched, bothered, and bewildered.
Doing: Taking a break from GUI design.
Looking forward to: A jog at lunchtime.
Wanting: Certainty.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 08:48 am
@George,
Wearing: Black dress shirt, blackish dress pants, black socks, brown dress sneakers;
Hearing: WQXR's live radio feed and the radio DJ jabbering on about something. Oooh. Christmas music now. A medievalesque version of Joy to the World.
Eating: Nothing at the moment. Had a raisin bran cereal for breakfast myself.
Drinking: Not enough English breakfast tea.
Feeling: Not quite awake and trying to psyche myself for tomorrow's groundbreaking, culture shaking event.
Doing: Avoiding working immediately right now.
Looking forward to: A jog at lunchtime. HeeHee. Not! I'm looking forward to the 19:00 EST screening of The Hobbit tomorrow for my best friend, her brother, and her brother's girlfriend.
Wanting: Health insurance and other benefits. Oh and certainty if it comes in burnt orange or Tenné or similar shade of dark orange.
mismi

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 05:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Doing: thinking of Miss Mismi's family

((Beth)) Thank you - so very very much!

Wearing: low riders, white long sleeve shirt, brown danskin hoodie windbreaker, fuzzy slippers
Hearing: some weird thing on SyFy
Eating: nope
Drinking: Not yet...about to go have a celebration drink with the Prof.
Feeling: flushed and happy. Very light hearted that dad will not have to have that heinous surgery. Because of his being 73 and a smoker for so many years...that surgery was scaring the H-E double hockey sticks out of me.
Doing: letting everybody know the good news.
Looking forward to: the next thing
Wanting: to hear that dad has lymphoma so that we can start that chemo and get him all well again.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 05:26 pm
@mismi,
(here, Mismi)
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:46 am
@mismi,
Very happy for you and your Dad!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:55 am
Wearing: Button-down shirt, chinos, topsiders
Hearing: Keyboard clatter
Eating: Nothing
Drinking: About to get some coffee
Feeling: Nothing me dismays
Doing: Goofing off right now, but about to apply event-driven logic to my LabVIEW project
Looking forward to: The Jingle Bell Run on Sunday
Wanting: Rhys to find a permanent job
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 09:07 am
@George,
Wearing: my long red nightgown and my navy bathrobe, woven leather (think lattice pie crust type of woven) sandals
Hearing: trash pickup truck meandering down our street
Eating: nothing (thawing some fish cakes)
Drinking: coffee
Feeling: glad I got the trash out in time. Yes, this means I went out in the semi dark in aforementioned nightgown and bathrobe and sandals.
Doing: goofing off right now, but about to attack the pile of bills
Looking forward to: doing a little yard work later
Wanting: ah, peace on earth
aspvenom

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 09:32 am
@ossobuco,

Wearing: Footed onesie Pajama
Hearing: Bob Marley - Burnin' - Deluxe Edition
Eating: Scrambled eggs
Drinking: Orange Juice
Feeling: F*ck I got a 20 page paper due by 5 in the afternoon
Doing: Grudgingly semi working on the said due paper.
Looking forward to: Winter Break
Wanting: Someone to do my 20 page paper for me. Anyone want to volunteer?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 10:32 am
@aspvenom,
Good luck with it, Aspv.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:39 pm
@aspvenom,
Yep. We're rooting for ya aspvenom. Remember to save early and often your word doc so you won't lose a single page or sentence or footnote.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: Lavender flannel pjs with martini glasses on them.
Hearing: Traffic
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: Nothing. The only thing I do at the computer is compute.
Feeling: Tense. Money problems.
Doing: Computering.
Looking forward to: Not being tense.
Wanting: Money and some peace of mind.