Left hand path vs Right hand path religion.

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 02:40 pm
This thread is partially an extension of another where I was asked to define the differences in how the ego is treated between eastern philosophy and Satanism. But that is just part of what this thread will cover.
Satanists in general divide religion into two distinct groups...right hand path, and left hand path, respectively. Both paths claim the same goal - personal enlightenment - but take diametrically opposite paths to get there.

Right hand path religion is any religion that seeks power from without. RHP practitioners generally believe that something is 'out there' and strive to know it/be with it/become like it. They generally believe they are inferior to this superior force, and often subjugate their wills and egos to it. RHP practitioners are generally idealists, and are on some kind of path to 'fix things', be it mans nature, behaviors, society, or what have you. RHP practitioners generally place great value on faith, and champion the notion of spirituality.

Left hand path religion is any religion that seeks power from within. LHP practitioners generally believe there is hidden potential within themselves, and strive to unlock it. They generally believe they are superior to the average person, and glorify/deify their own egos above all else. LHP practitioners generally think the world is just dandy as it is, full of opportunity to twist situations to their wills. LHP practitioners place great value on doubt, and see man as another animal.

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,468 • Replies: 78
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 03:47 pm
Nice try, Swastika Man. I say to you what is reported in Matthew 16:23.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 03:52 pm
I shall discuss with my inner-child and get back to you on this issue.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 04:32 pm
Quote:

mt 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

chuckle.
No, but seriously...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 04:32 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Your post, that is, not what Jesus said. And what are you doing except for confirming what Doktor S stated?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 04:38 pm
Left hand... Right hand...

This must be a guy thing. Excuse the intrusion.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 04:46 pm
No, please do intrude. I am quite serious about the content of this topic in general.
The vast vast majority of religions are of the RHP breed, pretty much every major religion.
Why do you think that is?
Is it that they are more palatable?
Do you find them more reasonable? less reasonable? why?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 06:41 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Merry Andrew wrote:

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Your post, that is, not what Jesus said. And what are you doing except for confirming what Doktor S stated?

Doktor S understood quite well what I meant. He chuckled.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:42 pm
Doktor S,

Ok, that LHP thing. You twist situations to your will? Can you give some examples of this, please?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Doktor S,

Ok, that LHP thing. You twist situations to your will? Can you give some examples of this, please?

Sure. All the time. Everything from subtle psychological manipulation to outright force. The ends justify the means.
Here is an example. Let's use how I attained my position at my company.
The fellow that had my job was my superior. I didn't like him, because he sucked at his job and was a general suckass to the top brass.
The situation: He had a good friend of mine in the department fired for erroneous reasons.
The twist: 50 grand in digital transfers and evidence of illegal entry into a protected system found on his computer.
My friend got his job back, with a raise, and I took over as department head. Oh my.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 06:10 am
Why would you want to build a house with one hand? Only a faithful believer would do such a thing, a follower.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 06:20 am
Doktor S wrote:
...The vast vast majority of religions are of the RHP breed, pretty much every major religion.
Why do you think that is?
Is it that they are more palatable?
Do you find them more reasonable? less reasonable? why?

Obviously the RHP wouldn't want anyone to find out about LHP or they would lose their funding.

Also, I would think that LHP would be more difficult for the masses (general population, not Catholics) to go along with because it puts responsibility for outcomes on them, rather than some mystical being.

Personally, I'm a former RHP who has learned to use both hands.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 07:30 am
Amigo wrote:
Why would you want to build a house with one hand? Only a faithful believer would do such a thing, a follower.

So by this, you imply the be 'independant' one must use amorphous undefinable methods for fear of being labeled a follower?
Trite...

squinney wrote:

Personally, I'm a former RHP who has learned to use both hands.

This is like saying you are simultaneously walking both up and down stairs. I see no way you can take 'both' because these paths are fundamentally opposite.
But, feel free to lay out your case...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 07:53 am
Stairs work both ways but not simultaneously.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 07:54 am
Re: Left hand path vs Right hand path religion.
From your description of the two:

Doktor S wrote:
Right hand path religion is any religion that seeks power from without. RHP practitioners generally believe that something is 'out there' and strive to know it/be with it/become like it. They generally believe they are inferior to this superior force, and often subjugate their wills and egos to it. RHP practitioners are generally idealists, and are on some kind of path to 'fix things', be it mans nature, behaviors, society, or what have you. RHP practitioners generally place great value on faith, and champion the notion of spirituality.

Left hand path religion is any religion that seeks power from within. LHP practitioners generally believe there is hidden potential within themselves, and strive to unlock it. They generally believe they are superior to the average person, and glorify/deify their own egos above all else. LHP practitioners generally think the world is just dandy as it is, full of opportunity to twist situations to their wills. LHP practitioners place great value on doubt, and see man as another animal.

Discuss.

On the right hand, there may be a "force" out there, but I don't strive to be with it or be like it. I strive to make sure my actions are such that, if what goes around comes around, I'm on the side of "right." I may or may not be inferior to that "force." I do not subjugate my will to it. However, I am an idealist. I think peoples / societies behavior can (and should) be "fixed" to be more in line with the "force" be it mother nature, God or whatever. We're all just trying to get through life, so I would like it to be as pleasant for everyone as possible.

On the left hand, I do believe there is potential within me that I can access, but I hardly believe myself superior to the average person. I figure they just haven't found the key yet, and (idealistically) wait patiently for them to do so. I hardly think the world is just dandy the way it is. Quite to the contrary. It may be full of opportunities to twist to my will, but I'd weigh the outcome based on whether or not it harms another. I might take advantage of an opportunity I see to profit myself or my family in some way, but not if it involves doing so in a way that is illegal or immoral.

And, uh, yeah. Man is an animal.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:01 am
From this description I would say you sit squarely on the right hand side.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:37 am
Doktor, how many of the TRUE founders of your religion would call themselves Satanist or belong to any religion? Can't you become an oppisite of the same thing to christianity? Satanist claim truth to be theirs when it is independent of all. Right now you are thinking of what to say next to defend Satanism weather I am right or wrong or you are right or wrong. Satanism reacts to Christianity to a fault. I will always learn more from you then you will ever learn from me. Thank you.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:06 am
Quote:

Doktor, how many of the TRUE founders of your religion would call themselves Satanist or belong to any religion

Uhh..all of them. Otherwise they wouldn't be the 'founders of my religion'
The founder of Satanism, Dr.Anton LaVey, Lived and died a Satanist.

Quote:

Satanist claim truth to be theirs when it is independent of all

This shows a critical lack of comprehension. 'Satanists' claim no such thing.
Quote:

Satanism reacts to Christianity to a fault

Care to back up this assertion? It smells like ass atm.
Quote:

I will always learn more from you then you will ever learn from me.

Probably due to a schism in communication skills, or possibly because you have nothing to teach me.
But nevertheless, agreed
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 10:05 am
I know I'm on the right, Dok.

But I sure am a lot smarter than most folks I meet.

Present company excepted, of course. Laughing
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 11:33 am
You certainly are smarter than most, neo.

Anyway, I make no claims about which path is inherantly 'smarter', although I will say the RHP is a lot more paletable to the simple minded.
Again, not to say all RHP practitioners are simpletons, nor am I saying all that claim the LHP are elite.
0 Replies