Osso and Pacco move to New Mexico

Eva

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:40 pm
My condolences on the loss of your brother, rjb. So sorry to hear this. I hope you have a good trip to Portland and it helps.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:51 pm
Yes, condolences, rjb.

Osso, really looking forward to seeing pictures. I'm plain nosy, for starters, but also really appreciate your aesthetic in general, and there is also a certain rooting-for-you element -- I'll be happy when I see you have a cool little place to live.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:04 am
RJB, I'm so sorry to hear of your brother's death. My sympathies.

So now you go and tell of my somewhat homicidal side? You forgot to mention the postman's remark that one of the boxes really smelled bad and it turned out to be yours... gad, you might never know how good Hatch chilies are. Sigh. Have to admit that my sons would sometimes ask me, with a skeptical look, "Mom, what IS this?" If you ever come to visit, I promise not to cook.

Soz, Jo has a cool little place that she is starting to fill up with books, for now. It is charming--I can't wait to see it after she has worked some design magic.

Did I mention that Jo is quirky? Another reason I love her and another reason why she fits right here in Albuquirky.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:10 am
My sympathies, RJB.

Diane wrote:

If you ever come to visit, I promise not to cook..

I promise at least to look at everything.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:12 am
realjohnboy
Sorry to hear that news, travel safe and take care.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 07:46 am
>sigh<

those pictures make me ache. I miss new mexico.
Im so glad you are enjoying yourself Osso.

RJB, im sorry to hear about that. I hope all is well with you soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:15 am
Thanks, Wolfie, and I look forward to meeting you sometime when you visit.

Diane, quirky, that's me!

Real John, my condolences indeed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:43 am
ossobuco wrote:
Thanks, Wolfie, and I look forward to meeting you sometime when you visit.

My birthday is in July..
Im thinking that will be the time frame of our next road trip. ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:46 am
Sounds good to me...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:18 am
shewolfnm wrote:

My birthday is in July..
Im thinking that will be the time frame of our next road trip. ;-)
My birthday is in ten days. But I'll be in NM after the Chicago meeting :wink: ... in May, not July Sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:54 pm
If you are ever in south Texas Walter, stop by.

I will make you some tofu and velve-eeetaaaa!!

;-)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 01:26 pm
Yum, yum, just what Bob loves...lol.

It will be great to see you again shewolf! Hope you have time to go play during your vacation.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 01:58 pm
we are making it a week trip this time instead of a 3 or 4 day trip.
Thats just not enough time.

Driving there, requires almost 24 hours to recover from. So we are giving ourselves time for that .

My birthday is the 8th. I have no clue what day that falls on , but we will more then likely be making the trip the saturday before and staying until the following saturday or sunday.

We may even get real smart and take the train , rent a cabin / room and travel that way. The only problem is that the drive by train is something horrid like 23 hours.

I cant fly. Thats out of the question..

( but anyway.. not to hijack this thread.. hehe.. )
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:01 pm
You can hijack it since I started it and I enjoy most thread hijacking..

I want to take the train one of these days from here to LA and back. I'd loll about eating bon bons and reading...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:36 pm
RJB

I'm reading this a bit late. Catching up on email updates on a Sunday afternoon. I just want to say that I'm really sorry about your brother's death. Also that I hope you're OK. These things can be tough to come to terms with. Hugs to you from me.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:41 pm
osso

I'm really excited that you've acquired a new home! Setting up a new place can be such fun, yet so exhausting at the same time. I can't wait for your photographs. I'm also wondering if you're experiencing any "home sickness" for your previous home? You seem to have made the transition so easily. But then, all those good friends around you would certainly make it easier!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:48 pm
Trying to find out what's going on without reading all 46 pages.

Sorry to hear about your brother, RJB.

Glad you found a suitable residence, osso, querida. Also good to know that you're such a wonderful houseguest. Not surprised, just glad.

Speechless to learn that Diane is not all that sociable. Who was that very sociable woman I've met I forget how many times?

I'm really glad that the two of you got on so well.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:50 pm
Oh, Roberta!!!!! Surprised

How lovely to see you! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 07:56 am
Hi. Roberta! Thanks, Msolga!

I don't miss the northern CA home all that much yet - I was frustrated there at the end with all the things to do before selling and then all the packing while keeping up the big yard, Here I have a burgeoning list of things to do, but I'm not overwhelmed.... yet. Definitely, friends cushion a transition like this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
PICS!!!!

Dying for neighborhood pics, kitchen window view pics, walls, swatches....OSSO!!!!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:43:05