Osso and Pacco move to New Mexico

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:29 am
BBB
I forget that you can go through Utah..

When I picture the drive, I picture it in an L shape.
Down the coast of California,
over through Arizona, into New Mexico.

Going that route took me 3 1/2 days.
Of course, Im not the fastest driver in the world.

Not going the route I picture, Im sure it is an easy 2 days drive, or less.. if you ignore lights, stop signs, speed limits ... Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:29 am
Can I have the top bunk?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:30 am
there are extremes which I shall not abide.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:31 am
dys
be nice

share with your friends..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:31 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Can I have the top bunk?

Yes. You can sleep on top of me. If you don't smell like possums.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:33 am
I have no friends (other than the Bean)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:34 am
you'd better give him a flea treatment first..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:37 am
They have those flea collars you change every three months....

....contemplating....

Need to invest in some dentures for him, it appears...
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:43 am
This sounds like a wonderful and exciting adventure. Good luck. Smile

(I'm your basic chickenheart and would never dream of pulling up stakes and moving to somewhere new. But I greatly admire those who can.)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
Good luck, Osso. Have a great trip.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:47 am
I'm thinking the local zoo might be interested in Gus and his exotic lifestyle. Maybe they would be willing to set up a lifelike evnironment for him and his critters. Gus, the swamp dwelling, possum eating, alligator fighting cutie. It will bring a crowd of thousands. Well, hundreds...

We can hardly wait for osso to get here. She and I have been plotting ways for a meeting with pacco and Sally--they really must get along. Luckily, they are opposite sexes.

Lash, Gus try not to arrive while osso is here. Remember, we have a small house. Anytime after that would be fine. We can set up a tent in the back yard for Gus and Lash will get the guestroom. Can you imagine an odder group?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:56 am
It'll take me a lot of days. I have screwed up night vision and stop driving before twilight. I've learned the tough way to stop early: too many adrenalin rushes as I get caught in traffic without a motel and it's getting dark. I'm a fool on her feet at night, and you don't want me behind a wheel then.

My business partner and her husband do the drive from here (eighty miles or so from the Oregon border), going highway 5 after catching it south of the SF bay, which I think I mentioned despising - the highway, not the Bay - and make it to the SF Valley in 10 1/2 hours. I'm taking the road I really like and probably won't drive the whole thing as such again, what with other roads to get to know. Will be two days, for me, to LA if I can get out the door fast in the morning of the first day. I dunno, something like 14 hours with pit stops. Fairly tight re any photo forays. Might go another half day, if I get a late start the first day. The miles on highway 10 are longer, but not so many thickets to pass, once I get out of the LA traffic, although I suppose Phoenix and Tuscon can be other highway parking lots.
Anyway, that'll be more days..

Infrablue - you were right in the first place.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:17 am
I should probably open a thread on advice for territorial dogs meeting. Pacco doesn't care if the other dog is a female, it's a dooooooooooooooooooooog! That is, until he is over it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:18 am
You started the thread! I'll read up.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:43 am
One of the best things I did in my life was when I moved to NM. I love that state. I was just talking about santa fe restaurants with a friend or a friend...... mmmm....

Osso, the drive should be beautiful, though maybe this isn't the best time of year todrive through the mountains.... How are you in snow?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:51 am
Diane--

You are such a gracious hostess!! I thought I might be relegated to the tent.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:53 am
Those who cook get the guest room. (you think I'm letting Gus into my kitchen?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:55 am
I'll cook!!!

(But damn, why would anyone want me to cook with osso in the house?)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:58 am
Lash
Lash wrote:
I'll cook!!!
(But damn, why would anyone want me to cook with osso in the house?)

Lash, you won't be surprised to learn that the first dinner Osso cooked for Dys, Diane and me was osso bucco.

BBB
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 12:06 pm
Not me. I heard all about it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:58:00