Zap! Getting Shocked Exiting Car!

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:33 pm
No urban legend, boomer. I saw a very serious safety bulletin on this a couple of years ago. Most commonly, it happens (not in Oregon of course) when you start the automatic pump and slide back into the car. It happens more commonly with women, but I don't remember why.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
DJ_Battlefield wrote:
Chrsitchurch...

Good ole Christchurch..sweet as, will catch you round the forum no doubt
take it easy dude :wink:
0 Replies

DJBattlefield

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:43 pm
FO SHO, philli baby represent, holla ta cha boy....

na seriously, good to see pepps from the same hood.... ah i mean country
0 Replies

DJBattlefield

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
roger wrote:
No urban legend, boomer. I saw a very serious safety bulletin on this a couple of years ago. Most commonly, it happens (not in Oregon of course) when you start the automatic pump and slide back into the car. It happens more commonly with women, but I don't remember why.

its the shoes ya wear,,, honestly, heels arnt a very good earth, males wear more solid thick soul footwear
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:46 pm
Thank you, roger!

That kind of stuff is one of the reasons they don't let us pump our own gas. Not that I'm complaining. When it's cold and wet I love to have someone do that stuff for me.

I remember paying attention to the story because I'm a real staticy girl. I'm still in the habit of "grounding" myself before using certain cameras even though I've long since passed using those type of cameras.

I wonder why it is more common with women. Long hair? Wear more wool? Wiggle around more?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:56 pm
Sure can't be because of skirts and nylon petticoats, can it?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:05 pm
Petticoats!

Petticoats!?

Forgive me if I break into a chorus of "I'm Just a Girl Who Cain't Say No".

Actually I was much more staticy back in the days when I was required to "dress" for work. Upon becoming self-employed I immediately reverted back to denim and Converse.

We might direct this question to a girl with a bit more sashay in her stride.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:06 pm
They pump gas for you in Oregon? Why????

I mean, it's nice and all, but it isn't that hard to do yourself.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:11 pm
They do it because it is so dangerous.

That is what they say but actually I think it creates a lot of jobs for people who really need jobs.

It's great! I love it! Our gas is not really any more expensive than where you have to do it yourself.

It is a bit embarrassing when you are in another state and you just sit there waiting for someone to fill your tank. Mo loves to visit my family in Texas because pumping gas is such a novelty. What fun!

There is one other state, maybe New Jersey where they don't allow you to pump your own gas.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:13 pm
would be nice if someone pumped my gas for me, I have to do it myself
these days...*sigh*
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
KiwiChic, that is my old avatar. Cease and desist.

Just kidding, but it is my very old avatar. Wink
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:23 pm
Its a cool avatar..I like it, when I first came here I had the cat but so did 2 others...then I saw this one and thought "yep thats me"
0 Replies

DJBattlefield

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:49 pm
boomerang wrote:
Thank you, roger!

That kind of stuff is one of the reasons they don't let us pump our own gas. Not that I'm complaining. When it's cold and wet I love to have someone do that stuff for me.

I remember paying attention to the story because I'm a real staticy girl. I'm still in the habit of "grounding" myself before using certain cameras even though I've long since passed using those type of cameras.

I wonder why it is more common with women. Long hair? Wear more wool? Wiggle around more?

wiggle aroung more....!!!!! singin to ya selves and lookin at ya selves in the mirror, not to mention looking for ya mascara under the back seat, then realising you are sitting on ya cell phone.... works up a bit of static i reckon
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:38 pm
It's electric.

Boogiewoogiewoogie.
0 Replies

DJBattlefield

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 03:53 am
hahahaha nice
0 Replies

keithtim

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:12 pm
Thank God I found this! I have searched the internet. I have a new (500 miles) Chevy Trailblazer. I get shocked everytime I get out. No one else has this problem getting out of the car! I actually close the door with my foot now. I did this the other day and went in a store to buy something and when I swiped my credit card, it "popped" and there machine went down. I have been afraid to say something to the dealer because I figured they would think I was nuts. Has anyone figured out why? Or how to stop it? Sometimes it really hurts!
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:17 pm
i KNOW! i hate it when that happens - i would never touch the cars when i close doors and everyone thought i was crazy or was trying to keep car clean, but uh no, i don't want to be zapped!!
0 Replies

keithtim

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:31 pm
I read a few blocks back where someone in New Zealand has something attatched to his car to prevent it. I wonder if they have that in the states,what it may be called and where the heck I can get it!
0 Replies

bud01234

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 02:21 pm
Get a car with leather seats.

Scooting across cloth seats in the winter will give you static and also little red pimples on your... , oh- nebber mind.

Bud
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:28 pm
keithtim wrote:
I read a few blocks back where someone in New Zealand has something attatched to his car to prevent it. I wonder if they have that in the states,what it may be called and where the heck I can get it!

err this is what I said back on Pg2......

It happens in my Rav4, always hold onto the metal of the door as you exit the car and this will stop the static shock, you can also purchase or even make your own rubber strips from tyre tubes, and attach from the undercarriage of your car to the ground, this will earth it.
0 Replies