Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 06:39 am
@2PacksAday,
Very Happy

(This happened AGAIN just the other day! We have a new fancy-pants Dyson, and I've been marveling at how amazing it is compared to our old vacuum, and then it stubbornly wouldn't pick up this piece of lint and I was like great, it's messed up already? This went on for a while. Then I noticed it was off. Pfff.)
Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 10:42 am
@sozobe,
Confused Laughing

Wearing: Black pj pants, large paisley printed thermal shirt (ugly but cheap), fleece jacket
Hearing: click of hubbies laptop touchpad
Eating: no thing
Drinking: no thing
Feeling: cold
Doing: waiting for some gumption to arrive
Looking forward to: said gumption to arrive
Wanting: a simpler life
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 12:12 pm
Wearing: thick black sweater over a garish yellow green long sleeved stretch tee. I happen to like garish yellow green on some occasions. Brown jeans, brown rubbery shoes.
Hearing: Katy barked once as I was typing
Eating: no thing
Drinking: dilute Jemez peach nectar on ice
Feeling: cold too
Doing: about to make dog cookies
Looking forward to: meeting Diane for lunch but not today, it's busy out there on Black Friday.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 12:39 pm
@Swimpy,
Wearing: black swishy dress pants, black 3/4 sleeve top with a pink shoe embroidered on it, charcoal clogs - can't be bothered to put my work shoes on
Hearing: a couple of very loud talkers down the hall being helpful on phone calls - I don't think they need to shout to New Jersey
Eating: nope, but I should
Drinking: just finished off some tea
Feeling: my eyes feel tired
Doing: trying to figure out where Lotus notes has hidden a form I need to use
Looking forward to: a moment of brilliance which will reveal the location of the form
Wanting: to go back about 10 years and give everthing another go - maybe the same, maybe not
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 02:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Give Diane my love.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 02:51 pm
@Swimpy,
Sure will!
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 09:11 pm
Wearing: pajama pants....I still can't believe I'm actually wearing them, but since I have become a....an unwell person....sometimes it's just easier.
Hearing: Mr. Poppers Penguins.
Eating: Ham sammich.
Drinking: Brandy, not much....for medicinal purposes of course...slight head cold....straight out of the bottle.
Feeling: Warm and toasty inside {see aforementioned drinking section}
Doing: Was playing an old pc game
Looking forward to: Getting back to my current chore. *
Wanting: More brandy, I'm totally out.

* Meanwhile back at city hall.....our storage room had become something you might see on one of those hoarder shows, as most of it is old files, that can be tossed/burned, I dove into them. I've been working on them for about two weeks now, a great deal of it can be pitched without much thought....receipts from 1985, job applications from the early 90's etc....but there is a lot of interesting files as well, many of a historical nature....when this was built or bought, that type of thing. Since I am somewhat of a town historian, I am often asked of when, where, who, and whereas before I mostly had to guess or give an approximate answer, now I can give a dead on answer....well once I'm done digging, then making a "timeline".

I have found several personal letters to the city, some I know about the situation, some I didn't....the last mayor was in office a total of about 22 years {we think}, and at one time was also the city clerk, so he remembers a great deal of things, just from being there....and I can ask him, hey what the hell was this all about. I usually work on these old files after hours, because it is so hard to keep people from picking the papers up to take a look....some of the papers I have found are very personal, so nobody will see them but me.
mismi

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 09:39 pm
Wearing: Black pajama bottoms, white racer back tank, black fleece shirt, fuzzy slippers...black....
Hearing: Walking Dead
Eating: blech....heinously gluttonous at Thanksgiving. I have eaten as little as possible since then.
Drinking: Orange Juice
Feeling: Wandering aimlessly about...
Doing: Trying to settle down before bed
Looking forward to: Getting things done this week
Wanting: Focus, drive, determination, strength....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:15 am
@2PacksAday,
Interesting!

Hope the brandy helped with the head cold.

I'm wearing pajama pants too if that makes you feel better. (Usually I do a little computer stuff after I first wake up, then shower and attack the day, coming off of a four-day weekend there was lots and lots of catch-up and I haven't reached the showering stage yet.)

OK so to be sporting, the rest of it:

Hearing: ---
Eating: Nothing, but had leftover homemade carrot cake for breakfast, dang that's good.
Drinking: Nothing.
Feeling: A tad bit harried. A tad bit sore. But also happy when I think of the truly epic yard work operation yesterday -- we have the whole entire yard tamed, if only temporarily, for the first time in a while. And the kid not only was not distracting, but was actually really helpful! She's getting to be almost as strong as I am. She had fun wielding an ax to chop up recalcitrant honeysuckle roots. Wild honeysuckle is a truly evil beast.) (Note to ehBeth, yes she was careful. Smile)
Doing: Catching up on the computer (email, work, Christmas shopping, misc.) plus this.
Looking forward to: Seeing all those yard bags and yard debris gone (should be picked up today, a little worried that they'll see how much it is and say "oh hell no.")
Wanting: To get 2Packs more brandy (plus for him to get all better).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:45 am
Fascinating, 2Packs..

Wearing: my navy thick bathrobe, horrible looking but comfy bright pink clogs
Eating: just finished a potato/bread crumb/egg/spicy sardine fishcake with sweet pickle mayo; still hungry, thawing another one.
Drinking: second cup of coffee
Feeling: faintly ambitious. I have a volunteer tree I need to dig out since it volunteered in the wrong place. Probably too late to transplant but I might try it. There's always another volunteer (Chilopsis linearis, aka desert willow), once a year or so.
Doing: morning routine - letting the dog out, reading my news sources, responding to dog nose by feeding dog, reading football news, responding to dog by letting her out, reading a2k, feeding self
Looking forward to: faintly looking forward to going through some paperwork with an eye to trashing
Wanting: To get 2Packs more brandy (plus for him to get all better).
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 07:37 pm
Wearing: Blue jeans, big black cowboy boots, that are about a half size too small, still a growing boy I guess...black t-shirt, black cowboy hat....long coat is laying on the bench by the door.
Hearing: One of those American Idol type shows...no idea which one.
Eating: Charred cow flesh from Dairy Queen, then some apple pie...she says I have to throw it out tonight, so I'm knawin on it in spurts.
Drinking: Sprite.
Feeling: Insecure, I met a salesman from Iowa yesterday, she sounded really funny....during the conversation she pointed at each of my staff members and said....."I can understand you, you, and you, but I can't follow a word he's saying", they told her, it was the drawl, and after awhile you get used to it.....so all day today, everyone was talking realllllly slow to me....peanuts!
Doing: Was reading some of my old posts....did I really write four paragraphs about my watch....and some of Gus's old posts....he was truly funny.
2PacksAday

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 10:12 pm
Wearing: Straw hat, cargo shorts, grey t-shirt, tennis shoes....bomber jacket. Yeah I look like a dip-****.
Hearing: Top 200 songs of the 90's, on the Youtube.
Eating: Turkey, and a bit of ham, from our annual seniors citizens dinner...leftovers.
Drinking: Hennessy, straight up of course....I've never tried Cognac before, can't say I was missing much.
Feeling: Pretty ding dang good....just naturally, not by this weird wineish....French whiskey?....stuff....3 slugs of anything will not affect me....I'm from moonshine territory.
Doing:
In the mid 80's HUD....{Housing and Urban Development} came into my little town and revamped 28 houses, about 250k worth of work....roofs, siding, paint...etc. Three houses were so bad, they were taken down, and replaced with mobile homes. I found all the old files in our storage, and I've been sifting thru them....lot's of pictures from 25 yrs ago. It's sad that most of these homes that were spruced up, remained in the hands of the same people/families, and now are back to square one.....in terrible shape. Trying my best not to go off on some Mr. conservative rant.
2PacksAday

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 10:14 pm
@2PacksAday,
Hmmm, a bit bold...perhaps I've had one slug too many.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 10:36 pm
@2PacksAday,
Wearing: cobalt leggings with black side bands that are supposed to create different curves by way of optical illusion - ok - interesting/wierd, v-neck knit dress in cobalt - just removed a bunch of layered felt pins, cream Skechers clogs that look like knit sweaters
Hearing: Jim Corcoran's CBC radio program about current Quebecois music
Eating: nothing. considering my options
Drinking: nothing
Feeling: really tired and music'ed out
Doing: decompressing after this afternoon/evening's adventures with Brenda , acting as a doggie door person and trying not to be peeved that after lots of barks and several partial out and ins the old blind girl dog came in and peed on the runner - that's why we have soooooooo many runners and towels stacked up and ready
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2012 11:28 pm
@ehBeth,

Wearing: Thin black jogger's pants, white socks, and a black t-shirt.
Hearing: Bear Gryll's naration on the season finally of season 4 of Man Vs. Wild on the North Africa episode.
Eating: nothing. not considering my options. Splurged tonight on pizza and Haagen Daaz,
Drinking: Red wine: Shiraz.
Feeling: Kind of tired and a bit warm yet the window is wide open. Just turned the fan on.
Doing: Watching a Man Vs Wild marathon blessed be Netflix streaming.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 04:56 am
Wearing: Old schmatte--green with white polka dots.
Hearing: An occasional car drive by.
Eating: Nothing
Drinking: Nothing
Feeling: Eh/tense (worried about money)
Doing: Goofing around on the computer
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 05:47 pm
@mismi,
wearing:black yoga pants, the sweater knit clogs, raspberry tank, white long sleeve t, a cobalt indoor down sweater
hearing: a radio documentary about minor league hockey in Quebec - teams with salary caps of $6000/game
eating: nope
drinking: nope, need tea
feeling: like my itchy, watery eyes are going to send me around the twist
doing: playing, laundry, doggie doorperson duty
looking forward to: really mastering that hat Brenda gave me for an early Christmas gift
wanting: the kind of life where someone styles my hair straight every morning before I go out into the world
farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 06:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Jeans and a sweater (got the heat down wife is feverish, flu, we think)

Listening to 1493

ate chicken Mahkti about two hours ago and Im still bloated like a watermelon

drinking lemon ginger tea (Twinnings its pretty good)

Im feeling sad for my dog whose on the mend after a bad horse day

Im watching Ernie so he doesnt choke with his muzzle that keeps his mouth 90% closed

Looking forward to when my doggie is able to eat solid food and not be medicated for pain

Not wanting anything special just a well doggie and health for the clan
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 07:02 pm
@farmerman,
watching Ernie dog from here.

Me, I'm mildly watching football.

Will have some onion soup in a bit.
Best to farmerman's wife.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 04:47 pm
@mismi,
wearing: swishy wide-leg black pants with coppery side buttons, short sleeve black t with coppery and pewtery studs around the neckline, black ruffly cardy, black socks, black skecher clogs (some kind of theme eh)
hearing: results of Friday's regional food drive
eating: nope
drinking: nope, but I need to make some tea
feeling: annoyed by my watery left eye
doing: heating the dogs' broth - considering what the humans can eat tonight
looking forward to: a week of entertaining lunches
wanting: peace on earth - or at least peace for my friends