How to re-gift with finesse

Reyn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 04:48 pm
How to re-gift with finesse

Dec, 25 2005 - 9:10 AM

VANCOUVER (CKNW/AM980)-- For those of you that are squeamish about 're-gifting' this holiday season, EBay says you can do it with finesse and tact. The online seller is offering some sneaky tricks.

For one, you should keep track of the gift-givers. Keep a list, so you don't re-gift a bad present to the original giver.
Update the wrapping paper, and make sure the gift card has been removed.

Give a re-gift to someone far removed from the person who originally gave the gift-- so if Mom gave you that ugly snowman sweater, give it to a co-worker and not to Cousin Larry.

And not surprisingly, EBay suggests selling unwanted gifts online. Someone else may be pining for that snowman sweater-- and you'll get some cash to pay down those big holiday bills.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,046 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
Today we were opening presents. My aunt opens a present from my mom, starts laughing, and says "I'm re-gifting this back to you."
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
This whole concept of re-gifting makes me insanely happy that my family does not gift each other in the first place.

In the rare case that we send each other a gift for anything it is always some kind of inside joke or something that MEANS something.

I do so love my family.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 04:10 pm
Here's a FYI reminder for those gift-giving days that are coming! Wink
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:08 pm
@Reyn,
'Fess up, have you been known to re-gift?
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:16 pm
@Reyn,
Ah, c'mon, nobody?
0 Replies