what is you favorite christmas movie

AllanSwann

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:29 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Well, we can just agree to disagree on that point.

Did you see him in that movie with Robert Duvall? I can't remember the name of it but Robert Duvall was a preacher on the run that had killed someone with a baseball bat?

A sidenote to this is that Billy Bob Thornton agreed to do his small supporting role as the angry guy threatening to bulldoze the church in Duvall's pet project "The Apostle" as a kind of return favor for Duvall's brief appearance as the equally demented father in Thornton's "Slingblade". Both movies are truly moving and worthy of acting Oscars for Duvall and Thornton (an argument could be made for an Oscar for each in each movie).
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
There was a television production of Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory" that was done way back in the fifties or early sixties. I had heard about it, but had never seen it. Finally, they showed it on TV a few years ago, and I taped it.

Excellent story and acting!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 08:57 pm
Oh, and another one I love, "The Man Who Came To Dinner." Great old movie with Monty Wooly and Bette Davis.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:48 pm
It's A Wonderful Life {Jimmy Stewart} is my favourite Christmas movie Very Happy
0 Replies