Best Trilogy In You Opnion??

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:23 am
Not a trilogy as of this year as "Rambo IV" appears. Perhaps someone should start a thread on franchises but there aren't many of them. The clear winner might be James Bond.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:00 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Not a trilogy as of this year as "Rambo IV" appears. Perhaps someone should start a thread on franchises but there aren't many of them. The clear winner might be James Bond.

Oh happy days!!! :wink:

Stalone....going back to what hes good at.......churning out drivel for public consumption..........'adriaaaaaaaaaan'....oh sorry that was the other one wasnt it?!
Razz
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:33 pm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462499/

It should be entitled:

Rambo IV: Grandpa Gives 'Em Hell
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:54 pm
He just doesnt now when to quit.
sheesh!
Can you remember the last time he made a decent film?
I think the he peaked in Rocky I, and its been all down hill since then for poor old sly.....no! no! wait what was that one he dd recently where he was a sheriff?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:55 pm
You can't keep a groan man down.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:13 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
You can't keep a groan man down.

Laughing
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 05:00 pm
Lucien: I'll take Movie Trilogies for $500.

Alex Trebek: This movie trilogy, starring Keanu Reeves, was the greatest sci-fi movie trilogy ever made.

Lucien: What is The Matrix?
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 05:03 pm
Oh, BTW, well I'm here, I'm going to flame each and every one of you that voted for the LOTR trilogy, and I'll tell you why. The movies mutilated the books, pissed on them, and then set them on fire. The movies gave the books a bad name and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Now go read the books!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:47 pm
You're in a tiny minority on that one with critics and Tolkien aficionados.
The Tolkien estate is laughing all the way to the bank as it stimulated new readership. The movies are an interpretation of the books and I, for one, do not worship the books. They are great but this is one of the best film adaptations I've ever encountered. In fact, "The Return of the King" is the equal of the books. "The Two Towers" was difficult to film and didn't quite make it to the stature of the book. As cinematic history, the LOTR trilogy of films will still stand as the best every produced.

And you lauding the Matrix trilogy? First part: excellent. Second and third part: average special effects extravanganzas.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 06:35 am
Poll suggests LOTR

& it is LOTR... For No Doubts Smile

Another Good Trilogy is Godfather which surprisingly isnt there in the list. Surprised
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 06:42 am
"Godfather III" torpedoed that trilogy but it could have been on the list. I do note that the list is either sci-fi or fantasy so the thread should have been best sci-fi or fantasy trilogy? Technically, "Star Wars" is no longer a trilogy as there are six parts.
0 Replies