Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:18 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Drinking: Nothing. The only thing I do at the computer is compute.

You should try a sippy cup.
http://i46.tinypic.com/52b4p4.jpg
Fill it with cranberry juice. Yum.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:21 pm
@Roberta,
Well, I'll second that.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hey, tsar. If I wanted to do something other than compute at the computer, I'd do it without a sippy cup. And this kid ain't drinking cranberry juice. Never did. Never will. Otherwise, thanks for the suggestions.

osso, Second what?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:27 pm
@Roberta,
This -
http://able2know.org/topic/65973-107#post-5194886
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 12:32 am
Wearing: The usual, I look like a UPS delivery guy, out of uniform...wait, does that even make sense...
Hearing: Prince playing the lead on "My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Eating: Peanut butter.
Drinking: A sip or two of Crown.
Doing: Expounding upon some AC/DC lyrics, to the wife, I don't think she's listening.
Looking forward to: Finishing the yearly budget.
Feeling: Tired, was a very long day.

Our city clerk is from NYC, she is 4'10 inches of Sicilian fury...she is a trip....I am a very calm, quiet person, she is wound up so tight it is ridiculous....she reminds me of a pin ball. Over the years we have had a lot of fun together. She is old enough to be my mother, and of course often "mothers" me, about a month ago, she made me sit in a chair {a short one} so she could cut my crazy hair. I have a bad habit {or so they tell me} of roaming with my work....I might spend an hour in my office, then an hour at the conference table, then move out into the maint. shop...all while leaving a trail of papers, this drives her insane....she follows behind me bringing me all the things that I have left behind.

I often will hang the flyswatters out of her reach, or I hide papers on the top shelf of her desk, where she can't see them. I hate talking on the phone, so she has learned to dial the number, then just hand it to me with someone on the line....then I'm stuck....you would think I would figure this trick out, but it works every time.

She gets a big kick out of some of our sayings....a kiss, a peck, and a hug around the neck....stuff like that, and we have spent hours talking about chitlins, grits....sorghum....hushpuppys.....my-momma-cornbread....

One of our first conversations, right after she moved here, and was not used to the dialect at all, went something like this.....Me, "Whozat pretty creole girl I saw you tawkin to upinere." Her, "What in the hell did you just say". We hit it off instantly.

Wanting:
To sleep all night long, been going to bed way too early, up at 1am, til 4 or 5...then a bit more sleep, makes for a long day.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:23 am
@Lash,
wearing: blue/green/white striped shirt, black shoes, gray trousers, red clothespin holding hair in trademark ponytail.
hearing: toilet running (it really needs to wear padded footwear)
eating: nothing, planning on oatmeal shortly.
drinking: just had some water
doing: twiddling my thumbs and toes...especially my toes.
looking forward to: baseball season (the countdown has befunned)
feeling: tired and annoyed
wanting: answers without answers
George

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 10:03 am
@Sturgis,
Wearing: Children's Hospital blood donor shirt, track pants, sneakers and sweat socks
Hearing: Rhys getting ready for the gym
Drinking: Water
Doing: Nagging slowpoke Rhys
Looking forward to: Rhys getting finished so we can go to the gym
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 02:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: charcoal and sparkle clogs, gray tunic dress, black yoga pants, a squint
Hearing: a very funny interview on Definitely Not the Opera about Big Foot
Eating: Nothing . Stuffed from breakfast for lunch at the Wexford.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/3054105815_822e9026a5.jpg

the place is seriously old school

http://www.flickr.com/photos/breakfastinthecityto/sets/72157613308102702/with/3250512844/

Drinking: Nothing. Need tea.
Feeling: a bit tired but kinda vaguely happy. I've had a lot of fun with Brenda over the last couple of days.
Doing: considering making tea and hauling all the boxes of puppy pee pads upstairs
Looking forward to: mellow
Wanting: everyone to be mellow and to get the kind of good news they want to get
ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 02:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: What they call mom jeans that my niece laughs about, striped long sleeved tee, earrings for the hell of it. Same old shoes.
Hearing: Katy wants back in. But... she just went out. Ah, she wants the neighbor's spaniel to go away.
Eating: Nothing .
Drinking: dilute guava nectar
Feeling: a bit tired but kinda vaguely happy.
Doing: time to make some cookies for me, not the dog. Oatmeal raisin coconut yogurt peanut butter molasses cinnamon and who knows what else. Sadly, I am out of nuts. Nuts are crazy expensive, while they get better for you day by day.
Actually, these will be bars. I'm historically not a cookie bar maker, but it sounds fairly easy. I've gradually lost enthusiasm for making small oatmeal doggie drop cookies. Maybe I can learn to make dog cookie bars, sort of a riff on ehBeth's earlier posted doggie breath cookies. Or else throw mint in her dog food.
Looking forward to: Roger will be in town tomorrow to see his sister., and maybe take Katy to see her. With luck, timing always tricky, especially in weather season, we'll hit up a new pizza place. He and I make different choices on a lot of matters, so much that there is no point in ever arguing, so it isn't all that stressful - but in this case the question is food. This place is not more expensive generally than the largely crappo places on westside abq, and they sound on the website like they have a clue. Will report back if and when we go there.
Wanting: everyone to be mellow and to get the kind of good news they want to get.
mismi

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: boot cut low riders, chuck taylors, Christmas T-shirt with a big present on the chest, black and white polka dot scarf. My hair has a rats nest in the back again...the scarf makes that fine stuff knot up horridly. It is underneath - you can't see it - but it will be great big fun trying to get that thing out tonight before bed. Might need to have a whiskey sour to make it go a little easier. Wink
Eating: Nothing .
Drinking: Nope
Feeling: fine
Doing: wasting time until I go pick up two of my young'uns and take the one I have that is not mine home.
Looking forward to: so much

Thanks George and Osso and Beth. Hugs you all.
George

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:47 pm
@mismi,
Thanks for the hug. I'm imagining the big present on your chest.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 05:07 pm
@George,
it is that time of year

http://deathandtaxesmag.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TREE.jpg
Roberta

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: Long red schmatte with a slit up the side. Gray sweat pants with a pocket sewn on by moi. Bellevue booties.
Hearing: Traffic
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: Nothing.
Feeling: Restless.
Doing: Computering.
Looking forward to: Dinner. (I haven't had breakfast yet). I'm having a Roberta salad. And work arriving next week. I don't like doing it much, but I do like the prospect of being paid eventually.
Wanting: Money and some peace of mind.

George

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:14 pm
@ehBeth,
That made my eyes hurt.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 06:45 pm
@Lash,
Wearing: Whatever you want me to wear.....growwwllll....oooh, sprained an eyebrow.
Hearing: My wife yell random things at me, she is playing Family Feud on her phone.....name something one might do in Italy.....Speak Italian!
Eating: Chunks of Pepper Jack cheese, and saltines.
Drinking: Christmas Coke in a bottle.
Doing: Trying to explain a few things to my son....about life.
Not looking forward to: Having to replace someone....see next line.
Feeling: Pretty sad, my deputy mayor passed away last night....and that's all I want to say about that.
Wanting: Peace of mind for his family, being from such a small town makes us all "family"....we bleed together.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 07:39 pm
@Roberta,
Wearing:sweater clogs, black tartan flannel pj bottoms, an ancient nightgown - it once was burgundy - I bought it on a long ago trip to Myrtle Beach with the hamburgers and my friend P - she's become a mother and a grandmother since I bought this nightgown Shocked no wonder it's looking mmmmmmmm not its best
Hearing: something about marijuana and tx for epilepsy
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: Nothing. Thirsty
Feeling: sleepy. confused about the day of the week
Doing: considering whether or not to take a sari to class tomorrow night
Looking forward to: the long weekend ahead
Wanting: it all or some of it at least
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 08:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: a Venice Italy tee shirt that a friend brought back for me, that I could barely get on back then, the large making me look like a sausage. But I couldn't just toss it out. This is about fifteen years later. Cool blue pullover sweater over that. My thousand year old white jersey skirt that has roses and french words all over it. Never ever wrinkles. Tacky rubber sandals, the japanese ones you get at drug stores.
Hearing: nothing, cds quiet for now.
Eating: about to dig into some pork adobo
Drinking: schlock but not too schlocky cabernet
Feeling: pleased over this and that
Looking forward to: walkies with doggy
Wanting: as usual, to get my act together
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 08:15 pm
@ossobuco,
ten minutes later: gads that pork adobo is good.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 08:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Jever notice how the wimen write the answer to "Wearing" in a novella form, or at least a short story.
TooPaks just writes,"Whatever"
mismi

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 09:22 pm
@George,
Quote:
Thanks for the hug. I'm imagining the big present on your chest.

kind of 3-D Razz
0 Replies