Anyone Living in or Close to Connecticut?

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 02:17 pm
I may be in or around Orange CT starting the second week of January. I already checked and Boston is not a far drive. Neither is NYC.

Hoping to meet up with some of you if we can work out the details.

Unfortunately, my trip will be work related and I'll likely only have one day off per week (likely Tuesdays) but should have about 8 weeks of Tuesdays to get in a gathering or two.

Anyone interested?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,651 • Replies: 20
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 02:20 pm
8 weeks?

whoooooooo - that might even give me a chance to get down there
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 03:01 pm
You'll be right at just about the midway point between Boston and NYC, equidistant from either city. We should plan on evenings in either (or both) towns. Eight weeks is a long time; surely some mutually convenient dates can be worked out between now and then. Are you bringing the Bear with you? Or will he come to visit during your absence?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 06:15 pm
Oooh, look who might show up for the party!

It's not a definite thing. I haven't accepted the offer yet. Still weighing it against Houston, Florida or a couple of other places. Bear would prefer I go elsewhere. But, I've never been up that direction...

For that amount of time away, I'm hoping Bear would bring the kids up for one of the three or four day breaks they have during that time.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 07:27 pm
your only about 10 hours away from me, feel free to drop in some time
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 09:40 pm
February Tuesday gathering in NYC?

I'm interested.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:43 pm
February sounds good, Noddy. Will probably take me a couple of weeks to get the nerve to drive in NYC. Sad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:49 pm
You can probably take the train, squinney, and not worry about parking and such...

If you end up in Houston, I'd love to meet you. Though I completely understand that you'd prefer to head up east. I would too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:52 pm
Wow - 8 weeks? I am definitely in!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:53 pm
Darn, I used to live in Guilford, Ct. Now I'm wondering if we can make a trip back east in Feb. I'm missing those NooYawkers and Bostonites.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:18 pm
Swimpy--

You're being acclaimed as the A2K Beacon of February.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:42 pm
Mac - I'm sure Houston is warmer in Jan. and Feb. You and the warmth would be definite pluses.

I'm hoping that if this works out, I'll be out a couple of months, home a month or so, and then out again in a new location for a few months.

I wonder how long it would take me to meet everyone if I plan my work around A2Kers...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:41 am
Quote:
I wonder how long it would take me to meet everyone if I plan my work around A2Kers...

Last week A2K had 50,000 members.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:55 am
djjd - get over here and we'll do a road trip! Very Happy
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 12:14 pm
ehBeth wrote:
djjd - get over here and we'll do a road trip! Very Happy

can you say, international incident Smile

i'm thinking my best shot at meeting some folk is chicago, i'm gonna try my best to make it happen
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 12:16 pm
<sheesh, he won't come to Tranna, but he will consider Chicago, I think we should be offended>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 12:19 pm
<yayyyyy, Chicago!>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 12:23 pm
ehBeth wrote:
<sheesh, he won't come to Tranna, but he will consider Chicago, I think we should be offended>

Crying or Very sad

don't be offended, just been a crazy year at work and it ain't over yet, but next year looks better, i hope
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:12 pm
squinney wrote:
Mac - I'm sure Houston is warmer in Jan. and Feb. You and the warmth would be definite pluses.

I'm hoping that if this works out, I'll be out a couple of months, home a month or so, and then out again in a new location for a few months.

Well, if a trip to Houston is in the works, don't wait til May-Sept. Things get sticky then.
0 Replies

sephirothnz23

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 04:13 pm
I guess I'm the furtherest away from u guys, unless there is someone from the South Island....
0 Replies