Osso and Pacco move to New Mexico

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:29 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
That really sounds great ... and was, indead, very fast!

It was indeed! Fastest sale, then purchase, on record! I admire a decisive woman! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:39 pm
Osso--

Wonderful. 2006: Year of the Dog and the Year of Dispatch. Wonderful.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:02 pm
Well, it did take me quite a while to move my self and my worldly goods out of northern california - packing seemed interminable.

It makes sense that I do the floors, whatever I figure out to do, and paint at least some rooms, before I move my mass of stuff in. Once I get in there after escrow I'll set up a camp in a small room, and leave stuff in the storage facility for a bit. I don't have a lot of dollars to hurl at remodelling, but I have to do something about the ugly-to-me carpet (and, and, and... )

On the book saga:
Today I ventured down to the General Delivery Post Office in downtown Albuquerque. It's a big building with lots of post office boxes and one front counter area. I found a place to park outside and wandered around inside until I found the counter. The line wasn't long. I started explaining to the woman behind the counter that I had sent many boxes of books to General Delivery and I hoped to pick them up five, or so, at a time, if they didn't mind, and where could I park.

She said, "You must be (Ossobuco)(!!!!!!!). Well, I can't carry them, I've had a heart attack, but maybe he can help", pointing to the guy next to her.
That fellow got a cart and appeared after a while with five boxes in it, and he and I wound our way through the post office box section. He asked me where I was going to put them, and I filled in what he didn't know from my earlier explanation, that I would be storing them in my friend's garage until the house escrow closes. Oh, he said. Well, wait. Let's talk to the supervisor.

Sure enough, I can keep them there so I don't have to move them twice. They are in the way, but not that much....

I could hardly believe my ears how nice the people were.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
Yes, that Osso is an uberwench. And with winning ways both in airports and in post offices.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:14 pm
Great news about the p.o.!

I forget if I've said that I've fallen in love with the people at my local branch -- for one thing there are just a few of them so I see the same ones all the time (as opposed to the anonymity I'm used to), and they're friendly, and they all know sign language! One of them knows it well and taught it to the others during slow periods.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:20 pm
I dont know about my uber-ness, but that was sure one good post office experience. Further, I found out this morning that my mail is indeed being forwarded from the north, so that's a relief.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
That's cool, Soz...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
...She said, "You must be (Ossobuco)(!!!!!!!)..

You kidding, osso? Those were her actual words?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:31 pm
Sally and Pacco anticipation;
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgCJAqMW*W2Kc2s34anLNBz1goZ6z0pvGT!G5SKWWXybkOCbvNkF!95DnA6Gdr2HSQo6Ufp!mg5VNDmmXE1we7LNT0IXU6lE8!pd8O3OquK0gzQqYq1utA/777%20009.jpg
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
You gonna share some of that wine?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
Hey, Pacco doesn't look mean at all in that picture.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:54 pm
Delightful photograph, dys!
Awwwwwwwwwww !Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 08:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:

I am NOT restless, anon is an old fart poopity head. Poopity poopity poopity head.

Speaks well for someone his age, doesn't he?!

Yee-Hah! A new house! Time for celebrations. I'm lunching with MsOlga again in a cuppla weeks - we'll have a drink for you - or I'll have several and she can pick up after me!

Well done, Osso!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
Thankee, Margo!

That's some Chilean wine D & D have served, very tasty indeed...

Pacco's only fierce once in a while, Roger... the rest of the time he's Mister Sweet.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:21 pm
margo wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

I am NOT restless, anon is an old fart poopity head. Poopity poopity poopity head.

Speaks well for someone his age, doesn't he?!

Yee-Hah! A new house! Time for celebrations. I'm lunching with MsOlga again in a cuppla weeks - we'll have a drink for you - or I'll have several and she can pick up after me!

Well done, Osso!

Yea! I am an old fart, and damn proud of it. JayBea says the reason is obvious ... she claims I'm full of ****! Get in the same room with me when I'm "active", and I'll teach you true regret!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:23 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Sally and Pacco anticipation;
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgCJAqMW*W2Kc2s34anLNBz1goZ6z0pvGT!G5SKWWXybkOCbvNkF!95DnA6Gdr2HSQo6Ufp!mg5VNDmmXE1we7LNT0IXU6lE8!pd8O3OquK0gzQqYq1utA/777%20009.jpg

THAT looks like JayBea and I waiting in front of the Cruise Midnight Buffet!!

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:38 pm
margo wrote:
I'm lunching with MsOlga again in a cuppla weeks - we'll have a drink for you - or I'll have several and she can pick up after me!

Pick up after you, ms margo! Ha! I fully intend to have several, too! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:39 pm
oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh, saltillo tiles! sigh. oh, yeah, cute poochies!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:52 am
msolga wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
...She said, "You must be (Ossobuco)(!!!!!!!)..

You kidding, osso? Those were her actual words?

She said my real life last name..... amazing!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 07:49 pm
Anon - izzat you?

How ya going?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 04:37:13