Street parking...am I going to end up slapping someone?

Gargamel

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:11 am
Just keep that tire iron in your trunk, and there won't be a problem you can't handle.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:18 am
Oh man.

The parking wars are frikken ON in my neighborhood. I swear if I took a photo out my front door you'd think I lived on the set of frikken Hee-Haw.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood and most of the people here take really good care of their houses and stuff but the two houses directly across the street are.... are.... grrrrr... ridiculous.

House number one - four cars, none of them run.

House number two - one giant RV, one smallish RV, two boats, three cars; they all work but WTF!?

The guy in house number two likes us but hates our neighbor, let's call him house three. House three is a landscaper. He has a lot of stuff but he keeps it all put away.

House number six, next to house number two is so sick of number two parking so much crap in front of their house that THEY started parking in the street to keep number two away.

So number two started parking in front of number three so number three started parking his stuff out in the street.

So now number two parks in front of my house which totally pisses me off because Mo likes to play out there and you can't see cars coming down the frikken street because everyone and their dog is parking on the street while the driveways sit empty.

Frikken Hee-Haw, I'm telling you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:20 am
Shocked
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:32 am
Yeah it is enough to make your eyes pop.

It is further compounded today by the fact that we had our trees pruned yesterday so all of our available curbside parking is full of debris which means number two has to park in front of number three (his sworn enemy) or somewhere off down the road.

Right now he's parked in my driveway.

He did ask permission but I don't know where he's going to go once Mr. B gets home tonight.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 01:07 pm
Oof. People block our driveway all the time. And this is not even when there's snow on the ground, although of course it gets a lot worse when that happens. But it's boneheaded. I mean, we have a fence and a driveway gate that stays wide open 24/7. You have to be a moron to miss it. But of course these people aren't missing anything, they're just hoping to not be caught, that the car in our driveway at 6 AM on a work day isn't going to be actually driven anywhere.

We have called the local cops so often (they tow, it's awesome seeing these yahoos at 5:30 AM or so come running out of neighboring houses, lying their excuses to the city's finest) that they should be on speed dial.

This is all without getting into the folding chairs, broken plastic chairs you get in K-Mart, the old tin trash cans, the brown plastic trash cans, the old toilets, etc. that are used to mark spots.

Also, I have a neighbor with a fleet of cars. Lousy cars, to be sure (they are pretty much all rust buckets), but it's a fleet of maybe 6 or 8 of 'em. All red. The guy gets out of his house and moves the cars around every morning. No one knows why he has so many cars; I think it's just him and his very patient wife who live there.

Did I mention we live on a primary snow emergency road? Ai yi yi.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 01:08 pm
boy, aren't i glad i cooked my car in july....

<i aren't...>
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:29 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Slappy, why don't you just do it back?

Because I think it's an a$$hole move.

Plus, you're too lazy to shovel out a spot of your own....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:31 pm
I started parking my car in front of our house to discourage my neighbor from getting into the habit. Since this car only gets driven when I'm going to a customer's site, it could sit for a week without being moved.

He must've gotten the message. Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:32 pm
That's just messed up, Boomer.

You have a basket ball hoop or something that you can use to stake out your curb?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:56 am
Gee!

The happy land of freedom and liberty sounds like an unending nightmare.

I just drive in through the gates and park at whichever door I feel like or in the triple garage in bad weather and I never need to do any reversing otherwise.

It sounds like you spend half your lives in a seething rage.It's bad for you you know.You must have too many calls on your money.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:35 pm
Yes, but we don't have pay up to drive into a major city, e.g. London. A toll to visit the nation's Capital? Or the nation's largest town? There would be rioting in the streets if anyone ever tried to impose that bilge on Americans.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 01:08 am
kickycan wrote:
I'd love to mace one of those shitters.

I can sympathise.
Preferably using one of these maces.
http://www.davethedrummer.com/pics/firedevil.gif

Although strictly speaking that's a Morning Star.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 05:32 pm
So check this out....

My neighbor with all the crap, remember him?

I've been selling all his stuff on craigslist!

I've sold one car and one boat and one RV.

I am the frikken neighborhood hero!

Now I'm going to go hit up all of the other neighbors to sell their stuff to.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 05:58 pm
Huh? What...you have people showing up to his house looking to buy his crap?

I really haven't had any problems with parking this winter so far. Luckily it's been pretty mild.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 06:30 pm
Well he knows that they're showing up. I'm not just selling his stuff on the sly. I told him he needed to get rid of some of it and I offered to assist.

Although I am thinking of setting other neighbor's car graveyard aflame.

Bottle rocket to the gas tank might do it......
0 Replies